Bumps and Jumps 09/10 offroad season

Old 12-21-2009, 07:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

New step up was awesome!
Old 12-21-2009, 08:37 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ultegrasti
yeh i think his old 10.5 is packing it in. he'll figure it out. the man made the jump so i'm sure he will. he might have a clone at his house he's practicin on right now.

R
I think I need to go back to a 8.5! I wish I had all those jumps at my house! I do have more wood to build new and different jumps then what we have. So tell me what you guys would like to see! I know Chris and Bob what to see another spline jump. Maybe we could go up to another level on the step up and have like a 4 foot drop.
Old 12-21-2009, 10:13 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jason Haas
I think I need to go back to a 8.5! I wish I had all those jumps at my house! I do have more wood to build new and different jumps then what we have. So tell me what you guys would like to see! I know Chris and Bob what to see another spline jump. Maybe we could go up to another level on the step up and have like a 4 foot drop.
We need to do an over under setup. Use to have one many years ago at PS and it was a blast.

You just need a faster 10.5. or an MMP speedo.
Old 12-21-2009, 10:38 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 42 (96%+)

LOL yeah more Breakage for the Newbies

You just need to get a Real Buggy! LOL
Old 12-21-2009, 11:22 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by wyd
We need to do an over under setup. Use to have one many years ago at PS and it was a blast.

You just need a faster 10.5. or an MMP speedo.
We have to work on Chris to let us put in an over under! My speed is just fine never had one problem with my LRP! I dont want to be sending the MMP back every month when it screws up!!
Old 12-21-2009, 11:24 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by PsycoB4
LOL yeah more Breakage for the Newbies

You just need to get a Real Buggy! LOL
If you had a real buggy it wouldnt break every time you went out!!
Old 12-21-2009, 11:29 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 42 (96%+)

If you had a real buggy it wouldnt break every time you went out!!
Hahahaha, nah I just need to stop getting nervous and anxious. Thats my problem. If I just raced like we do in practice, Id do a ton better. I gotta get some more Meds. LOL

Snowboarding ---- R/C Race weekend!!! Kyle and Eryn we need to plan this guys!!!!

I have a board and bindings forsale if any1 interested. thank you
Old 12-21-2009, 12:06 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

We have to work on Chris to let us put in an over under! My speed is just fine never had one problem with my LRP! I dont want to be sending the MMP back every month when it screws up!!
Only if you leave Chris use it will you have a problem. Its not the LRP's fault you can't get enough power from the stock settings. Its a software setup more than you need a different motor. If you put a Tekin in MMP in I can assure you I can setup the speedo so you can make that jump easily.
Old 12-21-2009, 02:02 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

bullocks, he'll be fine with the LRP. knowin jason he'll hate the tekin as much as b00by did (even though we all know it was in baker's head from word 'go'). i'll let em try it if he wants. i figured it out in terms of what it likes, what a 2wd likes, and what a 2wd at bumps likes from it. short version is.

8.5-10.5 in dualmode (depending on ur confidence level, level of traction and if ur 10.5 is strong, otherwise run of the mill 8.5). rest of radio settings as you please. full electronic timing (mech timing does not matter, leave motor alone). tighten the neutral width, linear profile (can use more aggressive 4 if track gripped up like it appeared to on video). set brakes to your preference.

set current limiter (in hotwire dualmode) to no limit (100%) . get slipper to make car behave as best you can for an average grip level at bumps. In this case this would be before racing no extra moisture (increasing grip) or chalk (lowereing grip). Perhaps tune a fraction too much slip to point where u can really hear it on hit of throttle-NOT DIFF, but slipper)

reset CL to 70% and then repeat, getting slipper to make car behave as best it can (perhaps a fraction tight). that is almost the opposite from what u did at 100% CL. 70% is a general example, depending on track and motor this could be lower/higher.

now u have a range of lowest to max CL and slipper settings from least pressure (for high current) and most pressure (lowered current). set your CL near the middle of the range u selected, in this case 85-90%. You also know how much slipper range you have to play with for most all conditions (could be 1/2 turn it could 2 full turns depending on all the above variables).

