R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-27-2012, 02:36 PM   #2251
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Home
Posts: 85
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Not sure if you all use lipo, but with the new ban with USPS not shipping them, how do you all get them here?
mgillooly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 03:17 PM   #2252
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: VB Va.
Posts: 695
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgillooly View Post
Not sure if you all use lipo, but with the new ban with USPS not shipping them, how do you all get them here?
We get them shipped from the hobbyking international wharehouse(hong kong), to our local Japanese addresses. Shipping is a little expensive, but the batteries are really cheap. I like the turnigy nanotech batteries, but you have to be careful on the sizes.
igyrigged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 03:40 PM   #2253
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Home
Posts: 85
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by igyrigged View Post
We get them shipped from the hobbyking international wharehouse(hong kong), to our local Japanese addresses. Shipping is a little expensive, but the batteries are really cheap. I like the turnigy nanotech batteries, but you have to be careful on the sizes.
I didnt really think of that. I live off base, so I could have them delivered to my door step? Bypass the USPS all together? I just select Japan as the country and then input my address, how does it arrive, in the mail box/ on the steps or does some one have to be here to sign for it or anything?
mgillooly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 04:10 PM   #2254
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: VB Va.
Posts: 695
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgillooly View Post
I didnt really think of that. I live off base, so I could have them delivered to my door step? Bypass the USPS all together? I just select Japan as the country and then input my address, how does it arrive, in the mail box/ on the steps or does some one have to be here to sign for it or anything?
Sign for it, but you can usually pick a block of a couple of hrs as the delivery time. If you aren't there, they leave a slip with a phone # to call.
igyrigged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 06:23 PM   #2255
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Home
Posts: 85
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by igyrigged View Post
Sign for it, but you can usually pick a block of a couple of hrs as the delivery time. If you aren't there, they leave a slip with a phone # to call.
I dont speak any japanese, will the phone number go to a japanese speaking only person? Like at a Japanese post office?
mgillooly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:37 PM   #2256
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: VB Va.
Posts: 695
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgillooly View Post
I dont speak any japanese, will the phone number go to a japanese speaking only person? Like at a Japanese post office?
http://www.post.japanpost.jp/english...ery/index.html
igyrigged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 10:44 PM   #2257
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Home
Posts: 85
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by igyrigged View Post
Thank you that is quite helpful. I just want to make sure I get this right so I dont have mail get lost. Would this be the correct way to fill in the address? Hope this pic loads correctly
Attached Thumbnails
The Hill Camp Courtney RC Park Okinawa Japan-screen-shot-2012-08-28-2.42.45-pm.png  
mgillooly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 03:49 AM   #2258
Tech Regular
 
crymynal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 253
Default

Yep....that is the way to input the address.

You have to use EMS if you go above a certain mah total capacity. I usually have things sent from Hobby King using EMS anyway for the tracking. If you call the number on the card, most of the time someone speaks enough English to figure it out.

I didn't use EMS for my sailboat and may regret it shortly.
__________________
Anthony Ince
Race Director: The Hill, BBSCT, and any others we come up with
Team Terribles Regional Team Organizer/Japan
TEAMS: Team Terribles, Team P.O.R.N. (www.pacificoffroadnitro.4t.com)
RACERS: Caster Fusion, Tamiya TA-05R, TA-05, M-03M, Caster K8-T, and many more!!!
crymynal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 04:12 AM   #2259
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Home
Posts: 85
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Thank you, I wasnt sure on exactly what was the state and city and all. That is pretty excellent now I can get some 3s for my inferno gt that I converted to a mamba monster. Thing should go pretty darn fast.
mgillooly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 05:07 AM   #2260
Tech Adept
 
raycerZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 220
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgillooly View Post
Thank you, I wasnt sure on exactly what was the state and city and all. That is pretty excellent now I can get some 3s for my inferno gt that I converted to a mamba monster. Thing should go pretty darn fast.
Why not get a 4S? That's what I run on my Caster Fusion. The Turnigy hardshell 5.0 is only $22.
raycerZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 05:37 AM   #2261
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: VB Va.
Posts: 695
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Race Sunday 9/2 at Courtney. Went by today, and the stand moved about 6 inches. The grass on the track needs weedeating.
igyrigged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 06:01 AM   #2262
Tech Regular
 
crymynal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 253
Default

Buddy Codes for Hobby King. Good until Sept 5th.
__________________
Anthony Ince
Race Director: The Hill, BBSCT, and any others we come up with
Team Terribles Regional Team Organizer/Japan
TEAMS: Team Terribles, Team P.O.R.N. (www.pacificoffroadnitro.4t.com)
RACERS: Caster Fusion, Tamiya TA-05R, TA-05, M-03M, Caster K8-T, and many more!!!
crymynal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 02:08 PM   #2263
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Home
Posts: 85
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raycerZ View Post
Why not get a 4S? That's what I run on my Caster Fusion. The Turnigy hardshell 5.0 is only $22.
Hmm interesting. I was going to buy 4 3s, as the mamba monster can handle 6s total. Then I could use 6s in the inferno, and 3 in the slash and crawlers.
mgillooly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 02:11 PM   #2264
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Home
Posts: 85
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crymynal View Post
Buddy Codes for Hobby King. Good until Sept 5th.
Im getting access denied only members with sufficient permissions may access this page. Im logged in to the HK forum, and the site so not sure why. Thank you tho.
mgillooly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 03:22 AM   #2265
Tech Regular
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lompoc, CA
Posts: 388
Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)
Default

I'm off tomorrow, should be able to get a good portion of the weed-eating accomplished.
JDMac65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Courtney Marine Corps Base Off-Road Track Okinawa Japan YDBD Track Locator Forum 922 03-20-2010 02:53 AM


Tags
japan off-road, okinawa military rc, okinawa off-road, okinawa rc, remote control okinawa


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:17 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net