Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Hill Camp Courtney RC Park Okinawa Japan

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 02:16 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Just Got to Okinawa

I just got to okinawa yesterday. Im on Kinser. Want to know when you guys are running. Is there a schedule. Also I run Mugen. where can I go for Parts? Are there local hobby shops on or off base? Thanks for the help.
Old 02-06-2010, 03:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Heya Murray!

Welcome to Okinawa, it's usually not this cold!

Guys usually run Sat and Sun AM till early afternoon. Some may be out there Monday as it's a down day for superbowl...

RC Paradise at Navel Kadena past Kadena Air Base on 58 carries some Mugen parts. They are your best bet for most of your stuff.

Don't know if your getting a car, but you can catch the green line to Foster and bus or cab it to Navel Kadena. And you can green line to Courtney tho its a ways.

Last edited by YDBD; 02-07-2010 at 01:24 PM.
Old 02-06-2010, 06:32 AM
Tech Regular

Welcome Murray. I work on Kinser. So you may see me during the week.

Last edited by crymynal; 02-06-2010 at 10:45 PM.
Old 02-06-2010, 10:23 PM
Tech Addict

Welcome Murray.

There are 4 main hobby shops off base.

Siro - Located in Naha, mostly an on-road touring car shop. Sells Tamiya, Yokomo, Kyosho Mini-Z, Active Hobby, Futaba, and Ko-Propo, plus a bunch of odds and ends like Square, etc. Limited off-road items.

RC Paradise - Located in Naval Kadena, full service shop that sells just about everything.

X-Hobby - Located on Hwy 58 just past Camp Foster going towards Naha. Mostly a wharehouse for Active Hobby Products, but does sell limited items, and I do mean limited. I go there for nitro fuel, as they are usually the only ones on the island that sell Klotz fuel (which I like a little better than the Cosmo sold everywhere else)

T-Slide - Located out Gate 2 on Kadena. Almost exclusively an R/C drift shop. Can order anything though.

Again, welcome.

- Paulie
Old 02-06-2010, 10:32 PM
Tech Addict

Well, since the weather is officially bunk, I decided to get down to business with the fleet.

First to go under the knife was the D8. Stripped it down to get to all the diffs, and went with the Vorza set up (5/5/2). Changed out the motor and installed the fully modifed Massive Mods Go Tech 3 port. It was already broken in, and tuned in Australia using my fuel, glow plug, and pipe set-up, so it should be pretty close and require no break in whatsoever. We'll see.

The Vorza is up next. Need to change the ESC programing, and build the 112mm shocks for testing.

After that, the DB01 will get the shock treatment, as I broke a shaft last time out. I'll go ahead and just re-build them all while I'm at it.

Then finally, will be the EVO 5 MS. The highly programmable Tekin RS ESC is installed and I got a set-up from the man himself, Randy Pike (head guy at Tekin). Need to download the Vegas 2.0 software and load his set up for a base setting. I'll see how it goes from there once I get the chance to test at Yomitan (if it ever stops raining).

- Paulie
Old 02-07-2010, 01:12 AM
Tech Regular

........this rain has got to quit, I am to the point I am doing work on the Slash, we all know how much I love that truck. Everything else is good to go, Fusion EX-1 is ready to test a new setup, made some adjustments to the ESC to dial out some initial power, can't stand Paulie whining cause he can't keep up on the straight. re-did the shocks and trying some medium springs and adjusted for more droop front and rear. DB-01 is fitted with a wing........and a crappy paint job.....and the Mamba Max is setup, should be a good starting point. I hope the next time out it jumps a little better.

The Baja got the 'Killer RC" cutoff switch installed........5 minutes to install, 2 hours of teardown to access. Finally got the Baja tuned after break-in, I'm sure the neighbors just love me!!

Still waiting on the new Truggy, it better come in on Tuesday, I have no more RC work to do and I'm not bonding with my wife all week.

Anybody use the ABS function on their Transmitter, is it compatable with a brushless system? Having a hard time getting the 1/8 buggy stopped after the straight away, just looking at options.
Old 02-07-2010, 02:22 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by bando711
made some adjustments to the ESC to dial out some initial power, can't stand Paulie whining cause he can't keep up on the straight.

