R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-17-2009, 07:41 AM   #76
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Earth?
Posts: 99
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd View Post
Thats ok I'm pretty sure the touring car is for sale after I run two more outdoor races and then I'm done. To mush BS and spec tires at these tracks is taking all the fun out of touring. No one wants to run spec foams and no one cars about 500 dollar touring cars, 130 dollar 50C lipos and the speedo of the week but worry more about a freaking spec rubber tire.

Thankgod Chris at Bumps don't do crap like that. Its like your forced to run stuff you may or maynot like (in my case hate being forced to support companies I don't like).

Offroad is great because this never becomes an issue.
We think you are tired of getting your ass kicked
1988forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 08:35 AM   #77
Registered User
 
UltegraSTI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 7,171
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

well he did win at least 1 stock touring race. so idk bout that. perhaps they snicker alot at his car of choice

R
UltegraSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 11:07 AM   #78
wyd
Tech Legend
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,121
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultegrasti View Post
well he did win at least 1 stock touring race. so idk bout that. perhaps they snicker alot at his car of choice

R
No problem with the car of choice. Excellent running car and handles great.
__________________
Castle Creations (Since 2005) Just awesome products
Bumps & Jumps RC (Great Indoor facility for offroad and oval)
ST Racing Concepts (STRC)
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 11:21 AM   #79
wyd
Tech Legend
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,121
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1988forever View Post
We think you are tired of getting your ass kicked
Nope that was when I raced offroad.
__________________
Castle Creations (Since 2005) Just awesome products
Bumps & Jumps RC (Great Indoor facility for offroad and oval)
ST Racing Concepts (STRC)
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 05:52 AM   #80
wyd
Tech Legend
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,121
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd
Default

For the stadium open class just wanted to mention no 1/8 scale tires on the trucks......Stadium tires only. I know Proline and J Concepts makes specific short coarse tires. Already have alot of interest in this class for those of you that want to make your Slash go faster or run one of the new SC10, Blitz, or Strike now you will have a class to do it in. Chris will have these stadium trucks in stock. Slashes are in stock now.

The shop has had a face lift for those who have not been to the track in the last few weeks. New paint in the shop itself as well as new walls along the back wall that are all now painted white. Track area is nice and bright. CHris is going to power wash the walls and ceiling.

Also new is all new pit tables upstairs with new carpet on all the upstairs and downstairs pit tables. Just bring you pit towel and your set.

Chris has been hard at work getting ready for the October 18th start date. Saturday oval and that Sunday offroad. Its going to be a great season. Looking forward to large amounts of racers this year.
__________________
Castle Creations (Since 2005) Just awesome products
Bumps & Jumps RC (Great Indoor facility for offroad and oval)
ST Racing Concepts (STRC)
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 08:13 PM   #81
Tech Regular
 
IIICJACKIII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 288
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom2tone View Post
ok thanks for the info...... will there be a mod sc10 class? I wanted to choose a decent motor and esc. What have the guys there been runnin?
There isn't anyone running mod really, this is new for this year. The couple mods i saw where running a castle setup.
I would recommend a TEKIN RS ESC. with a NOVAK Balistic 10.5 motor. A friend and i just tried a balistic 8.5 in our 2wd mod buggys and really like them. He said it had more punch than his 7.5 lrp X11, and it was just as fast as a 7.5 lrp that we were running with today. Plus if you don't like the wind, you can buy a different wind for like $30.00 and change it out. If you go with that setup i always have my laptop with me and can hook up the esc and change settings at the track for you. I'll be pitting upstairs by the door to the drivers stand.
__________________
Team Psycho Cells
IIICJACKIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 03:25 PM   #82
Tech Elite
 
tom2tone's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,837
Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIICJACKIII View Post
There isn't anyone running mod really, this is new for this year. The couple mods i saw where running a castle setup.
I would recommend a TEKIN RS ESC. with a NOVAK Balistic 10.5 motor. A friend and i just tried a balistic 8.5 in our 2wd mod buggys and really like them. He said it had more punch than his 7.5 lrp X11, and it was just as fast as a 7.5 lrp that we were running with today. Plus if you don't like the wind, you can buy a different wind for like $30.00 and change it out. If you go with that setup i always have my laptop with me and can hook up the esc and change settings at the track for you. I'll be pitting upstairs by the door to the drivers stand.

so would it be better to just get a rtr sc10? or are they going to have a mod slash class? I have a stock slash but I was going to keep it that way so I could run a mod sc10 for a faster truck.
__________________
TEKNO EB48.3 / ET48
AE T5M / B6
Tekin / AKA / Hitec / SMC / Futaba
Trains and Lanes Racing http://tandlracing.com/
Dunn Raceway Park http://drprc.com
tom2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 07:41 PM   #83
Tech Addict
 
dan r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Maryland
Posts: 643
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd View Post
For the stadium open class just wanted to mention no 1/8 scale tires on the trucks......Stadium tires only. I know Proline and J Concepts makes specific short coarse tires. Already have alot of interest in this class for those of you that want to make your Slash go faster or run one of the new SC10, Blitz, or Strike now you will have a class to do it in. Chris will have these stadium trucks in stock. Slashes are in stock now.

The shop has had a face lift for those who have not been to the track in the last few weeks. New paint in the shop itself as well as new walls along the back wall that are all now painted white. Track area is nice and bright. CHris is going to power wash the walls and ceiling.

Also new is all new pit tables upstairs with new carpet on all the upstairs and downstairs pit tables. Just bring you pit towel and your set.

