Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum
Bumps and Jumps 09/10 offroad season >

Bumps and Jumps 09/10 offroad season

Bumps and Jumps 09/10 offroad season

Old 10-18-2009, 05:40 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

hpi had its way with the slashes. then again i think bryan couldve taken any of the 4 trucks and done the same. still reigle has some testing to do, see if hpi's tires are the advantage or is the truck just better.

R

PS-watch every1 go out and buy the HPIs, even b4 rules are put in place.
Old 10-18-2009, 05:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Here are a couple of photos I took while I stopped by today. Sorry for some having a grainy look. I forgot to bump up my ISO's.

Old 10-18-2009, 05:50 PM
Tech Champion

I talked to Bryan and he didn't seem to think the tires were all that great. I think the truck in general is probably just that much better. Bryan even mentioned that the hpi stock out of the box was turning better times than his sc10 running mod.
Old 10-18-2009, 06:15 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

First I would like to thak everyone for coming out to Bumps and Jumps today. You the racers did a great job today and we where very happy to see all you guys so thanks again to everyone for making opening weekend a success.

The Spec class went well today with all the trucks running together. Bryan did wi with the new HPI Blitz but I didn't think it was because the truck was 100 percent better than the Slash, Strike or SC10. I think in qualifying Pat easily proved the Slash is capable of running with the Blitz. In the heats Pat actually had the fastest lap overall.

In the A main Bryan got a fantastic start while 2nd thru 10th beat each other to death the first lap or more and by that Time Bryan checked out. In the upcoming weeks a few more excellent drivers will be joining the Spec class along with the good guys we had this weekend. The battle will be on.

So far from watching today here is how I saw it.

Strike: Best overall steering, jumped decent, least amount of traction, stock dogbones are worthless. Will be allowed to run after market driveshafts at least until Losi makes some ones that actually work for more than one run or two. Very loose but if you figure that out can be very competitive.

SC10: Good steering, jumps well, fastest or close to in straightaway speed, ok overall traction. I had one and it don't need any after market parts. Good potential if someone spends some time and likes a loose truck.

Blitz: Good steering , excellent jumping, resonable straightaway speed, can be loose if pushed hard, no lockout for reverse like Associated, Slash and Strike have.

Slash: Best traction, heaviest, good steering, ok jumping, very good topend, still best overall tires, and very competitive with all the other trucks.

I truely think at this point it is all driver, setup, and some luck in traffic. Also a clean start is still huge in this class.

We will see alot more in the upcoming weeks but right now everything looks very equal.

I think Mod SCT is very cool but it looked like the Spec class ran very close to as fast and in some cases faster. Not a huge surprise because being consistant is key at Bumps and many other tracks.

Had a great showing in Mod truck and looks to be the upcoming and hot class this year.

A surprise and excellent showing on 1/8 nitro. Guys did a nice job overall to start the year.

Nitro truck and 4wd buggy I think where the classes with the least amount of entries. I these will be bigger or smaller depending on what guys want to race on certain weekends.

Again I want to say thanks from Bumps and Jumps for your support. We cannot do it without you guys.
Old 10-18-2009, 06:18 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

jmackani nice pics. Oh your 100% right on those cheap POS dogbones or whatever Losi put on the Strike. What a joke. Upgrades are going to be allowed til Losi makes some steel dogbones that last more than one run. Looks like the MIP CVD's will be ok until a maybe cheaper but good alternative are found. Losi must of made those bones out of tin foil the way they bend up.
Old 10-18-2009, 06:22 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

SLASH for sale.

135 bux, ur radio and rx and race.