Use this as your tuning tool and come qual/race time u will not be diggin the laptop out all the time pulling ur rx plugs in/out over and over. u'll have a base for most all conditions and can instead tune with a flick of a driver. if the track is gripping up u can feed it some more slipper. if its goin away and gettin chalky (like most time happens at bumps especially the colder and more nitro present). you of course know that u can take slipper away.

this also helps tell you when ur slipper pads being to fade or need to be flipped.

all without futzin over the laptop all the time. dualmode is very smooth and a great application for offroad. most dismissed it b/c for some reason folks follow an onroad mentality when it comes to electronics and how good/bad they are or are not. its a much better scenario than motoring down when we only run mod. not to mention not havin ponies for crazy jump combos.

hope this helps any of u folks out here. i'm sure there's also ability to translate this back into castle link to make life easier for mamba folks too.

Granted a stanch LRP guy would say 'we set it and forget it', at least in onroad where its 'profile 8 and rip'

R
Old 12-21-2009, 03:41 PM
Tech Addict

bullocks, he'll be fine with the LRP. knowin jason he'll hate the tekin as much as b00by did (even though we all know it was in baker's head from word 'go'). i'll let em try it if he wants. i figured it out in terms of what it likes, what a 2wd likes, and what a 2wd at bumps likes from it. short version is.

8.5-10.5 in dualmode (depending on ur confidence level, level of traction and if ur 10.5 is strong, otherwise run of the mill 8.5). rest of radio settings as you please. full electronic timing (mech timing does not matter, leave motor alone). tighten the neutral width, linear profile (can use more aggressive 4 if track gripped up like it appeared to on video). set brakes to your preference.

set current limiter (in hotwire dualmode) to no limit (100%) . get slipper to make car behave as best you can for an average grip level at bumps. In this case this would be before racing no extra moisture (increasing grip) or chalk (lowereing grip). Perhaps tune a fraction too much slip to point where u can really hear it on hit of throttle-NOT DIFF, but slipper)

reset CL to 70% and then repeat, getting slipper to make car behave as best it can (perhaps a fraction tight). that is almost the opposite from what u did at 100% CL. 70% is a general example, depending on track and motor this could be lower/higher.

now u have a range of lowest to max CL and slipper settings from least pressure (for high current) and most pressure (lowered current). set your CL near the middle of the range u selected, in this case 85-90%. You also know how much slipper range you have to play with for most all conditions (could be 1/2 turn it could 2 full turns depending on all the above variables).

Use this as your tuning tool and come qual/race time u will not be diggin the laptop out all the time pulling ur rx plugs in/out over and over. u'll have a base for most all conditions and can instead tune with a flick of a driver. if the track is gripping up u can feed it some more slipper. if its goin away and gettin chalky (like most time happens at bumps especially the colder and more nitro present). you of course know that u can take slipper away.

this also helps tell you when ur slipper pads being to fade or need to be flipped.

all without futzin over the laptop all the time. dualmode is very smooth and a great application for offroad. most dismissed it b/c for some reason folks follow an onroad mentality when it comes to electronics and how good/bad they are or are not. its a much better scenario than motoring down when we only run mod. not to mention not havin ponies for crazy jump combos.

hope this helps any of u folks out here. i'm sure there's also ability to translate this back into castle link to make life easier for mamba folks too.

Granted a stanch LRP guy would say 'we set it and forget it', at least in onroad where its 'profile 8 and rip'

R
I'll try your buggy with a tekin if you dont mind me driving it.
Old 12-21-2009, 04:21 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

i'll put it back in for that. tues practice woulda be nice. oh well chris is tired, he deserves it.

r
Old 12-21-2009, 05:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

the best speedo out is the tamiya mechanical style, it has stop and go what else do you want?
Old 12-21-2009, 07:42 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by function>form
the best speedo out is the tamiya mechanical style, it has stop and go what else do you want?
Yeah the old Tamiya wipers where dialed.
Old 12-21-2009, 09:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Are we racing sunday?
Old 12-22-2009, 12:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

Smile

i'll put it back in for that. tues practice woulda be nice. oh well chris is tired, he deserves it.

r
I know its real hard to play with toys and get tired LOL join the real work forceLOL

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.