R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 01-22-2010, 09:14 AM   #91
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to charlie_b Send a message via MSN to charlie_b Send a message via Yahoo to charlie_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by spring71 View Post
Hi all,

I'm still working on the paper works, that's why I can not give you guys exact open schedule.

Sorry for the delay, thanks for being patient.
Keep at it...we are eagerly awaiting ur anouncement.
CFX Paintworks:="https://www.facebook.com/CFXPaintworks?fref=ts
TEAM ASSOCIATED|REEDY|HITEC|PARMA|PROTEKRC|SWEEP|IWATA| RPM|AMAIN|CREATEX/WICKED/AUTOAIR PAINTS|CFX|CAL RACEWAY
charlie_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 10:57 AM   #92
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

CRC Barrier system is ready.

Click Here to see the photos.

If you Signup, you will receive the opening schedule, race schedule, news letters... via email.

Thanks.
http://www.tqrcracing.com
[email protected]
spring71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 01:31 PM   #93
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

That track looks sick!! Now, if only I hadn't sold my XXX-S last month
losifiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 01:36 PM   #94
Tech Regular

nice!
but that entry off the sweeper looks a little tight
dstyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 02:38 PM   #95
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

My 12R5.1 just drooled
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 05:16 PM   #96
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX View Post
My 12R5.1 just drooled
LOL...so did my Xray M18 and my Mini-Z fleet including mini-Z mod pan car, with those lane widths in the pics that is...I suspect for 10th scale less twisty but much wider lanes will be neccessary. Either way looking good in the neighborhood
mugler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 09:05 AM   #97
Tech Initiate

I recommend that if you are going to have a carpet track only allow foam tires on the track and not sedan slicks. I have raced at one local carpet track here in the area and the sedans put down a real nasty layer of rubber. not only does it gum up the bottom of the pan chassis it affects traction when it sticks to the foam tires. I raced for years at bob and Jim's Rc in Riverside Ca and it was a carpet track, foam tires only and I could sauce my tires in the morning and not need to re-sauce for about 4 or 5 more runs. I would ask all sedans to run foam if it were me opening a new track. Just a thought.
johnkean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 01:45 PM   #98
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Syber Serulean

are you referring to rubber tires made to run on carpet like the Jaco rubbers as well? I definately plan on visiting this track...

but not with foams on my sedan.
Syber Serulean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 07:30 PM   #99
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnkean View Post
I recommend that if you are going to have a carpet track only allow foam tires on the track and not sedan slicks. I have raced at one local carpet track here in the area and the sedans put down a real nasty layer of rubber. not only does it gum up the bottom of the pan chassis it affects traction when it sticks to the foam tires. I raced for years at bob and Jim's Rc in Riverside Ca and it was a carpet track, foam tires only and I could sauce my tires in the morning and not need to re-sauce for about 4 or 5 more runs. I would ask all sedans to run foam if it were me opening a new track. Just a thought.
I agree, Carpet Track = Foam Tires Only. I also remember running at Bob and Jims cant wait for this track to open!
JDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 08:15 PM   #100
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to charlie_b Send a message via MSN to charlie_b Send a message via Yahoo to charlie_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnkean View Post
Keep in mind, and this is just food for thought. As a business, disallowing potential new customers will only deter the track from getting "NEW BLOOD". Will you turn away a 12 year old with a RTR Tamiya TT01 after he just got it for xmas? And what will you tell his father after he worked 3 weeks worth of overtime but buy this for his son only to tell him he needs to spend more money? I understand you want to make your local track perfect, but "perfect" for the same 7 or 7 people will not pay the rent for the track owner.

I hope this makes sense.

Spring..i am eagerly awaiting your opening!
CFX Paintworks:="https://www.facebook.com/CFXPaintworks?fref=ts
TEAM ASSOCIATED|REEDY|HITEC|PARMA|PROTEKRC|SWEEP|IWATA| RPM|AMAIN|CREATEX/WICKED/AUTOAIR PAINTS|CFX|CAL RACEWAY
charlie_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 11:37 PM   #101
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Syber Serulean

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie_b View Post
Keep in mind, and this is just food for thought. As a business, disallowing potential new customers will only deter the track from getting "NEW BLOOD". Will you turn away a 12 year old with a RTR Tamiya TT01 after he just got it for xmas? And what will you tell his father after he worked 3 weeks worth of overtime but buy this for his son only to tell him he needs to spend more money? I understand you want to make your local track perfect, but "perfect" for the same 7 or 7 people will not pay the rent for the track owner.

I hope this makes sense.

Spring..i am eagerly awaiting your opening!
I was actually saying the same thing but didnt want to say anything lol. Best business practice is to not limit those who can keep you afloat from spending money at your track.
Syber Serulean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 12:56 PM   #102
Tech Champion

Honestly with the size of this track it doesn't seem possible to run TC's there.
And If little Johnny wants to run, I would have rentals for situations like that.

It's not a matter of turning customers away, it's more about educating them on how a RACE TRACK operates.
That new rug ain't cheap, treat it with respect and it will last quite some time.

At Bob & Jims, Bob would greet you as you walked in, asked if you needed any help, and point you to the experienced drivers there.
From then on you just got sucked in to the most fun you could have with an RC car

Good Times, miss that place, cockroaches, mice and all...

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
Old 01-26-2010, 02:01 PM   #103
Tech Initiate

"Good Times, miss that place, cockroaches, mice and all... "

HA HA, Those things were more like NewYork sewer rats! I made the mistake of leaving my big mac on the pit table un attended and when I came back one of those monsters was running off with it!
johnkean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 02:48 PM   #104
Tech Master

One possible solution might be to rent out (yes rent) foam tires to those who come in with rubber tires for the first time unknowingly...from there you would assume they would buy a set for future visits.

I was under the impression that only drift slicks ruined the track on asphalt anyway, but i guess it's different for carpet based on whats being discussed.

general observation though, for TCs most carpet tracks are going with rubber only anyway & thats how it was at OCRC too. don't even know if there's even a demand for foam tc racing or 1/12 4wd for that matter which I have a feeling will be the big draw for this track. If you want to maximize customer base rubber has to allowed alongside foam.
mugler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 08:00 PM   #105
Tech Champion

At this point I would have to agree, as most cars are running on rubber tires today.
With JTG and the right tires it wasn't too much of a problem at OCRC.

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.

Tags
carpet, chino, indoor, oval, socal