R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 02-06-2010, 06:22 AM   #1306
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)

I just wanted to make sure the track will be open on V-day? I was planning on making it down tomorrow but gotta wait till next sunday. Will the turnout be less since it's not a points race?
Trains and Lanes Racing http://tandlracing.com/
Dunn Raceway Park http://drprc.com
tom2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 06:31 AM   #1307

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

points schmoints....just run! that is unless u'd suffer insurmountable reprisal from the mrs.

how is etters lookin right now. down here at the rent's house we are closin in on 2ft (drifts over 3ft) and at our house 40mi south of that we prolly have more.

R
UltegraSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 06:56 AM   #1308
Tech Addict

almost 2ft here too.. they are saying maybe 10" more before it's done? i like it. but's it's bad for racing.. they haven't touched my hill.
Old 02-06-2010, 07:10 AM   #1309

yeh seriously dan, u'd have a horrible time gettin outta ur place. ur xxx could prolly go further than ur vintage mustang. ever tried an ATV?

R
Old 02-06-2010, 10:29 AM   #1310
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default 4x4 slash

how we looking for a 4x4 turnout tomorrow?

also, i undertand there were one or 2 mod sct's lastweek that couldnt run with us 4x4's?

are they going to be allowed? myself as a 4x4 owner have no problem with it.
LCRC "the best offroad on the eastcoast."
Nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 12:44 PM   #1311
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk View Post
how we looking for a 4x4 turnout tomorrow?

also, i undertand there were one or 2 mod sct's lastweek that couldnt run with us 4x4's?

are they going to be allowed? myself as a 4x4 owner have no problem with it.
If guys show up we are racing. Chris plowed the lot this morning and I was on my way in to work but no racers where showing up do I get a day off.

Ok for Sunday we are racing. We can easily run the 4x4 Slash and any Mod SCTs together as it should be a problem.

This week for the SCTs if you have a brushless 2wd truck it will be run in mod SCT whether its a 17.5 or not. We left a few slide last weekend even though they proved to not be any faster its still the rules and since we have a great rules package we should be following it as we don't want to send out a bad rep for breaking the rules for a few. Its nothing personel just the way the rules are.

I want to test out 17.5 brushless in the Spec class just to see if its ay faster. We had a racer run a big race where they allow pretty much any hopups, any SCT tires and any 17.5 brushless system. He ran a stock Slash with only Bowties rear tires and all stock electronics and he finished 2nd against all the 17.5 SCTs. He said they really where not faster but maybe a tad in topened but lost torque so it was pretty equal. I would like to test this some weekend jus for us all to see what would happen.

Brushless 17.5 is going to be allowed at PitStop this summer series in the stock SCT class so would be nice for us all to know what to expect for those looking to race their this summer.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 12:50 PM   #1312
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

brian,
i am going to come and race tomorrow....well i am going to be there.i dont know if i will be doing any racing.i rebuilt all those shocks on the strike...i let tom use it at richfield last night to find out that they just blew out anyways.so i think i am going to set the truck on the counter tomorrow for sale...good parts truck anyways.i dont really feel like running mod buggy there...not my cup of tee anymore...furthermore i have to go there to get a couple things off some people...so either way i will be there to race/chill....
Old 02-06-2010, 01:12 PM   #1313
wyd
Tech Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by morris View Post
brian,
i am going to come and race tomorrow....well i am going to be there.i dont know if i will be doing any racing.i rebuilt all those shocks on the strike...i let tom use it at richfield last night to find out that they just blew out anyways.so i think i am going to set the truck on the counter tomorrow for sale...good parts truck anyways.i dont really feel like running mod buggy there...not my cup of tee anymore...furthermore i have to go there to get a couple things off some people...so either way i will be there to race/chill....
Let me look at that truck tommorrow. I want to look at the shocks to see if I can see the problem. How much are you looking to sell it for? I might be looking to make a brushless 17.5 version so sooner or later I want to get another Strike. I'm broke like most but I will have a 2nd Strike.
Old 02-06-2010, 02:35 PM   #1314
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just got home
plowed 9 hours today with my mickey mouse plow
clearly not designed for snow deeper than 12"
I have not changed the track around yet
so I might need to borrow some help in the am to get the jumps on the track.
If anyone has a truck and a real plow, and you aren't doing anything with it tomorrow bring it I am sure we can work something out.
I still need to clear the wood chip area.
Thanks
Chris
Old 02-06-2010, 03:28 PM   #1315
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default ,

Chris, do you have a job outside of the track? just wondering, because you seem to put a heck of alot of hours into bumps! 2 nights of practis, 2 days of racing, back to back, track changes ect. ect. Hat's off to you sir!
If i lived closer (2 1/2hrs) i would gladly come and help, wish i could.

looking forward to tomorrow!