Chris has been hard at work getting ready for the October 18th start date. Saturday oval and that Sunday offroad. Its going to be a great season. Looking forward to large amounts of racers this year.
sound good Brian, looking forward to the start of the season!
__________________
TLR/Nitrotane/Spektrum/Orion/Horizon Hobby/CR Graphics
dan r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 06:05 AM   #84
wyd
Tech Legend
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,121
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom2tone View Post
so would it be better to just get a rtr sc10? or are they going to have a mod slash class? I have a stock slash but I was going to keep it that way so I could run a mod sc10 for a faster truck.
The mod short coarse class is new for this year but has alot of interest. I'm pretty sure a good amount of guys will race this class. I would bet some of the standard Spec Slash class racers would like to go a little faster somtimes or run brushless so they will upgrade to the mod short coarse.

The SC10 will be a popular truck. I'm looking at one for the upcoming winter season to run the mod short coarse with. The HPI Blitz and Losi Strike should be fun trucks for the mod class as well. Bumps will be stocking them in the upcoming week or two.
__________________
Castle Creations (Since 2005) Just awesome products
Bumps & Jumps RC (Great Indoor facility for offroad and oval)
ST Racing Concepts (STRC)
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 06:09 AM   #85
wyd
Tech Legend
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,121
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan r View Post
sound good Brian, looking forward to the start of the season!
Yeah I stopped in Monday and Chris was hard at work bulding new pit benches upstairs. WOW does it look alot different. AFter they are all done then looks like alot of painting on Thur, Fri and the weekend.

We are getting closer to starting the season off and major work is in progress. New ramps where being built, others resurfaced and new carpet for on the ramps. Place is getting a huge face lift this year.

Chris is working hard to make this year the biggest and best year of racing ever. He is putting in a ton of time this offseason to make improvements. Most think he is off all summer (and he is to a point) but even when the place is closed he is working on improvements. Just updating the computer software took about 30 plus hours or more to download everything, rehook the system up, and get everything running again.
__________________
Castle Creations (Since 2005) Just awesome products
Bumps & Jumps RC (Great Indoor facility for offroad and oval)
ST Racing Concepts (STRC)
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 08:52 AM   #86
Registered User
 
UltegraSTI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 7,171
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

good to hear brian. gonna do what i can to make it up there and hang w/the crew some this winter. perhaps i do need to move outta buggy and into some type of truck. just dont feel i have the chops for mod buggy. have to see.

R
UltegraSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 11:39 AM   #87
wyd
Tech Legend
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,121
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultegrasti View Post
good to hear brian. gonna do what i can to make it up there and hang w/the crew some this winter. perhaps i do need to move outta buggy and into some type of truck. just dont feel i have the chops for mod buggy. have to see.

R
I don't have anything in mod buggy but I do plan on running it a good amount and then down the road get a Slash or one of the other short coarse trucks to run the mod class with.

Hey just come up every other week or something like that or once a month. Its better than nothing and you won't go broke doint that.
__________________
Castle Creations (Since 2005) Just awesome products
Bumps & Jumps RC (Great Indoor facility for offroad and oval)
ST Racing Concepts (STRC)
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 12:00 PM   #88
Tech Champion
 
jmackani's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Shippensburg
Posts: 5,604
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

If the roar rules allow stock sc10 and slash to run together then why aren't the tracks allowing it? We need to get off the the topic of calling it the slash class and start calling it stock short course truck.
jmackani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 12:31 PM   #89
Tech Master
 
lappdawg27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Marietta, PA
Posts: 1,110
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmackani View Post
If the roar rules allow stock sc10 and slash to run together then why aren't the tracks allowing it? We need to get off the the topic of calling it the slash class and start calling it stock short course truck.
I tend to agree with this. Pitstop and Garlands both allow the stock SC10 RTR to run in the SPEC Slash Class. Bob Moore posted some rules on the Pitstop thread which allowed you to run any of the stock SCT electronics/tires (that includes the Strike and Blitz when they come out) on any of the SCT chassis. My SC10 kit has the stock steering servo, the XL-5 esc, and the Titan 12T motor as well as the Slash tires, which makes it legal to run it against the Slashes at Pitstop (and Garlands).

I think the problem with the mod class is that some guys are gonna buy the RTR Blitz or Strike and are gonna be forced to run the mod class, where some guys may be running motors considerably quicker than the stock equipment (unless you make a motor limit). Right away they are gonna have to upgrade to be competitive.

I think there should be 2 SCT classes:
Stock SCT (any of the RTRs) and mod SCT (whatever the heck you feel like running, sans the 1/8 tires, they look dumb on a Slash!!)
__________________
Pitstop Hobbies Web Admin - http://www.pitstophobbies.net

STADIUM TRUCK ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!
HP PRST-1
AE FT RC10GT2 (for when nitro ST rises from the dead!!)
lappdawg27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 03:10 PM   #90
Tech Champion
 
jmackani's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Shippensburg
Posts: 5,604
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

I agree with the two classes also. The pro drivers that are running them now don't have any equipment advantage from one to the other. Like you stated, it's crazy that you buy a stock truck and you have to immediately upgrade it to be forced to run in the mod/open class. Everyone on the forums was screaming because the losi supposedly did not meet the roar rules and now they delay the shipment until this week to correct it and most tracks are still trying to run them separately. I am looking for somewhere to run during the winter and having to immediately run in the mod class is not what I was looking for.
jmackani is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bumps and Jumps 08, 09 season brian mills Racing Forum 1767 10-09-2009 01:27 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:07 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net