Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum
The Hill Camp Courtney RC Park Okinawa Japan >

The Hill Camp Courtney RC Park Okinawa Japan

The Hill Camp Courtney RC Park Okinawa Japan

Old 02-01-2010, 04:53 AM
Tech Regular

You did see some strange results, I agree we need a day of running some heat races and mains....even if they are only a few minutes each. We need to have it down before a race day or it could be a long day.

Anthony what software are you running? I want to get smart on it so I can help you out.

Anyday that it is not raining, long range forecast doesn't look good this coming w/e.
Old 02-01-2010, 01:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I'm good for Saturday afternoon possibly Sunday and probably Monday the 15th. It would be best to try ASAP and not the holiday so we don't have guys just wanting to drive whenever.
Old 02-01-2010, 08:08 PM
Tech Regular

Saturday sounds good if it is not raining........could be a muddy slash day!!

Throw them out in the rain and drive from under a canopy/Tent

Robert must not be checking the site. This drivers stand is quickly becoming a show stopper!!
Old 02-02-2010, 03:25 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by bando711
Saturday sounds good if it is not raining........could be a muddy slash day!!

Throw them out in the rain and drive from under a canopy/Tent

Robert must not be checking the site. This drivers stand is quickly becoming a show stopper!!
I should be out there this weekend as well. I'm changing motors to the Massive Mods fully modded 3 port Go Tech from Austrailia. I actually broke the head of the EB Mods 5 port motor last weekend. Need to try and get a replacement, as some of the cooling fins sheared right off, and are now just clanking around as there's no way to actually remove them. No wonder why the D8 sounded raggedy towards the end of the day, he he he.

I'll also be doing some more suspension testing on the Vorza.

I did discover an issue with one of my new batteries from Hobby King. I got 8 of those Zippy Flightmax 5000mah, 30C hardcases, and everyone was perfectly matched from the factory and charged fine, EXCEPT ONE OF THEM.

I didn't notice this before because I only charged the 3 sets in the first place, which all charged perfectly.

When I put this last one on the balance charger, it gives me an over voltage error and won't do anything. I put it on a different brand of balance charger and got a different error message. I need to get a balance tab for my Hyperions, and if it won't charge on that, than I think I may have to find a way to return it and exchange it for another one. So I have 7 perfect batteries, which only give me 3 sets to run the Vorza. I wanted to be able to run 4 times without recharging. Dang.

- Paulie
Old 02-02-2010, 04:10 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by pgeldz
I should be out there this weekend as well. I'm changing motors to the Massive Mods fully modded 3 port Go Tech from Austrailia. I actually broke the head of the EB Mods 5 port motor last weekend. Need to try and get a replacement, as some of the cooling fins sheared right off, and are now just clanking around as there's no way to actually remove them. No wonder why the D8 sounded raggedy towards the end of the day, he he he.

I'll also be doing some more suspension testing on the Vorza.

I did discover an issue with one of my new batteries from Hobby King. I got 8 of those Zippy Flightmax 5000mah, 30C hardcases, and everyone was perfectly matched from the factory and charged fine, EXCEPT ONE OF THEM.

I didn't notice this before because I only charged the 3 sets in the first place, which all charged perfectly.

When I put this last one on the balance charger, it gives me an over voltage error and won't do anything. I put it on a different brand of balance charger and got a different error message. I need to get a balance tab for my Hyperions, and if it won't charge on that, than I think I may have to find a way to return it and exchange it for another one. So I have 7 perfect batteries, which only give me 3 sets to run the Vorza. I wanted to be able to run 4 times without recharging. Dang.

- Paulie
Four tires on the ground and you want to drive on the motor head? You been taking driving lessons from Jason...............
Old 02-02-2010, 04:13 AM
Tech Addict

Four tires on the ground and you want to drive on the motor head? You been taking driving lessons from Jason...............
LOL!
Old 02-02-2010, 05:02 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I am gonna Hack-san the shiot out of you!!
Old 02-02-2010, 05:08 AM
Tech Regular

........I knew you were still awake and lurking on the boards. Just rattle your cage and you came out to play.
Old 02-02-2010, 06:59 AM
Tech Regular

After I spoke with Ken this evening I began running some tests with the software. Staggered starts are a go. I got it working right. I increased the time between the individual starts also. I've got the print outs working and understand them. The point system the software uses is weird so I don't think we will use it. I am working on a cheat sheet to run the races also, just incase I'm not there or someone else is running the event.

I'll run at least one more test without the hardware but would still like to run one with the hardware and cars.
Old 02-02-2010, 03:00 PM
Tech Addict

If it doesn't rain, I'll be out there Sunday and most likely Monday.

Saturday is out for me...I got challenged by my housing company to a table tennis match.

- Paulie
Old 02-02-2010, 03:55 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by pgeldz
If it doesn't rain, I'll be out there Sunday and most likely Monday.

Saturday is out for me...I got challenged by my housing company to a table tennis match.

- Paulie
"table tennis match" , That's code for Dee said no.....LOL
Old 02-02-2010, 04:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

so Paulie you gonna pull an all nighter rebuilding your paddle?
Old 02-02-2010, 04:20 PM
Tech Regular

Hey Jon "The Team Driver" Waldon, have you seen anything on the Fusion that resembles a transponder mount? Can't seem to find one. I have room on the Receiver plate if I don't use the cover but not a good idea to mount it on the metal with the sensing wires below ground. Looking for something that looks better than velcro on the mud guard.
Old 02-02-2010, 07:33 PM
Tech Addict

"table tennis match" , That's code for Dee said no.....LOL
LOL!

Originally Posted by YDBD
so Paulie you gonna pull an all nighter rebuilding your paddle?
I know, right! Fortunately, I sold all my gear years ago. Heck, I was the Forest Gump of my time back in the day!

- Paulie
Old 02-02-2010, 08:08 PM
Tech Regular

.....this is too easy, don't worry Paulie you still remind me of Forrest Gump.

Anthony, I got all the wiring for the transponders.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.