R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 04-01-2002, 03:39 PM   #16
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Update for NYC area racers:

Bruckner's indoor season is over, but South Shore Hobbies and Raceway in Patchogue continues their Friday Night and Sunday carpet racing. Friday night is stock TC, 1/12, and Micros, Sunday is Mod TC and 1/12.

The big news is that American Raceway in Englishtown, NJ opens their outdoor season this coming weekend. Outdoor oval Friday night and Touring Cars on Saturday night. There will be an all-day swap meet at American Raceway this Saturday (April 6) followed by racing starting at 6:30 PM. I've already glued up my first set of rubber tires for the season, and I can't wait!

Trips
Old 06-05-2002, 04:30 AM   #17
Tech Rookie

Default South Shore's new track (it's huge)

Hey Trips you have to come back to the new location and check it out. You ain't never seen nothing like it. Friday was awesome..
gaelic71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2002, 08:50 PM   #18
Tech Elite

I know, I wanted to be there for the opener, but I couldn't swing it. I expect to be out this Friday though... I can't wait to see the new place.

Trips
Old 06-08-2002, 10:47 PM   #19
Tech Elite

For anyone in the NY area, you really want to check out the new South Shore Hobbies track in Coram, NY.

I went there Friday night jsut to have a look, and it's without a doubt the absolute nicest carpet track I've ever seen, and I've been racing carpet since 1979. The people who put this facility together did a first rate job. I can't wait to race there next Friday.

http://www.southshorehobby.com

TRips
Old 06-09-2002, 07:32 AM   #20
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via ICQ to SpeedyTC3 Send a message via AIM to SpeedyTC3 Send a message via MSN to SpeedyTC3 Send a message via Yahoo to SpeedyTC3

Okay, here's the latest on the South Shore Hobby and Raceway scene. For those who don't know who I am, I am the race director for SSH&R.
The indoor on-road carpet track is up and running. Picture this, 106.5ft X 48.5ft. Even the hottest modified sedans are taking about 3 to 3 1/2 seconds to get down the looooong straight.

The off-road track is currently being built by a very good friend of ours Mr. Nick Vitrano. The tentative opening date for the off-road track is mid-july. The approximate track size will be 115ft X 70ft. Not too bad huh?

We are currently negotiating to have an outdoor on-road asphalt track built. There is no date and no track measurements yet but I'll tell you this much, we will be running 1/8th scale on this track also. So use your imagination.

Last Sunday we had some of the locals down at the track running time trials, and I'll tell, they are fassssssst!!!! With the likes of Bill Hamlin, Warren Weaver, Andy Limjoco and Royce Berrio running modified sedan.

Last night though, stock sedan was the class to be in. We had alot of stock entries and the competion was very, very fierce. Yall need to come on down and give this track a try.

For all information and race schedules, please see our website at http://www.southshorehobby.com
It's full of information!!!! Hope to see some of you there.

Last edited by SpeedyTC3; 08-08-2002 at 02:21 AM.
SpeedyTC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2003, 03:43 PM   #21
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via ICQ to SpeedyTC3 Send a message via AIM to SpeedyTC3 Send a message via MSN to SpeedyTC3 Send a message via Yahoo to SpeedyTC3

If anyone is still interested in Carpet On-Road racing in the New York Area, South Shore Hobby & Raceway is hosting the Annual 2003 Snowflake Challenge on January 19th, 2003.
All classes will be offered, Touring Stock, Touring, Mod, 1/12 Stock, 1/12 Mod and Micro Class. The Micro class is an open class. Race what you have. These things are alot of fun and some of my guys have them going as fast as a stock 1/12 scale. If you feel you have what it takes, then pre-sign up for this event. It is proving to be the best trophy race yet.
Pre-pay is not necessary but we do encourage pre-sign up. Visit the website for more information.
Here is the link to the race page:

http://www.southshorehobby.com/race_...e0103_info.htm

I hope to see some of you there. Come on down to race.
Old 01-07-2003, 03:44 PM   #22
Tech Apprentice

Here's a link to some pics if anyone of you are in doubt. Enjoy!

http://www.southshorehobby.com/race_events/clubrace.htm
Old 08-22-2009, 08:53 PM   #23
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to SIRCC
Default staten island remote control car club

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinDollar View Post
Where do the r/c fans race out in the big city????
we got a big race tomorrow
www.sirclegion.com