R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-17-2012, 04:31 AM   #2401
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: VB Va.
Posts: 695
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crymynal View Post
Igy....thanks for the parts. They look awesome. How hard would be to get you to make a second run on the short side tube?

I shouldn't work on RC when I am dehydrated and have a headache. I already made three mistakes on the short tube. It is fixable and usable, but it just won't have that Igy look after my hack job. So SORRY!
Haha, I didn't write anything down, so I would need whichever short side tube you can give me. Glad I didn't move the bed on the drill press yet. I guess I could go ahead and make the short side match the long side also.
igyrigged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:12 PM   #2402
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: VB Va.
Posts: 695
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Crawling @ Toguchi today. Probably be there around 1600.
igyrigged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:44 AM   #2403
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: VB Va.
Posts: 695
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Well, went to crawl, hooked up a battery, drove about ten feet, poof. Oh well, hopefully I didn't lose all the electronics.
igyrigged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 02:03 AM   #2404
Tech Adept
 
raycerZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 220
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by igyrigged View Post
Well, went to crawl, hooked up a battery, drove about ten feet, poof. Oh well, hopefully I didn't lose all the electronics.
Not a good way to start the new year Iggy! What happened?
raycerZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:50 PM   #2405
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: VB Va.
Posts: 695
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raycerZ View Post
Not a good way to start the new year Iggy! What happened?
Not sure, except my servo is def fried, and maybe my BEC. Rcvr is good, but my escs are acting weird, and taking turns seeing the rcvr signal. It may be a ground problem, as I am not using the bec to power the rcvr, and my esc to rcvr plugs are stripped down to only signal wires.
igyrigged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:29 AM   #2406
Tech Adept
 
raycerZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 220
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by igyrigged View Post
Not sure, except my servo is def fried, and maybe my BEC. Rcvr is good, but my escs are acting weird, and taking turns seeing the rcvr signal. It may be a ground problem, as I am not using the bec to power the rcvr, and my esc to rcvr plugs are stripped down to only signal wires.
Never tried a standalone BEC before. What's the advantage, Ig?

Last edited by raycerZ; 01-02-2013 at 02:42 AM.
raycerZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:15 PM   #2407
Tech Fanatic
 
mr240's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 938
Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)
Default

Has anyone been to Courtney lately. Been itching to run my truggy and buggy. Probably head out there Sunday afternoon to check it out and see what needs to be done.
mr240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:45 PM   #2408
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: VB Va.
Posts: 695
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr240 View Post
Has anyone been to Courtney lately. Been itching to run my truggy and buggy. Probably head out there Sunday afternoon to check it out and see what needs to be done.
Well, the broken stand is still on part of the track, but someone has gone out and routed the track around it. There is no straight or triple right now.
igyrigged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:46 PM   #2409
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: VB Va.
Posts: 695
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raycerZ View Post
Never tried a standalone BEC before. What's the advantage, Ig?
Crawlers basically overwhelm just about any onboard esc bec.
igyrigged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:15 AM   #2410
Tech Fanatic
 
mr240's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 938
Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by igyrigged View Post
Well, the broken stand is still on part of the track, but someone has gone out and routed the track around it. There is no straight or triple right now.
If the weather is ok. I will head out there and see how much of the stand I can move off the track.
mr240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:43 AM   #2411
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 114
Default

Hey guys. Planning a trip there soon I was wondering what shops are still there. I'm only going to be able to bring my drift car unfortunately.
Lolcanoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:03 PM   #2412
Tech Regular
 
crymynal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 253
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolcanoe View Post
Hey guys. Planning a trip there soon I was wondering what shops are still there. I'm only going to be able to bring my drift car unfortunately.
RC Paradise would probably be your best bet. It is a few shops north of Plaza House Shopping Center.

Igy....I wasn't able to finish putting the truck together. I had planned on bringing it to work today and finishing it up. However, when I was leaving the house this morning the rain just didn't look like it was going to stop. I decided not to bring it in and what to you know the freakin rain stopped.
__________________
Anthony Ince
Race Director: The Hill, BBSCT, and any others we come up with
Team Terribles Regional Team Organizer/Japan
TEAMS: Team Terribles, Team P.O.R.N. (www.pacificoffroadnitro.4t.com)
RACERS: Caster Fusion, Tamiya TA-05R, TA-05, M-03M, Caster K8-T, and many more!!!
crymynal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:03 PM   #2413
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: VB Va.
Posts: 695
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crymynal View Post
RC Paradise would probably be your best bet. It is a few shops north of Plaza House Shopping Center.

Igy....I wasn't able to finish putting the truck together. I had planned on bringing it to work today and finishing it up. However, when I was leaving the house this morning the rain just didn't look like it was going to stop. I decided not to bring it in and what to you know the freakin rain stopped.
Well, I am going anyway, as I haven't crawled in over a week. Hopefully nothing blows up. Lucked out and other than some burnt wires, I only lost a servo last week.
igyrigged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:17 PM   #2414
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 114
Default

Answered my own question.
Lolcanoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:36 AM   #2415
Tech Master
 
YDBD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Okinawa, Japan
Posts: 1,051
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to YDBD
Default

Tuesday should be good, how about Sunday's for sailing at 0930?

Igy what were those spoked wheels on the Durango?
__________________
Jon
RC and Beer Brewer
the only way to DUI!
YDBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Courtney Marine Corps Base Off-Road Track Okinawa Japan YDBD Track Locator Forum 922 03-20-2010 02:53 AM


Tags
japan off-road, okinawa military rc, okinawa off-road, okinawa rc, remote control okinawa


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:14 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net