Old 09-11-2009, 07:02 PM
Tech Addict

i'm ready, how bout this sunday.
Old 09-12-2009, 08:17 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lappdawg27
What time do the races end on a typical points day? I do not like racing on Sunday but with Pitstop not running nitro anymore this year I am really itching to run my gas truck this winter.
EEarly in the start of the season before the attendance is high we can get done around 5 or so. On a normal show around 6 to 7 is very common.

Normally we try to run the first two rounds straight thru and then a 1/2 hour break for the 3rd round and a then a break to get the mains setup.
Old 09-12-2009, 09:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dan r
i'm ready, how bout this sunday.
I am down for that, i am sick of the rain also.
Old 09-13-2009, 05:21 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

THis summer has brought alot of rain on race days or the day before racing. Lots of rain outs for many different tracks.

Soon that will be all over with. In a few short weeks Bumps will be in full swing. Chris is starting to get everything ready and will be stocking up on more offroad stuff and oval.

For those who don't know this year Bumps will the host The Custom Works Open Wheel Nationals. Now Bumps will have the two largest dirt oval races in the country with over 350 plus entries, more like 400!!!!!!!! You want to see a packed hobbyshop check out this race and as always Bumps own legendary February Freeze Race!!!!!!!!!

We will still have are big offroad race like last year and I would think some sort of Short Coarse truck race as well. I will work on that with Chris a little later.
Old 09-13-2009, 10:23 AM
Tech Initiate

Post Track condition

whats up guy's I'll be new to your track this season and was wondering if you could tell me about the traction on the off road track. I here its very high.

I need to stock up on tires for the winter. And could use the info.

And yes the rain has sucked I'm really hyped up about your indoor track. I'm running 1/8 scale nitro. and heard your track is TECH. for 1/8 scale? Not sure but its sounds intresting. I work sundays BUT.

I'm moving my dispatch time up later so I can run with you all. It'll be some really long days for me but I wouldn't miss it

I hope to run just about every sunday this season. Oct 11 is still on right???
Old 09-13-2009, 10:51 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

no u DO NOT need to stock up on tires. 1 of the 'cart blanche' of bumps. it is very small for nitro, but if u want to run nitro during winter, its ur only opportunity to get away from cabin fever.

for 'big bug', some1 can correct me if i'm wrong, but the smallest pin tires with a nice firm insert and in a 'clay' compound. that compound is key. so gold for jconcepts or pink from losi, purple from proline, and not sure if aka has a 'clay' compound yet.

that should be ur ticket. unless u destroy ur tires riding up on pipes, the odd stake, or jumpin over the wood jumps/boards to get back on track. u shouldnt need more than the 1 set all year. yeh u heard me right.

make sure u get good foams in there, if u buy losi, then ditch the stock foams.

R
Old 09-13-2009, 10:54 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

NOTE TO ALL RACERS!!!!

Since chris got that CW race, it moved XMAS classic back 1 wk. had to update my calendars and caught this. JUST FYI!!!

R
Old 09-13-2009, 11:19 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Thanks

1 set is just fine for me

I think I know what to go with now Thanks alot man.
Yeah I heard its a little tight in there Its cool with me I like to change it up.
I'll just set my buggy up for the layout. Better than having cabin fever all winter.

Later all!!
Old 09-13-2009, 01:21 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Platinum Basher
1 set is just fine for me

I think I know what to go with now Thanks alot man.
Yeah I heard its a little tight in there Its cool with me I like to change it up.
I'll just set my buggy up for the layout. Better than having cabin fever all winter.

Later all!!
1/8th is hit or miss from week to week. We do have guys that run them but not every week. Most of them have a 2nd class they race. I would say for sure Slash Spec, Open Short Coarse truck, 2wd mod buggy and more than likely Mod truck will run every week for sure. 1/10th Nitro Stadium truck had a decent showing last year but I know some of those guys bought 1/10 2wd mod trucks so not 100% how that class will pan out.
Old 09-13-2009, 01:26 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Platinum Basher
whats up guy's I'll be new to your track this season and was wondering if you could tell me about the traction on the off road track. I here its very high.

I need to stock up on tires for the winter. And could use the info.

And yes the rain has sucked I'm really hyped up about your indoor track. I'm running 1/8 scale nitro. and heard your track is TECH. for 1/8 scale? Not sure but its sounds intresting. I work sundays BUT.

I'm moving my dispatch time up later so I can run with you all. It'll be some really long days for me but I wouldn't miss it

I hope to run just about every sunday this season. Oct 11 is still on right???
All u will need is a set of losi pink taper pins. Might want a set of holeshots or something like it. 1-2 sets should last all winter. I ran pink tapers last winter on my 8ight-e, worked good.
Old 09-13-2009, 03:10 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by IIICJACKIII
All u will need is a set of losi pink taper pins. Might want a set of holeshots or something like it. 1-2 sets should last all winter. I ran pink tapers last winter on my 8ight-e, worked good.
Yeah the electric 1/8 scales are brutally fast with the brushless systems that are out. Seems like they have unlimited power.
Old 09-13-2009, 06:31 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by wyd
Yeah the electric 1/8 scales are brutally fast with the brushless systems that are out. Seems like they have unlimited power.
Oh yeah, i love the instant power. Being able to make jumps that the nitro's can't (without getting a running start) is great. The only down side is the run time and charge time. But i can live with that.
Old 09-13-2009, 06:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

When is the first race? or did it already happen?
Old 09-13-2009, 09:08 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by KHoff7
When is the first race? or did it already happen?
I have to check with Chris to be sure but I think its the 2nd weekend in October.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.