Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum
~~Thumptown RC~~Singers Hobbies~~ Wellsboro,PA >

~~Thumptown RC~~Singers Hobbies~~ Wellsboro,PA

~~Thumptown RC~~Singers Hobbies~~ Wellsboro,PA

Old 07-06-2010, 05:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gmplus3
most of us use our car battery to charge the r/c batteries. do you have a charger other than the one that came with the slash? if not it might be a good idea top get one that has both a/c and d/c hookups so you can charge the batteries at the house or at the track. I have an extra charger and i can try to remember to bring it along if you need it. it will not charge the lipos but i think you said you only had the NiMH batteries anyway.
Heck if it's a NIMH battery i can charge it for you if Brian doesnt bring his charger. Just come out and have fun..
Old 07-06-2010, 06:04 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I have the duratrax onyx 230 charger. It's an ac/dc charger. I bought it from Doug a few months back. Are there any issues with running the car batteries dead? That was my only real concern.

This question is for Doug. Do you have any Bow Ties in stock? If so, what do you have for wheels?
Old 07-06-2010, 06:29 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jerkyb2k3
I have the duratrax onyx 230 charger. It's an ac/dc charger. I bought it from Doug a few months back. Are there any issues with running the car batteries dead? That was my only real concern.

This question is for Doug. Do you have any Bow Ties in stock? If so, what do you have for wheels?
No problems running the battery down as of yet. I don't think they draw enough from the vehicle to be too concerned. If all else fails I have jumper cables.
Old 07-06-2010, 06:32 PM
Tech Adept

Well it all sounds painless enough. Guess I'll see you guys at the track then!
Old 07-07-2010, 06:12 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Unless your car battery is weak you won't have concern of draining your battery. Even if that's an issue, I always have my chargers with me and Doug would fire up the generator if need be.

Doug has a pretty good selection of wheels/tires now and bow-ties were one of them (m3 compound). I know he has some Proline split six wheels (black) in stock.
Old 07-07-2010, 08:48 AM
Tech Adept

Hey Guys,

I currently have Caliber M2 compound, Caliber M3 compound , JC Concepts Super Soft Green Compound Subcultures in stock.

I have Split Six one piece rims in stock for the tires.

I have a set of mounted Bowties M2 Compound coming in tomorrow.

I currently am out of the Bowtie M3 compound will have more in next week.

Doug
Old 07-07-2010, 05:11 PM
Tech Elite

Doug
I got your message, didnt have time to call you yesterday and you closed before i could call today.
I'll give you a call tomorrow afternoon.

Tyler
Old 07-09-2010, 02:10 PM
Tech Adept

Default THUMPTOWN RC RACEWAY

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick reminder that we will be racing this Sunday 7/11/10.

Hope to see you all there.

Doug
Old 07-10-2010, 05:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

We made some afternoon improvements today. Large jump after the straight has a vastly revamped launch and you can see general flight path of a Slash 4x4. Friendly to any vehicle I can guarantee! Some other track sections were smoothed out and generally improved.

EDIT: Also a quick vid from my cell showing the new jump face in action. I think you may see some take a shot at clearing this entire jump. Get the cameras ready. LOL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhYQz4_p5fM
Attached Thumbnails ~~Thumptown RC~~Singers Hobbies~~ Wellsboro,PA-imag0015.jpg   ~~Thumptown RC~~Singers Hobbies~~ Wellsboro,PA-imag0018.jpg   ~~Thumptown RC~~Singers Hobbies~~ Wellsboro,PA-imag0020.jpg  

Last edited by hoovdog; 07-10-2010 at 05:13 PM.
Old 07-11-2010, 05:36 AM
Tech Adept

RACE DAY TODAY!!!!

Hi Everyone,

Just a reminder we are racing today

Can't wait, Hope to see you all there!!!!!

Len, I have your plugs for you.

Doug
Old 07-11-2010, 06:27 PM
Tech Adept

Just sending out a big thanks to everyone for a very enjoyable experience today. I had a blast! Thank you to everyone who marshalled today, I think every one of you had to flip my truck over a least once

Doug, how much does it cost to rent a truck? I have a friend who is interested in trying out shortcourse, but he's never driven a real r/c vehicle. I will let him bash mine around before hand, but if racing is still on for wednesday (what time? same price to race as today?) He will probably want to come along and try it out. Let me know either by PM, email or just reply here.
Old 07-11-2010, 07:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

Just sending out a big thanks to everyone for a very enjoyable experience today. I had a blast!
Glad you enjoyed it and hope to see you up there again. Very nice turnout and keeps growing.

Wednesdays will be happening but we are not going to necessarily call them races. It's more of an open night. Bring anything to practice, tune, hangout, or if we feel like running some heats then we will. We also want to make sure people know it's NOT only for short course. Price will be less than normal race days...I believe $5 was mentioned but don't hold me to that. I'm sure Doug will post details regarding this soon.
Old 07-12-2010, 05:40 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Talking

[QUOTE=jerkyb2k3;7656921]Just sending out a big thanks to everyone for a very enjoyable experience today. I had a blast! Thank you to everyone who marshalled today, I think every one of you had to flip my truck over a least once

Great to see all of you this weekend. Very good turn out with some new faces. Glad you had a good time and hope to see you more often. The slash main was a lot of fun and real close towards the end. Helen, we are sure you have some great pics for us. Can't wait to see them!!
Old 07-12-2010, 06:10 AM
Tech Rookie

Zach, it was nice to meet you this weekend. I Hope you had a good time and you become a regular like the rest of us junkies

I had a good weekend eventhough my tuning ability (or lack thereof) caused my truck to flameout about 4 times in the main. I'm looking forward to Wednesday night test and tunes; Hopefully I can pair up with one of you more experienced nitro guys so you can help me tune my truck to run well for an entire main.

It was great to see everyone again and I'm glad we had a good turnout.
Old 07-12-2010, 06:53 AM
Tech Adept

Hi Everyone,

Great Race Day yesterday!!!!!!!!!

Thank you!!!!! to everyone who came out and raced yesterday!!!!

We had a great time!!!

Also Thank you to everyone who helped me with maintaining the track yesterday. It was hot and dry and needed swept and watered several times.

It was great to see you all again and was nice to see some new people to!!! (Ed, Zach, Jeremy, Josh) We hope to see all you new guys keep coming. The more we have come the more classes we can run. And more exciting.

Zach it was great to have you there!! Hope to see you become a regular with us.

I rent my truck on race days for $40.00 for the day. That includes entry fee and if you break any parts.

If someone wants to try it on a Wednesday night it would be $25.00

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.