R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-17-2011, 05:49 PM   #976
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 480
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapster v2 View Post
Hey guys, sorry I'm not at the track right now, I just got home from work! It was a long day. I did however have a mid day cheer up, Doug called me around lunch time and he told me my stuff should be in on Friday so I should be able to race! I plan on going straight from work to the track and hopefully having my car ready to race. I don't know how much practice I will get in, but either way, I should be racing!

What I'll need to do (in about 2 hours) is:
-Mount and wire ESC and motor
-Glue Tires (I have some to run, I just ordered a couple of sets for future use.)
-Rebuild diff
-Rebuild shocks
-Charge battery

I plan on bringing the car in a somewhat disassembled state to allow myself the most time! I'm looking forward to it. If anyone knows the best way to get to the track from Williamsport, can you send me a google maps link with a good route? My GPS took me to a location in downtown Wellsboro on Monday. I will get off work around 5 and hope to be there around 6. I will try to go in to work early and get some stuff done so I can leave earlier. Thanks for everything guys!

Steve
there is a short cut that saves about 10-15 minutes. i just dont remember doug knows the short cut.
__________________
Air Support for Team CPAURL
Team Powers
CKHobby.com
byohnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 06:48 PM   #977
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 54
Default Broke

Quote:
Originally Posted by byohnd View Post
there is a short cut that saves about 10-15 minutes. i just dont remember doug knows the short cut.
Don I need some money I am flat broke now. Please help I need gas and cig money
Misfit pres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 02:51 AM   #978
Tech Champion
 
morris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: jersey shore pa
Posts: 5,564
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapster v2 View Post
Hey guys, sorry I'm not at the track right now, I just got home from work! It was a long day. I did however have a mid day cheer up, Doug called me around lunch time and he told me my stuff should be in on Friday so I should be able to race! I plan on going straight from work to the track and hopefully having my car ready to race. I don't know how much practice I will get in, but either way, I should be racing!

What I'll need to do (in about 2 hours) is:
-Mount and wire ESC and motor
-Glue Tires (I have some to run, I just ordered a couple of sets for future use.)
-Rebuild diff
-Rebuild shocks
-Charge battery

I plan on bringing the car in a somewhat disassembled state to allow myself the most time! I'm looking forward to it. If anyone knows the best way to get to the track from Williamsport, can you send me a google maps link with a good route? My GPS took me to a location in downtown Wellsboro on Monday. I will get off work around 5 and hope to be there around 6. I will try to go in to work early and get some stuff done so I can leave earlier. Thanks for everything guys!

Steve
Steve,
I can help you out in anyway that I can.like I could mount the esc n motor for you while you did the shocks n diff.
Or anything I can do to help you out.
__________________
AE/VIPER/XPERT/DIRTCHEAPRC.COM/JCONCEPTS
A big thx to all the tracks that I race at:cause if it wasnt for these guys..we wouldnt have a place to race our r/c cars!!!
morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 08:06 AM   #979
Tech Adept
 
Singers Hobbies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Wellsboro, Pa.
Posts: 237
Default THUMPTOWN RC RACEWAY

Hey Everyone,

I just talked to Dave and he is going to bring 3 of the Halogen work lights and some extension cords to help light up the pit area. The big generator lights have outlets on them also so we can plug the halogens into them.

We will have food and drinks available.

Tomorrow night is going to be awesome!!!!!! Can't wait!!!!!!


Doug
__________________
~www.singershobbies.com~
~Thumptown RC Raceway Wellsboro, Pa~
~Byron Originals Fuel~
Singers Hobbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 11:03 AM   #980
Tech Champion
 
morris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: jersey shore pa
Posts: 5,564
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singers Hobbies View Post
Hey Everyone,

I just talked to Dave and he is going to bring 3 of the Halogen work lights and some extension cords to help light up the pit area. The big generator lights have outlets on them also so we can plug the halogens into them.

We will have food and drinks available.

Tomorrow night is going to be awesome!!!!!! Can't wait!!!!!!


Doug
whats the weather looking like for there tomorrow...my phone says isolated thunder storms...
lmk n thx
__________________
AE/VIPER/XPERT/DIRTCHEAPRC.COM/JCONCEPTS
A big thx to all the tracks that I race at:cause if it wasnt for these guys..we wouldnt have a place to race our r/c cars!!!
morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 02:35 PM   #981
Tech Adept
 
Singers Hobbies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Wellsboro, Pa.
Posts: 237
Default THUMPTOWN RC RACEWAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by morris View Post
whats the weather looking like for there tomorrow...my phone says isolated thunder storms...
lmk n thx
Hey Matt,

Yeah they are calling for a few isolated showers during the day but tomorrow night is looking good so far.

We could actually use a little rain during the day.

I got the track all cleaned off today so it is ready for tomorrow.

Doug
__________________
~www.singershobbies.com~
~Thumptown RC Raceway Wellsboro, Pa~
~Byron Originals Fuel~
Singers Hobbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 02:37 PM   #982
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: South Boston, VA
Posts: 803
Trader Rating: 99 (99%+)
Default

just got me some husky work lights for outside and some little stick on ones for the lil yellow pot!
__________________
RC8.2e - B5M - B44.3
isarctard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 04:28 PM   #983
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Williamsport, PA
Posts: 173
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

a sneak peek of whats in store for the 2wd buggy!
Attached Thumbnails
~~Thumptown RC~~Singers Hobbies~~ Wellsboro,PA-wheels.jpg  
aclark092 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 04:30 PM   #984
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: South Boston, VA
Posts: 803
Trader Rating: 99 (99%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aclark092 View Post
a sneak peek of whats in store for the 2wd buggy!
whew, no purple.
__________________
RC8.2e - B5M - B44.3
isarctard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 05:31 PM   #985
Tech Adept
 
gmplus3's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 132
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

GOOD IDEA FOR THE STICK ON LIGHTS FOR THE YELLOW POT!!!
__________________
Brian
SSC slash 4x4, FT SC10, CC, viper rc solutions, Turnigy lipos
"It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission."

The Compound R/C Raceway Athens PA
gmplus3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 04:17 AM   #986
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 480
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aclark092 View Post
a sneak peek of whats in store for the 2wd buggy!
matt francis edition b4 ? not sure what rubber you are using, but if its jconcepts, they are a bit tricker to put on AE brand wheels. the beed is wider than the wheel will take.
__________________
Air Support for Team CPAURL
Team Powers
CKHobby.com
byohnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 04:18 AM   #987
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 480
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

on a side note, i wont be able to make the race tonight on call for work...
__________________
Air Support for Team CPAURL
Team Powers
CKHobby.com
byohnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 06:40 AM   #988
Tech Adept
 
Singers Hobbies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Wellsboro, Pa.
Posts: 237
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by byohnd View Post
on a side note, i wont be able to make the race tonight on call for work...
That sucks.
__________________
~www.singershobbies.com~
~Thumptown RC Raceway Wellsboro, Pa~
~Byron Originals Fuel~
Singers Hobbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 06:44 AM   #989
Tech Master
 
Nighthawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Cogan Station, PA.
Posts: 1,859
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default +1

Quote:
Originally Posted by byohnd View Post
on a side note, i wont be able to make the race tonight on call for work...
Same here
__________________
WWW.TMRLARGESCALE.COM
Threshold Racing
WWW.RICHFIELDRACEWAY.COM
LCRC "the best offroad on the eastcoast."
Nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 06:50 AM   #990
Tech Adept
 
Singers Hobbies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Wellsboro, Pa.
Posts: 237
Default THUMPTOWN RC RACEWAY

Its Race Nite!!!!!! At Singers Hobbies and Thumptown RC Raceway!!!!
Come join us and race under the lights!!!
Should be an awesome time!!!!
Food and Drinks will be available.
Hope to see you all here!!!!!!


Electric classes only 1/10 4wd sct, 2wd sct and 2wd buggy
Race time starts around 8:00pm
Fees are $10.00 Members and $15.00 Non-Members unlimited classes
__________________
~www.singershobbies.com~
~Thumptown RC Raceway Wellsboro, Pa~
~Byron Originals Fuel~
Singers Hobbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:39 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net