R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 11-08-2009, 03:56 PM   #631
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Thanks Chris and the staff at Bumps and Jumps for the great day of racing.

Both my son and I had a fun time today.

Thanks again.
rexblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 04:32 PM   #632

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

KR, man ur stuff was very good. leave it alone and thank chris for breakin it in rd2!

R
UltegraSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 04:51 PM   #633
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mugen9112

I had a great day today. The layout was the best it has ever been!!! Logan did an awesome job as usual. Thanks for everyone who put on the race.
Mugen9112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 05:03 PM   #634

hey kudos also to the middle river guys for coming up all the way from southeast baltimore to check out the proceedings. might let that CR go before i run it yet lol.

R
Old 11-08-2009, 05:15 PM   #635

ross, haas says he doesnt want me back on that car b/c i might be able to wheel it now. so considerin ur rough luck as of late, need a fresh car lol.

speakin of haas, if he relaxes a bit and gets rid of the doinks. man he and KR will force dan to run hard. maybe gay knew somethin in hangin on to round cells as long as possible. of course he knew that along w/all the other good stuff he 'knows'.

R
Old 11-08-2009, 05:19 PM   #636
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

I would like to thank all the racers for coming out to Bumps and Jumps today. Chris and the Staff appreciate all the support. Turnout was huge today and I think it is a sign of how it will be all year. Competition was killer in all classes today.

ProSPec was awesome in the main. I had a great battle with Chris, Bryan, Pat and Bob for the first 2 1/2 minutes and monster battle with Chris. Very clean driving up front by all the top guys and showed what sportsmanship is all about and clean driving. What a real pleasure to run with you guys today.

Spec class was equally as cool to see. The class did exactly what it was suppose to give the more inexperiance racers a class that they can battle each other in and today show cased that. Didn't hurt that Bryan from SMC donated a battery to that class as a giveway. Very awesome of SMC. Props for that and the raffle for the other lipo.

For the guys make sure your trucks are legal. Any questions about the rules or if your truck is legal see me. I saw a few trucks with aftermarket chassis's and a brushless in one that won't be legal in the Spec classes and noafter maket chassis's in any of the SCT classes. Please get thses trucks setup for the rules because this is what makes these classes so equal for everyone.

The track layout was awesome and I heard alot of great things. Chris and Jason you guys did an outstanding job with the layout. It is going to be fun running on it for the next few weeks. Many guys said they can't wait to run this layout a few more times. I can't wait to run on this layout as well.

Thanks again to everyone that showed up to race at Bumps this weekend.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 05:34 PM   #637
Tech Addict

Had a great time! Im glad everyone liked the layout! I think it might be a good idea for next week to have split pratice next week because of the back section. To many diffent lines for diffent classes. I think it would be less of a pile up there. Just an idea.
Jason Haas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 05:38 PM   #638
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mugen9112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Haas View Post
Had a great time! Im glad everyone liked the layout! I think it might be a good idea for next week to have split pratice next week because of the back section. To many diffent lines for diffent classes. I think it would be less of a pile up there. Just an idea.
definitely agree.
Mugen9112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 05:40 PM   #639

jason, were u guys blastin over the 'deck' jump in hopes of landin on the carpet lander primed to hit it again for quad? i think kyle showed me that with his truck, but i dont think the 13.5 is up to that technique. perhaps just remove the 'deck' jumps for layout and leave the quad, the slashes could even flirt w/the idea. and perhaps less mess w/the 1/8s. somethin for every1. but very good layout indeed, just wish i was quicker... price of 4600s just went up ha

R

i miss bob baker
Old 11-08-2009, 05:46 PM   #640
Tech Adept

Had a good time today racing was tight all day congrats to kyle on the wins.

Jason agree on practice and i would also like to see a third round of racing and layout was really fun the quads were pretty fun didn't think it was do able until i saw guys doing this it must have been the late practice night
brian roeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 05:48 PM   #641
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultegrasti View Post
jason, were u guys blastin over the 'deck' jump in hopes of landin on the carpet lander primed to hit it again for quad? i think kyle showed me that with his truck, but i dont think the 13.5 is up to that technique. perhaps just remove the 'deck' jumps for layout and leave the quad, the slashes could even flirt w/the idea. and perhaps less mess w/the 1/8s. somethin for every1. but very good layout indeed, just wish i was quicker... price of 4600s just went up ha

R

i miss bob baker
Yeah you can clean the "deck" and hit the lander and then do the quad but not everytime. It looks really fast but very scary all at the same time!
Old 11-08-2009, 06:02 PM   #642
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian roeder View Post
Had a good time today racing was tight all day congrats to kyle on the wins.

Jason agree on practice and i would also like to see a third round of racing and layout was really fun the quads were pretty fun didn't think it was do able until i saw guys doing this it must have been the late practice night
yeah I cant even win with all that late night pratice!!
Old 11-08-2009, 06:15 PM   #643

cut the mistakes JH and u'll be lethal. i cut the mistakes and find a way to get power down and perhaps i can get up to where u are now.

R
Old 11-08-2009, 06:18 PM   #644
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultegrasti View Post
cut the mistakes JH and u'll be lethal. i cut the mistakes and find a way to get power down and perhaps i can get up to where u are now.

R
use that slipper!! remember its your "best friend"
Old 11-08-2009, 06:22 PM   #645

already doesnt lift the wheels off ground when testin it. 2/3rds current limiter, soft profile on throttle curve, timing still fairly strong so it helps me down straight keep up w/u all. it was gettin better, a rd3 coulda helped me but that 5min of practice before mains was a help. again kyle's arrangement on springs was a help. in my case not only did it behave better, but the stiffer rear spring and a lil more AS helped me jump a lil further which helped me at my light motor at the quad.

at least this 13.5 tekin made me feel like a SS in a mod field. more predictable, just had to pray some on the quad. the other 1 i had been runnin (bob's tekin) is goin back to tekin b/c it has a lotta play and of course is runnin way faster than the other tekin 13.s i own or have used/seen/setup.

R