I think my wife may actuly be coming, and dusting off the "Pink" slash body for a little spec sct action!

thats right annocer kid dude, can you say "MRS I-ZUK" ?? LOL
LCRC "the best offroad on the eastcoast."
Nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 04:43 PM   #1316
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris mckinney View Post
Just got home
plowed 9 hours today with my mickey mouse plow
clearly not designed for snow deeper than 12"
I have not changed the track around yet
so I might need to borrow some help in the am to get the jumps on the track.
If anyone has a truck and a real plow, and you aren't doing anything with it tomorrow bring it I am sure we can work something out.
I still need to clear the wood chip area.
Thanks
Chris
If I lived closer you wouldn't need to plow...
I have two trucks under contract with a larger Landscaping co. and they started last night at 9pm. and are still out, just got done talking to # 1 son at 7pm. and they are still hitting it hard. I made it home last night from my real job at 11pm and the contractor had an operator fall and get hurt and sent me to a larg site to run his loader. I did that until 2pm. today and went right back to my real job. Can't wait to hit the pillow tonight. We should make it tomorrow, might even be early to help with the change.

Pat.
DialedIn-67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 04:54 PM   #1317

SnowBlower>Snowplow (even on gravel)

Just got rid of 2ft (4ft drifts) over 5hrs on my 100yd curved gravel driveway and the cojoining neighbors and my whole lot for parking. Snowblower is a beautiful thing. Man i remember when i was younger (and stronger) and i'd pick this monster up and throw it in the back of the focus and move to the next job. people couldnt believe that the lil bumblebee could get around in the snow like that. but kumho's, FWD, a stick, and some tq are again beautiful things.

i wanna run 2mrw, hence all that work lol!

R
Old 02-06-2010, 05:53 PM   #1318
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

so if i show up tomorrow with my 17.5 sct truck i am gonna have to race in 4x4 slash or mod truck?

i am not sure i wanna waste my time and everyone in that classes time. Nothing like sticking a truck in a class where it cant possibly compete.
I could see if i was running an illegal brushless system like a castle, however i built my truck to be legal in ROAR SCT classes which i thought would be the standard rules system. I dont expect to be able to race in spec as my truck is not a spec truck. However sticking it in an anything goes run what you brung mod class is really unfair to me and everyone in that class who has to deal with a truck that cant possibly run the same lines at the same speed.

Last edited by ShtLuck; 02-06-2010 at 06:11 PM.
ShtLuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 08:33 PM   #1319
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd View Post
Let me look at that truck tommorrow. I want to look at the shocks to see if I can see the problem. How much are you looking to sell it for? I might be looking to make a brushless 17.5 version so sooner or later I want to get another Strike. I'm broke like most but I will have a 2nd Strike.
brian,
i know im done with it..talked to isaac earlier and he said that all he is seing wrong is a bent shock shaft and a broken ball cup...i would just like to race the truck...not work on it all the time.oh-yea he said it has another broken shock rod end.
make me an offer i cant refuse and its yours my friend.
Old 02-06-2010, 10:54 PM   #1320
wyd
Tech Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShtLuck View Post
so if i show up tomorrow with my 17.5 sct truck i am gonna have to race in 4x4 slash or mod truck?

i am not sure i wanna waste my time and everyone in that classes time. Nothing like sticking a truck in a class where it cant possibly compete.
I could see if i was running an illegal brushless system like a castle, however i built my truck to be legal in ROAR SCT classes which i thought would be the standard rules system. I dont expect to be able to race in spec as my truck is not a spec truck. However sticking it in an anything goes run what you brung mod class is really unfair to me and everyone in that class who has to deal with a truck that cant possibly run the same lines at the same speed.
Its not that your truck is any faster than the spec trucks but the perception is to some is you have an advantage and especially with after market tires. I would love to see what my truck could do with non spec SCT tires on it. If you have at least the the stock Spec tires for your truck then will race it in Spec so we can get more test results.

As for ROAR rules well no one around this area runs them for SCT. Even at PitStop this year for SCT they will allow 17.5 brushless but no after market tires are allowed. Garlands is running the SCT class Spec as well. Altoona and Richfield Raceway also keep them pretty close to stock. These are the most local tracks close to Bumps that run SCT in the outdoor/indoor season. Right now most tracks are trying to keep this class low cost as that is really helping get new racers involved and help tracks get better attendances.

The other thing is never worry about what ROAR does. Again the local tracks like PS is that when they hold a ROAR race the attendance goes way down. I would setup my stuff to meet the rules of the loca track that you plan on racing at most of the time.