Anybody use the ABS function on their Transmitter, is it compatable with a brushless system? Having a hard time getting the 1/8 buggy stopped after the straight away, just looking at options.
Well, considering you had it 100% limited last time, I don't see how you'd be able to dial any more out of it, ha ha ha. I gotz somthing for ya next time though

As for the ABS, usually it's for servo'd brakes, but I don't see why it wouldn't work with the ESC. It's basically like a rapid on/off switch, so it should work.

Let us know how you make out...

- Paulie

Last edited by pgeldz; 02-07-2010 at 04:32 AM.
Old 02-07-2010, 04:28 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You guys are not the only ones building and rebuilding. The dirt/mud is a PITA to remove from a Blitz.
Anyways, I'm trying to install a used Spektrum rx (3500) in my crawler but the guy didn't send the bind plug. Does anyone have a bind plug I can borrow?? I know they're cheap, but so am I.

And yes, I've tried making one, but I can't get it to work either.
Old 02-07-2010, 04:34 AM
Tech Addict

Sorry Scott, I'm a Futaba guy myself. Maybe Ken has one. I know he ran Spektrum at one point...

- Paulie
Old 02-07-2010, 01:38 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by P00DLE
You guys are not the only ones building and rebuilding. The dirt/mud is a PITA to remove from a Blitz.
Anyways, I'm trying to install a used Spektrum rx (3500) in my crawler but the guy didn't send the bind plug. Does anyone have a bind plug I can borrow?? I know they're cheap, but so am I.

And yes, I've tried making one, but I can't get it to work either.
I just did this the other day, take an old servo wire and twist the neg and pos leads together, works like a champ.

HOW TO BIND
1. With the power off, plug the bind plug into the BAT port.
2. Power on the receiver by connecting the battery to any unused port. The blue LED should be blinking.
3. Position the throttle stick in the desired fail-safe position (normally low throttle).
4. Press and hold the bind button on back of the transmitter while turning on the transmitter. The button should
flash for about 5 seconds, then both LED’s (transmitter and receiver) will go solid green.
Important: Remove the bind plug after binding.

Last edited by bando711; 02-07-2010 at 02:11 PM.
Old 02-07-2010, 03:43 PM
Tech Initiate

Alright, thanks. I'll try this once the superbowl is over.

Well, I couldn't wait so I hooked everything up then hit the power switch to my ESC and
POOF!!! and a thick cloud of white smoke.... Cheap ESC anyways!!

Now this gives me the chance to upgrade to the Novak ESC.

Thanks Ken!! Seriously Thanks

Last edited by P00DLE; 02-07-2010 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Update
Old 02-07-2010, 04:59 PM
Tech Regular

I bet it works like a champ! ROFLMAO

The bind plugs I have (I'll give you one next time, just ask) link the two outer wires. That should be the neg and signal wires.

Last edited by crymynal; 02-07-2010 at 05:06 PM. Reason: can't stop laughing!!!
Old 02-07-2010, 05:18 PM
Tech Initiate

I'm glad somebody is enjoying themselves at my dispense.

Well, I'm not one to take failure so I'm going to try to hook this thing up to my Blitz... Hopefully no smoke this time.

SUCCESS!!! Now the Blitz is on 2.4 ghz
Thanks Ken for the right instructions and Anthony for the right placement.

I always succeed at bringing one on board, but taking another one out!

Last edited by P00DLE; 02-07-2010 at 05:32 PM. Reason: update
Old 02-08-2010, 01:31 AM
Tech Apprentice

I am on Kinser as well, we may have to get together next weekend and run our cars.....I just got fuel today, charging batteries now....too late now to run it, hopefully tomorrow. I work at the chowhall here on Kinser, I am there every day (only SSgt in cooks whites).....

I finally caught xhobby open....I went looking for another shop around Kadena today but didnt find it....
Old 02-08-2010, 02:03 AM
Tech Regular

Scott, I for one am not laughing, I may be full of shit but I don't normally give bad advice. I was in a rush when I typed it out, my bad. If you did smoke the stock ESC let me know how much it is to replace.

shame on you Anthony

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.