R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-09-2009, 05:03 PM   #166
Tech Fanatic
 
mgtmadness2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bath, NY
Posts: 945
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

This looks like a good place to run. just over an hour away. I am in Bath, NY
__________________
George White
Bath, NY
Team Terribles!
Race Vehicles-SC8 w/ GRP .28 Tuned,RC8T FT-Reedy VR 121 .21, 2035 pipe, RC8B-Reedy .21
http://www.jerrysrcraceway.com/
mgtmadness2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 04:11 PM   #167
Tech Elite
 
Gearhead racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Somewhere in PA
Posts: 2,020
Default

Here's the video of the track.
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
__________________
"Seeing the world on 2 wheels"
Losi Ten-T SCTE~Tekin SC4X 4.5~ Tekin RX8
Gearhead racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 10:54 AM   #168
Tech Fanatic
 
mgtmadness2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bath, NY
Posts: 945
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Cool

hmm, looks like I will have to finally invest in a pair of glasses.
__________________
George White
Bath, NY
Team Terribles!
Race Vehicles-SC8 w/ GRP .28 Tuned,RC8T FT-Reedy VR 121 .21, 2035 pipe, RC8B-Reedy .21
http://www.jerrysrcraceway.com/
mgtmadness2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 07:52 PM   #169
Tech Elite
 
hambone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bloomsburg, Pa.
Posts: 2,436
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

How bout you guys coming down to lost creek and racing with us this sat and we will do the same with you guys next season when your drivers stand is up and the racing is on? Very challenging track and a nice facility. The video you guys have is cool. Kevin put some recent pics of LCRC up on their track thread. Hope you guys can make it as i look forward to racing with ya. Rob Hamm
__________________
Rob Hamm
The Nitro Shop
Bones Motorsports
Answer-RC/TLR/Futaba
Snow Monkey Racing
hambone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 09:05 PM   #170
Tech Elite
 
Gearhead racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Somewhere in PA
Posts: 2,020
Default

Bob im taging along with Issac this sunday to do some racing, not sure where everyone is flocking to yet. Mite see ya some where
__________________
"Seeing the world on 2 wheels"
Losi Ten-T SCTE~Tekin SC4X 4.5~ Tekin RX8
Gearhead racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 09:24 PM   #171
Tech Master
 
Nighthawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Cogan Station, PA.
Posts: 1,859
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default yeah

Quote:
Originally Posted by hambone View Post
How bout you guys coming down to lost creek and racing with us this sat and we will do the same with you guys next season when your drivers stand is up and the racing is on? Very challenging track and a nice facility. The video you guys have is cool. Kevin put some recent pics of LCRC up on their track thread. Hope you guys can make it as i look forward to racing with ya. Rob Hamm
yeah, what he said! and

tyler, it's "RROOOBBBB" not Bob lol i keep telling you that...

thinking of pulling a triple header myself,, friday night at club richfield, saturday at lcrc, then sunday,,, whereever the flow goes
__________________
WWW.TMRLARGESCALE.COM
Threshold Racing
WWW.RICHFIELDRACEWAY.COM
LCRC "the best offroad on the eastcoast."
Nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 09:32 PM   #172
Tech Elite
 
Gearhead racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Somewhere in PA
Posts: 2,020
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk View Post
yeah, what he said! and

tyler, it's "RROOOBBBB" not Bob lol i keep telling you that...

thinking of pulling a triple header myself,, friday night at club richfield, saturday at lcrc, then sunday,,, whereever the flow goes
Sorry RRROOOBBBB.....
I need to go to bed!!
__________________
"Seeing the world on 2 wheels"
Losi Ten-T SCTE~Tekin SC4X 4.5~ Tekin RX8
Gearhead racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 07:15 PM   #173
Tech Elite
 
Gearhead racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Somewhere in PA
Posts: 2,020
Cool Update!

Alright guys little update.
Doug,Adam and i have been going over whats happening for this year.

~As soon as the winter weather breaks, we will be starting the driver stand. Its looking to be roughly 8-9 ft tall to the base of your feet ,12-13ft to the railing and about 35ft long(mite change once i figure something out). We are not sure if it will be metal or wood as of rite now.

~We will have a counting system in place when the track is finish. Looking to pickup a AMB system at the moment.

~ I will be redesigning the track to gear it more towards the racer. If there's something you guys like or would like to see, shoot me a pm. I'm open to suggestions .

~Doug is looking to start a RC club for the track. We are planing on having a meeting within a few weeks for anyone interested. As of rite now we are not sure of a membership cost and a few other details. We are hoping this will be work out in the meeting.

~ Doug called me on Monday to inform me that he will be carrying Byron's Gen 2 Fuel for this years race season. Looking roughly around $26-$27 a gallon. He's looking at a Feb- March time frame for the fuel to be in.

~He also informed me he has some Cold Fusion Majic Formula 33% Fuel left for $25 a gallon. CF fans get it while he still has some left!!! He will not be carrying it after its gone!

~Doug and i will be talking to some of there other track owners soon about getting a mini series setup for this year. Details will be coming in the near future.
Thanks guys, Ill keep you posted with any other details or updates. If you have any questions, feel free to pm me or give Doug a call at 570-724-6761 or email him at [email protected].


