R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 12-24-2009, 06:10 AM   #31
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Merry Christmas Bill. I would like to start racing but Saturday nights are tough for me. I will not be there till after the holidays. Ed has been racing weekly in the dirt. I am not sure that he will come to Ramage on a regular basis. I will let him know when I am able to show up to see if he wants to go. I know that on road is more fun for him than offroad.

I will run my F103GT if allowed. And my TT-01 in the GT class. Tell Randy my TT-01 will be on the track....he will quiver.
Old 12-24-2009, 02:57 PM   #32
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

he's already been talking about how fast your silver can TT01 is
rcracer1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 04:52 AM   #33
Tech Fanatic

we ran last night...had a lot of fun. randy's car is getting better, and rich's driving is getting better.
next Saturday is our next road course night.
Today, Sunday, is martinsville oval for 1/10th sedans and Losi mini late model chassis
Old 01-01-2010, 03:41 AM   #34
Tech Fanatic

We're on for roadcourse tomorrow night, racing will start around 7:00 pm

Hope to see some new faces.

Happy New Year from all the racers at Rampage Hobbies & Raceway
Old 01-03-2010, 05:29 AM   #35
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default Hello and happy new year

To all.Over from the Marshalls thread.This is Mario,if any know me.Quick side post..Wont be racing for awhile and I will be posting some stuff for sale.Wanted to hit here first,give you guys first shot.(hope no one minds)I have a couple of NIB F103 cars..Ferrari and Sauber All Japan Championship car(CF chassis,blue alum etc.Also have 2 Assoc.18R's.Pm if interested.Thanks,and sorry for the hijack.Mario.
lotus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 05:31 AM   #36
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus1 View Post
To all.Over from the Marshalls thread.This is Mario,if any know me.Quick side post..Wont be racing for awhile and I will be posting some stuff for sale.Wanted to hit here first,give you guys first shot.(hope no one minds)I have a couple of NIB F103 cars..Ferrari and Sauber All Japan Championship car(CF chassis,blue alum etc.Also have 2 Assoc.18R's.Pm if interested.Thanks,and sorry for the hijack.Mario.

Hey Mario, everything good?
Old 01-03-2010, 05:48 AM   #37
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default Hey Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by raffaelli View Post
Hey Mario, everything good?
Yea...all good! Just moving on...Racing at Bills is all but dead(1 sunday a month...no one showing up). I'm also in the middle of,finally,building my recording studio.So....No time,converting funds etc.All the stuff is great,got some bodies too.lol.Just dont want it to go to waste.Hows by you...Hows the "real car" racing going? Hope all is well.M
lotus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 02:40 AM   #38
Tech Fanatic

racing was good Saturday night, we had a new driver in 18r class.Raced F1's for the first time, Randy's HPI looked pretty good on the soft Bridgestone tires. I'll have my HPI ready on the soft Bridgestone tires for this coming Saturday. Really hopeful to see a few more new faces this coming Saturday.
Old 01-18-2010, 03:22 AM   #39
Tech Fanatic

Racing was good again on Saturday night, had more racers this week...F1 was a blast. My HPI F10 is much better on the soft Bridgestone tires...but it's still a 4 cell car. Honestly, I think it's a mistake to try to set it up any other way. HPI seemingly designed it around a 4 cell battery and their 30 turn motor, and it does work very well in that configuration. Other guys have tried 2 cell lipo in the car with foams, and the weaknesses in the car show up immediately. Broken rims, bent front axles, bent rear hubs, bent rear axles. Maybe outside, on a wide open track on asphalt it might be better, but inside on a tight heavy bordered track, it holds up and handles much better in the 4 cell setup. Nothing wrong with that, it's quick enough for most, and it's very competitive racing in that configuration.
This coming Saturday will be the debut of my 3 racing F-109 in the foam tire class, can't wait to get this on the track.

Oval has had a resurgence on Wednesday nights since the layout change to a tri-oval, had quite a crowd there from what Rich said. Sunday was a lot of fun on the tri-oval with the 1/10th scale cars, and the Losi mini late models were a blast too on this new track. Racing is heating up it seems with 3 other mini late models being built for the coming weeks.
Old 01-21-2010, 06:22 AM   #40
Tech Elite

Hey Fellas,

I am actually going to dust off my stuff and show on Saturday. I will in the GT class. I will bring my F103 but it does not meet the rules since it is fitted with a LMP body.

I have some old X Patterns that were used for either the spec racing in the order building or that spec oval class that I will use in the GT. Is 21.5 the preferred motor or has the silver can been able to hold up?
Old 01-25-2010, 09:32 PM   #41
Tech Elite

Hey Fellas, I had a nice time playing on Saturday night. I am going to try to be there this Saturday, maybe with Ed. Going to bring mt TT01 and either my F103GT or my 18R.
Old 02-12-2010, 07:55 AM   #42
Tech Elite

I had a great time drigint eh TT01 a couple weeks back. Been trying to get there but Saturday nights are tough for me till mid march.
Old 02-26-2010, 01:38 PM   #43
Tech Fanatic

just noticed that there were 780 views of this thread...amazing that only 3 people (including myself) thought to post in it. I'm curious to know if there are any specific causes for this. i know our layout is small, but the racing is still fast and competitive. it's actually a good size for the F1, and surprisingly, the 1/10th scale gt class is also very popular, just wondering why nobody seemed interested enuf to even ask a question. racing is cheap, $10.00 for the night even if you run in all 4 classes ( F1,1/10th scale gt sedan, hpi cup racer, or 1/18th scale ((associated 18r)) ). we're still getting a small showing almost every week, but would love for some new racers to come down and give it a shot...it's a fun evening. we will be running this coming saturday night, racing starts at 7:00pm.
Old 03-15-2010, 06:01 AM   #44
Tech Elite

que pasa?
Old 04-27-2010, 06:49 AM   #45
Tech Elite

I hear that Rampage is working on an indoor on road facility?