175 add reedy 5000mah lipo and aluminum shock caps f/r (in bag)

R
Old 10-18-2009, 06:36 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by wyd
jmackani nice pics. Oh your 100% right on those cheap POS dogbones or whatever Losi put on the Strike. What a joke. Upgrades are going to be allowed til Losi makes some steel dogbones that last more than one run. Looks like the MIP CVD's will be ok until a maybe cheaper but good alternative are found. Losi must of made those bones out of tin foil the way they bend up.
Another known problem appears to be the outdrives. They are snapping the pin that holds them together. I didn't realize mine was broke until I stopped in at Garlands and saw a new one set in a pack. The pin snapped so clean I could not tell it was meant to be attached to the outdrive. I had the kids with me today and was only able to take some photos. Probably will be up in week or two to run. By then, my other son will have a blitz and we will then have a slash, strike and blitz running. I too think they are all equal with some tuning and I am getting closer with the strike.
Old 10-18-2009, 06:40 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

I think the Strike does take the most work to make it work well and still keeping it within the Spec rules. I know Brian had his pretty close today and with a little more work will be even closer to the front.

I think the Slash is the easiest to get around the track and then Blitz, SC10 and Strike.
Old 10-18-2009, 07:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

To me the Blitz looked like it was on rails compared to the other SCTs. If I was not an AE driver I would buy a Blitz in a minute to race Slash Spec class. Better stock up on em'.

I had a blast. I love that place. Everything about today was fun. I hope to be back often. Ive got my fingers crossed my son will be playing basketball on Saturdays. Hell if he does play Sunday I might just have to miss a couple games.

Sooo glad I decided to go racing today instead of watching the Redskins get their butts kicked again.
Old 10-18-2009, 07:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I seen you out with that Niffy Fifty, you weren't there long at all. Your ISO was already at to 800, any more with that 20D and the grain would be through the roof. 1/500 F1.8 should have been more then enough. Next time try getting the cars when they are traveling slower, like into a turn or something. Also Panning with the car really helps, plus it gives that sense of motion since the background will be blurry. If you pan good, the car will be in focus.

PS: In case your wondering how i know your settings, pictures contain whats called EXIF data, it's detailed information about the camera and the settings.

But anyway, i was going to race slash but during practice my lipo poofed up on me. I was going to buy a pack downstairs but i was strapped for cash. But i had a BLAST running EP 1/8th buggy, i was super super rough at first but eventually started to get a hang of the track. 2650K on 4s's is WAY to much power for that track, i had to turn my end point down to 65%, and even then it was still easy to over shoot the ramps. Its all about control haha. I'm still learning.
Old 10-18-2009, 08:47 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by TomTomTuning
I seen you out with that Niffy Fifty, you weren't there long at all. Your ISO was already at to 800, any more with that 20D and the grain would be through the roof. 1/500 F1.8 should have been more then enough. Next time try getting the cars when they are traveling slower, like into a turn or something. Also Panning with the car really helps, plus it gives that sense of motion since the background will be blurry. If you pan good, the car will be in focus.

PS: In case your wondering how i know your settings, pictures contain whats called EXIF data, it's detailed information about the camera and the settings.

But anyway, i was going to race slash but during practice my lipo poofed up on me. I was going to buy a pack downstairs but i was strapped for cash. But i had a BLAST running EP 1/8th buggy, i was super super rough at first but eventually started to get a hang of the track. 2650K on 4s's is WAY to much power for that track, i had to turn my end point down to 65%, and even then it was still easy to over shoot the ramps. Its all about control haha. I'm still learning.
You should of said something to me as we would of found you a lipo to run for the day. Glad you still had fun.
Old 10-19-2009, 03:58 AM
Tech Apprentice

We had a nice time see you in two weeks thanks to everyone
Old 10-19-2009, 04:40 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by TomTomTuning

Thanks for the tips Tom
Old 10-19-2009, 05:38 AM
Tech Addict

good to be back racing at Bumps, had fun.

Jason and Brian, hope you guys can make out a lot this winter, it was fun racing with you guys in 8th scale.

nice to see a good turnout, liked seeing a mod truck class too
Old 10-19-2009, 06:31 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Don't forget this Tuesday is offroad practice from 4pm to 9pm. Guys who can't make it can use the web cam feed from the BumpsandJumpsrc.com website. Just go to live feed and watch practice Tuesday night.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.