Singers Hobbies
87 Main Street (Rear)
Wellsboro, Pa. 16901
Phone# 570-724-6761
Email: [email protected]
www.singershobbies.com

Thanks guys,

Tyler
__________________
"Seeing the world on 2 wheels"
Losi Ten-T SCTE~Tekin SC4X 4.5~ Tekin RX8
Gearhead racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:45 PM   #174
Tech Master
 
jbright33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: shamokin pa
Posts: 1,348
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jbright33
Default

looks like the track is more top end motor. maybe put in some high flying jumps and tech. sections? also do you have any watering system for the track? im sure il be getting up there this year with rob and a couple of other guys from hhq. also when you do the drivers stand id make sure you put in a nice pitt lane below the drivers stand that is safe and easy or alot of racers wount wanna come back seen it alot at other tracks.
__________________
JESSE BRIGHT
jbright33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 05:09 PM   #175
Tech Master
 
Nighthawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Cogan Station, PA.
Posts: 1,859
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default 10-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbright33 View Post
looks like the track is more top end motor. maybe put in some high flying jumps and tech. sections? also do you have any watering system for the track? im sure il be getting up there this year with rob and a couple of other guys from hhq. also when you do the drivers stand id make sure you put in a nice pitt lane below the drivers stand that is safe and easy or alot of racers wount wanna come back seen it alot at other tracks.
track is huge,, deffinity will be a blast with some big smooth hang the laundry out to dry hang time jumps!!
__________________
WWW.TMRLARGESCALE.COM
Threshold Racing
WWW.RICHFIELDRACEWAY.COM
LCRC "the best offroad on the eastcoast."
Nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 06:30 PM   #176
Tech Elite
 
Gearhead racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Somewhere in PA
Posts: 2,020
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbright33 View Post
looks like the track is more top end motor. maybe put in some high flying jumps and tech. sections? also do you have any watering system for the track? im sure il be getting up there this year with rob and a couple of other guys from hhq. also when you do the drivers stand id make sure you put in a nice pitt lane below the drivers stand that is safe and easy or alot of racers wount wanna come back seen it alot at other tracks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk View Post
track is huge,, deffinity will be a blast with some big smooth hang the laundry out to dry hang time jumps!!
Well ive been throwing around some ideas but i will be taking the far laneout and adding more to it. We mite have someing simlar to richfield far as wall ride
__________________
"Seeing the world on 2 wheels"
Losi Ten-T SCTE~Tekin SC4X 4.5~ Tekin RX8
Gearhead racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 07:13 PM   #177
Tech Elite
 
Gearhead racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Somewhere in PA
Posts: 2,020
Default UPDATE!

Little update guys!

Well to start off we have our amb counting system now. We will be get that around and Rob Wike is being gracious enough to help outwith that. We also now have our own tractor, so we're able to maintain the track better and do the much needed changes. Also this coming Saturday the 13th at 5:00 we are having a Rc Club meeting at the hobby shop. We will be discussing what the members would like to see and what they want from us as a track. Its opened to all that want to join and if you can not make it,feel free to give Doug a call at the hobby shop.

Singers Hobbies & Crafts
87 Main Street (Rear)
Wellsboro, PA. 16901
Phone: 570.724.6761
Email: [email protected]

Tyler
__________________
"Seeing the world on 2 wheels"
Losi Ten-T SCTE~Tekin SC4X 4.5~ Tekin RX8
Gearhead racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 04:35 AM   #178
Tech Champion
 
morris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: jersey shore pa
Posts: 5,564
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead racer View Post
Little update guys!

Well to start off we have our amb counting system now. We will be get that around and Rob Wike is being gracious enough to help outwith that. We also now have our own tractor, so we're able to maintain the track better and do the much needed changes. Also this coming Saturday the 13th at 5:00 we are having a Rc Club meeting at the hobby shop. We will be discussing what the members would like to see and what they want from us as a track. Its opened to all that want to join and if you can not make it,feel free to give Doug a call at the hobby shop.

Singers Hobbies & Crafts
87 Main Street (Rear)
Wellsboro, PA. 16901
Phone: 570.724.6761
Email: [email protected]

Tyler
tyler,
i was about to get on hee and say the samething you just did.looks like you got it all token care of man.i was talking with doug on the phone last night and he was telling me so many plans.he really sounds stoked to get this track going for 2010.and with all the other good tracks around its going to be tough to want to hit them all up in one weekend...lol
__________________
AE/VIPER/XPERT/DIRTCHEAPRC.COM/JCONCEPTS
A big thx to all the tracks that I race at:cause if it wasnt for these guys..we wouldnt have a place to race our r/c cars!!!
morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 03:19 PM   #179
Tech Master
 
Nighthawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Cogan Station, PA.
Posts: 1,859
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default intell

Quote:
Originally Posted by morris View Post
tyler,
i was about to get on hee and say the samething you just did.looks like you got it all token care of man.i was talking with doug on the phone last night and he was telling me so many plans.he really sounds stoked to get this track going for 2010.and with all the other good tracks around its going to be tough to want to hit them all up in one weekend...lol
Which is why we need to get working on a series NOW lol before spring.


from what i've "heard" the c.p.a.u.r.l. is apparently in the proccess of putting together a 2010 "hitlist", the "hitlist" is said to include some type of actuly schedule, along with it's well know "random assaulting" on tracks within 4 states (Pa. NY.DE.OH) thats right,, OH. is said to be on that hit list, rumor has it that they are currently running survalance on the northern PA. area and are planning a probable hit on the new track
__________________
WWW.TMRLARGESCALE.COM
Threshold Racing
WWW.RICHFIELDRACEWAY.COM
LCRC "the best offroad on the eastcoast."
Nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 05:48 PM   #180
Tech Fanatic
 
robwike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 753
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

On behalf of myself and everyone at the Altoona Raceway. We wish Doug Get Well wishes and a speedy recovery.

If you guys need anything, please let us know.
__________________
Altoonaraceway.net - Central PA's Finest in R/C Offroad racing !
robwike is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:07 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net