R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 10-28-2009, 04:16 PM   #496

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

that way u get new folks in, every1 gets better, and u keep 'experts' who might get disgruntled from time to time racing with those just starting out. bring every1 to the table with a real basic platform thats fun. if every1 runs another class b/c of it. well thats more folks, the hobby thrives, more fun, and chris does better business wise.

i think much has been learned from other facilities mistakes both in offroad and onroad. and thats why clear cut decisions like this will make it better for every1. the only exceptions are likely those who just wanna spoil the party any way they see fit.

R

ps- reigle, i'll be up sunday. so we'll chat then, keep my old truck around til then.
UltegraSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 05:21 PM   #497
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I want to build a gt for off road,I have 2 electric T3's & an os engine I run in my nitro sprint car,can I just buy a chassis & build a truck?
Dave Mahr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 05:34 PM   #498

admittedly, gas truck has been dying a slow death for the last few years. better served just runnin ur t3 as a mod truck. slap in a castle sidewinder kit from chris for 120bux and ur set.

R
Old 10-28-2009, 05:48 PM   #499
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

120 for the system,then a battery & charger,theres almost 300.00.I got everything to do nitro except a chassis?
Dave Mahr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 06:00 PM   #500
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

i dont think a lipo is a must, nimh batts would be fine. i'm sure he can set you up for your budget. by the time you would switch everything over and figure out what works and doesnt you'd have probably the same amount of money out into your nitro conversion
Old 10-28-2009, 06:03 PM   #501

+1

that and may the class RIP.

R
Old 10-28-2009, 06:17 PM   #502
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I'm not sure how well the T3 and GT parts interchange. I have a GT and a T4, and with the exception of the screws and shims/bearings, nothing is interchangeable. There are tons of used GTs on eBay, but you have to be careful buying used RC stuff, you never really know how well it was kept, or how abused it was. I bought my first RC on eBay used and I didn't have any trouble with it, except when I crashed it!

I am going to run my GT (and my T4) at Bumps once the points start. There are a few guys who like to run the gas trucks, so hopefully we can keep it going.

STADIUM TRUCK ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!
HP PRST-1
AE FT RC10GT2 (for when nitro ST rises from the dead!!)
lappdawg27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 06:30 PM   #503

relaxed yet brian? hope so. blue moon. dogfishhead, yuengling help?

R
Old 10-28-2009, 06:43 PM   #504

on a sidenote, if there are questions over classfication and proficiency. i feel many times the mistake comes in tryin to decide who is a novice/sportsman (hmm MEOW?), but in fact sometimes it should actually be who gets into the pro/expert category. we used to have proficiency requirements before you moved up to 'run with the big boys'. that stuff always worked, some reason folks moved away from it idk. i in fact believe i still have my certification from the 1st racing club i went to.

R
Old 10-28-2009, 07:13 PM   #505
Tech Initiate

Ryan, are you trying to out post brian? haha
Adrenalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 07:24 PM   #506
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk View Post
i love the sound of all that, the "parts interechange" is awsome!,

only thing i dont like is the lack of 2s lipo's
Something else to consider that is coming in the future is the 4 wheel drives. I recall seeing years ago carpet racing where people were removing belts/drive shafts to the front wheels and running them in 2 wheel drive classes and dominating.

I have another question on the sct rules also. The blitz comes with a lot of additional rear end tuning options as stock parts in the kit like rear toe adjustments whereas the others do not. Are those going to be allowed to be used? Kind of hard to limit the other brands if the blitz comes with these also in the box, although not installed.
jmackani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 07:44 PM   #507
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd View Post
Ok the rules are going to be as follows.

Spec SCT- This is for the novice and the guys that are just learning or are just out for some fun. If your nor not that good this will be the class for you.

All brand SCT trucks (Slash, Strike, Blitz, and SC10) will run together. All stock with the follow exceptions (Slash-Alum shock caps and Strike- CVD's) Can change out receiver and use your own brand radio. Can change shock oils and stuff like that. Must run stock tires to come with the truck. Can add weight. 2 cell 7.4 lipo

Pro Spec SCT- This is for the better drivers, so called Pros or any racer that wants to run against the better drivers and test their skills.

All brand SCTs (Strike, Slash, Blitz and SC10) All rules same as the Spec class except you are allowed to change to different springs on the trucks. Must run stock tires and electronics for your brand truck. Can change the receiver out to use your own radio. Can change all the standard stuff that comes with you kit like oil, shock pistons, camber links and so on. No chassis modifications. 2 cell 7.4 lipo.

We are going to keep these things cheap. Drivers meeting will be this Sunday to go over these rules.

I think from many of you posting this will cover the majority of racers and keep the cost of racing cheap for all. This has been a hugely tough undertaking and I never thought it would such a pain in the rear but here is this is what we decided on.

Thanks
Brian
So now there is going to be 3 or is it 4 sct classes? You have all brand sct listed twice. Just want to make sure what the classes are so i can decide if i am going to sell all my sct's or keep at least one of them. And please i am only looking for a answer from chris or brian on this. Not trying to offend anyone (ultegrasti), but i would like to hear it from the owner or brian .

I am not sure if i like adding more classes and taking away from the amount of time we get on the track. I personally don't like running just 2 heats and a main. Would rather run 3 heats and a main.
Old 10-28-2009, 07:52 PM   #508
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

It looks like 2 classes to me.
Old 10-28-2009, 07:58 PM   #509
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

If anyone is interested i have a slash and a strike for sale.
slash @ $100.00 ($130.00 w/4000 mah yeah racing lipo ) comes with 2 used motors and a new motor.

strike @ $160.00 (replaced the dog bones with cvd's)

also have some 1/8 scale tires for sale.

Poss, a xxxcr roller. will see if i can get it ready before weekend.
will bring all with this weekend, just ask for chad, someone will know where i am pitted.
Old 10-28-2009, 07:59 PM   #510
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIICJACKIII View Post
So now there is going to be 3 or is it 4 sct classes? You have all brand sct listed twice. Just want to make sure what the classes are so i can decide if i am going to sell all my sct's or keep at least one of them. And please i am only looking for a answer from chris or brian on this. Not trying to offend anyone (ultegrasti), but i would like to hear it from the owner or brian .

I am not sure if i like adding more classes and taking away from the amount of time we get on the track. I personally don't like running just 2 heats and a main. Would rather run 3 heats and a main.
Two classes total.

Spec and Pro Spec.

This Sunday we will have a drivers meeting and hopefully finalize the classes 100% and get this all done.

This gives the guys that are just not as fast the regular spec class and the better guys will run the Pro Spec. I think Sunday we can get this all finished up and get on to talking about other things so my stress level goes down some.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote