Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum
~~Thumptown RC~~Singers Hobbies~~ Wellsboro,PA >

~~Thumptown RC~~Singers Hobbies~~ Wellsboro,PA

~~Thumptown RC~~Singers Hobbies~~ Wellsboro,PA

Old 07-20-2010, 06:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Everyone check out this thread. It's a track outside Ithaca, NY (approx. 1.5 hour drive from Wellsboro). If anything, we could possibly organize a weekend to their track and I'm sure they would return the favor. Who knows, maybe something more organized could come about between us in the future.
Old 07-20-2010, 03:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by hoovdog
Everyone check out this thread. It's a track outside Ithaca, NY (approx. 1.5 hour drive from Wellsboro). If anything, we could possibly organize a weekend to their track and I'm sure they would return the favor. Who knows, maybe something more organized could come about between us in the future.

I was also hoping we can organize a trip up to their track within the next couple weeks. I've been itching to do some traveling to race.
Old 07-20-2010, 04:20 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gearhead racer
I was also hoping we can organize a trip up to their track within the next couple weeks. I've been itching to do some traveling to race.
That sounds like a great idea!!!!
Old 07-20-2010, 04:32 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Racing still on for tomorrow night, weather permitting?

Doug, if the weather holds out, I'd really appreciate it if you could bring along some shock bladders and the aluminum caps. I will try to remember to give you a call tomorrow. Thanks.
Old 07-21-2010, 06:05 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Gearhead racer
I gave Jerry a call yesterday afternoon and have a few bits of information. I think Len covered some of this in their thread but here it goes:

They use an AMB system but they do not have house transponders. I have talked to Doug about this and I believe we could arrange something for members who do not own personals.

They typically run 8th scale buggy and truggy with little SC showing. That's ok because they are more than willing to accommodate the class. Jerry claimed some of their jumps are too much for SC but ours are too so no worries. I believe we've all seen the track images and I don't see any concern with running SC.

They do not have electric but there is a generator on hand if needed. Once again, sounds familiar and we can manage.

Sunday is their race day as well. General schedule is 10-1 for setup/practice and racing immediately follows. I forgot to ask about costs but I hope Len can fill in the information gaps. We also can talk to him this Sunday as he and another are visiting our track. He may even have a few others tag along.
Old 07-21-2010, 07:25 AM
Tech Initiate

This is the same track I was talking to Tyler about last year.

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...draceway2&aq=f
Old 07-21-2010, 07:47 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by klew22k

I do believe so.
Old 07-21-2010, 08:26 AM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up

Very cool guys. Count me in for a trip up there as well.

I just wanted to say I had another great weekend at Thumptown. I was glad I got to help with some of the track work on Saturday and I think the racing on Sunday was some of the best yet. Tyler and I had a good "rivalry" going that started with a theatrical crash in practice, followed with hard raced heats and then finished up with a very close main where he just managed to grab 2nd place from me.

I also gave a couple of guys a chance to run my truck after the main. If anyone else would like to try it out, let me know- I'll be more than glad to let you run a tank through it.

Unforunately, I will be at a wedding in Johnstown this weekend and won't be able to race but I will definitely see you guys on 8/1.
Old 07-21-2010, 09:28 AM
Tech Initiate

Wasn't really a question. Tyler and I were texting and I saw it and emailed the video list to him. And that was like a year ago.

Last edited by klew22k; 07-21-2010 at 09:29 AM. Reason: Brain was faster than the fingers
Old 07-21-2010, 09:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Scott E30
Very cool guys. Count me in for a trip up there as well.

I just wanted to say I had another great weekend at Thumptown. I was glad I got to help with some of the track work on Saturday and I think the racing on Sunday was some of the best yet. Tyler and I had a good "rivalry" going that started with a theatrical crash in practice, followed with hard raced heats and then finished up with a very close main where he just managed to grab 2nd place from me.
I think the main word here is heat. I can say I was officially done with the weekend after the race. 2 days in that 90 degree business was enough for me.

I was listening to Doug calling out positions and could tell it was close. Kinda wish I wasn't racing and could have watched it. In regards to the race, I have to say you have improved greatly in the past few weeks and even drove well in the horrible conditions we were up against.

See you in a couple weeks!
Old 07-21-2010, 09:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

Wasn't really a question. Tyler and I were texting and I saw it and emailed the video list to him. And that was like a year ago.
So we can thank you guys for not mentioning or looking into it.

The videos are super old and don't match the layout images Len had sent out. Thanks Len for the current images BTW. Hopefully that crew can get some updated videos online for the rest of us to see.
Old 07-21-2010, 11:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hoovdog
So we can thank you guys for not mentioning or looking into it.

The videos are super old and don't match the layout images Len had sent out. Thanks Len for the current images BTW. Hopefully that crew can get some updated videos online for the rest of us to see.

Yeah, the videos on YOUTUBE are way out of date. They totally revamped the track. It doesnt have the huge backstretch anymore. It really is a nice track. Worth a visit. Hoepfully my transponder I ordered will be here soon. Looks like I wont be going up there tonight since the weather is so bad right now. I do plan on calling tonight though and will get the remaining info on prices and such. I dont think SC will have any problems with their jumps, Thumptowns are bigger except for a couple.
Old 07-21-2010, 11:48 AM
Tech Adept

Default THUMPTOWN RC RACEWAY

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to let everyone know that we are cancelling tonites running due to it being so hot and dry.

If anyone still wants to run there is no charge for tonite.

There won't be any lap counting tonite either.

I hope we get rain soon. The track is in really rough shape.

Doug
Old 07-21-2010, 02:29 PM
Tech Elite

Hum.... i dont remember that track.
Old 07-21-2010, 03:15 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Well, I guess to a point then I'm glad I can't make it. Worked late and would have put me there well past 7:30. Sunday perhaps.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.