Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEW Track in CT...Now Open....

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 07:03 PM
Suspended

Default NEW Track in CT...Now Open....

I Will be holding indoor races in Fairfield CT, at 2 different locations for the X-mods, Mini Z's, and the Micro- T's,

I also will be hosting races for the Mini-T's and all 1/18th scale R/C cars.

Here are some pics of the 1/18th scale track, it's going to be on Turf so there won't be any mess.

The track is a total of 30 feet wide by 42 feet long, with 4ft lanes for straight runs and 5 ft lanes for some hard turning and passing.

This track is located at 176 Linwood Ave, Fairfield, CT 06824
(203)-545-1650 Rich

It's located in a United Indoor Soccer, There is a larger track outside, mainly for larger 1/10th and 1/8th scale electric and nitro vehicles.
The racing is every friday night from 7pm to 9pm, with a entry fee of $8 dollars. There refreshments there and food, with two bathrooms for male and female, tables and chairs will be provided along with power and power strips for your chargers. I'm hoping everything starts to pick up, because i soon want to have big races there and with prizes to be won along with trophies and picture takened and hung up on the winning board in hobbytown usa in fairfield.

If it starts to get big, I will shoot for a longer time to run the cars and try to get more days nights and weekends to have races. I'm looking for your support in this, and everyone is looking for a place to race in Ct.

Also I will be holing races at Hobbytown USA for the Micro-T, Mini-Z, and Xmods with our indoor track. Once I have more info on the indoor track at HobbyTown I'll post it here.

Thanks, and hopefully there will be alot of people there this friday night, Please if your going to come please give me a call and let me know so i can put it down in my book. Thanks again for your support...

Rich
Old 03-10-2008, 11:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

Hi this looks great! Tell me more about the 1/10 scale outdoor track! Is it assphalt? Do you run touring cars? How often do you race. Entry fee?
Old 03-11-2008, 07:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Rich that sounds great I work in fairfield and race in rockyhill at a great track, I will have to find your place, If your ever in S&S at the circle stop in and ask for me Rother Eldridge .
Old 03-20-2008, 05:03 PM
Suspended

The 1/10th outdoor track is great Ill have to grab picks of it and post them here for you guys to see. The track outside is large enough to run the 1/8th and 1/5th scale cars....its not asphalt its a very low cut astro turf......Its more for the off-road scene, but i think that its low enough to run a on-road car. I haven't tried it yet but I will and let you know.....

Thanks NewEra...yeh man you should swing by, the track is great been getting alot of guys showing up and racing.. I've been practicing for the nationals at RcMadness....you going ?
Old 03-22-2008, 09:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I never been to madness, I have to go there sometime to see how it is , some of the guys I run with go there for some of his races, I will have to stop by your track sometime next week. I also custom paint cars, truck and buggy bodies.see ya soon.
era1FX
Old 04-07-2008, 06:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Sweet now an outdoor track too in Fairfield, CT? Is this the one for the HobbyTownUSA? Pictures? So being the track is astro turf and not asphalt then what tires you recommend for it?
Old 04-23-2008, 06:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

All we need is a legit 1/10th / 18th outdoor nitro track for sedans so we can have real races locally.
Old 10-20-2009, 07:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Is this track still open? I'd like to check it out.
Old 10-20-2009, 08:03 AM
Tech Elite

I believe that was Rich Febus who currently races at our track.
Old 10-20-2009, 08:15 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCHR
I believe that was Rich Febus who currently races at our track.
Yeh, this was something I spent a bunch of money on to get going, But it didnt last long with no one really showing.. It was costing me more to rent the space for the 3 hours. So I scrapped it once I heard that there was a Indoor Off-Road track in Waterbury... RCHR.... Thats why when I got there Mark, I had my 18t in my hand to run...LOL... But yeh It was nice, every friday I would be there running my 18T with Ralph, and Ronny...

Who knows maybe one day in the future I'll try it again, with a larger location... Always been one of my dreams to own my own track....
Old 10-20-2009, 08:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Do you still have the pipe and corner dots? If so maybe we can set up a track in RCHR's parking lot occasionaly on sunday next summer. That is if it's ok with Mark, John and Mike F. We can run some 21.5 rubber sedan. Maybe along the lines of VTA or RCGT?
Old 10-20-2009, 10:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tazz888
Do you still have the pipe and corner dots? If so maybe we can set up a track in RCHR's parking lot occasionaly on sunday next summer. That is if it's ok with Mark, John and Mike F. We can run some 21.5 rubber sedan. Maybe along the lines of VTA or RCGT?
I'm in.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tazz888
I'm def in for that, but the piping and the dots I sold to a friend of mine.... Sorry... maybe we can put something together on this Ron....

Lmk Pm me...