R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-13-2009, 08:18 AM   #226
Registered User
 
UltegraSTI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 7,171
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

the smallest pin tire to start, if it dusts up a fair bit (for bumps anyway). then ur blocks. only thing a 1/8 should bring. clay compound if possible

R
UltegraSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 08:35 AM   #227
Tech Apprentice
 
demondog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Staunton, VA
Posts: 55
Default

Thanks for the info! I already ordered a set of front bar codes and proline suburbs for the rear, both in clay compound. I figured that would work. Wanted a set of bar codes for the rear, but they were out of them.

Jason, I have a set of wore down Atomics and I also think I have a set of Crimefighters that I can bring with me if you think you might wanna try them. Just let me know!
__________________
Anything Can Happen In The Mains!

Team Xray
Odonnel Fuel
AKA Tires
demondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 09:00 AM   #228
Tech Elite
 
PTP Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 2,699
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

No dont bring them. I'll have the whole line-up of AKA tires with me if I come. Ive been using City Blocks everywhere all year so it wouldnt surprise me if yet again they are my tire of choice. The Grid Irons should be good if the City Blocks arent. Ive still got some diesel in my bag if I need it
__________________
Paycheck to Paycheck Racing
Jason Miller
PTP Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 10:10 AM   #229
Tech Initiate
 
Adrenalin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 25
Default

lets get a 4 wheel mod role call going...

1) Josh
2) Adam
Adrenalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 12:59 PM   #230
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: White Lake N.Y
Posts: 57
Default

1) Josh
2) Adam
3) Cj
4) Ed
cj50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 08:28 PM   #231
Tech Addict
 
Jason Haas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mechanicsburg
Posts: 671
Default

I am in for mod truck and buggy!
Jason Haas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 09:20 PM   #232
wyd
Tech Legend
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,121
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd
Default

Only a few more days til the 09/10 season kicks off.

Jason and Bob where finishing up some jumps and now just need to add the new carpet to them. We have two new different jumps that we didn't have last year that are pretty cool. Very easy to do for all types of cars and trucks to make. Shuld be alot of fun.
__________________
Castle Creations (Since 2005) Just awesome products
Bumps & Jumps RC (Great Indoor facility for offroad and oval)
ST Racing Concepts (STRC)
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 05:19 AM   #233
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 132
Trader Rating: 11 (87%+)
Default

A friend and I have been running at PS on Fridays and have been going weekly to practice. We have been thinking about coming to BnJ for the indoor season but looking at the pics on the website the track seems a little small. Do the pictures not do it justice? I mean it looks like a lot of people are excited for this so I must not be looking at them right or something. We both run slash. He has a T4 and I will be trying the B4. I also have a brushless E-Revo.

Does anyone happen to have some pics of the current track? It would be a bit of a drive for us.

Also when are people allowed to come in and practice on the track?
dilbert9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 05:34 AM   #234
Tech Elite
 
KHoff7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,166
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

The track is perfectly sized for 10th scale and 8th buggies get around it fine since they really are not much larger than 10th scale. I can say its the best offroad track I have ever been to.
__________________
Awesomatix USA / Middle River Hobbies / Sweep / Psycho Cells Racing
Karl Hoffmeister
KHoff7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 06:30 AM   #235
wyd
Tech Legend
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,121
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilbert9 View Post
A friend and I have been running at PS on Fridays and have been going weekly to practice. We have been thinking about coming to BnJ for the indoor season but looking at the pics on the website the track seems a little small. Do the pictures not do it justice? I mean it looks like a lot of people are excited for this so I must not be looking at them right or something. We both run slash. He has a T4 and I will be trying the B4. I also have a brushless E-Revo.

Does anyone happen to have some pics of the current track? It would be a bit of a drive for us.

Also when are people allowed to come in and practice on the track?
Like Karl mentioned the 1/10th sclaes have no problems with the size of the layout. The lanes are normally at least 8 wide per lane. Track is roughly a little shorter than PS but is roughly as wide. Not 100% on track dimensions but its roughly 80x40. The offroad track won't be setup til Saturday night late after the oval racing is done.

Practice is Wed 4pm til 9pm and Sundays is offroad racing. Doors open at 10am and racing starts around 12 noon. Depending on how many show we try to run 3 heats and a main. Sometimes I get to the track a little earlier than 10 and let people in to get setup but track still don't open to 10 to practice.

Slash's work great at Bumps as do the B4, T4 and any of the other trucks and buggies out. The E Revo works well to even though it is a little large. A few guys plan on racing them this year. I can think of at least 3 guys that normally like to race them weekely plus they all also run Slash class to.
__________________
Castle Creations (Since 2005) Just awesome products
Bumps & Jumps RC (Great Indoor facility for offroad and oval)
ST Racing Concepts (STRC)
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 06:46 AM   #236
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 132
Trader Rating: 11 (87%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd View Post
Like Karl mentioned the 1/10th sclaes have no problems with the size of the layout. The lanes are normally at least 8 wide per lane. Track is roughly a little shorter than PS but is roughly as wide. Not 100% on track dimensions but its roughly 80x40. The offroad track won't be setup til Saturday night late after the oval racing is done.

Practice is Wed 4pm til 9pm and Sundays is offroad racing. Doors open at 10am and racing starts around 12 noon. Depending on how many show we try to run 3 heats and a main. Sometimes I get to the track a little earlier than 10 and let people in to get setup but track still don't open to 10 to practice.

Slash's work great at Bumps as do the B4, T4 and any of the other trucks and buggies out. The E Revo works well to even though it is a little large. A few guys plan on racing them this year. I can think of at least 3 guys that normally like to race them weekely plus they all also run Slash class to.
So then the track isn't open during business hours like PS is? Only day to practice is Wednesday?

Thanks for the info. We are trying to find a good day to come up and check it out.
dilbert9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 07:00 AM   #237
wyd
Tech Legend
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,121
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilbert9 View Post
So then the track isn't open during business hours like PS is? Only day to practice is Wednesday?

Thanks for the info. We are trying to find a good day to come up and check it out.
Tuesday is offroad practice from 4pm til 9pm. Sunday is offroad racing.

Wed is a normal oval race day, practice for oval Thur and Fri with racing oval on Sat.

We do have a little more oval days since we do get huge turnouts for oval and since we have 2 National evens coming up for oval in Nov and Dec the track will be busy from opening day til Christmas.
__________________
Castle Creations (Since 2005) Just awesome products
Bumps & Jumps RC (Great Indoor facility for offroad and oval)
ST Racing Concepts (STRC)
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 07:01 AM   #238
Tech Addict
 
jac9's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 515
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilbert9 View Post
So then the track isn't open during business hours like PS is? Only day to practice is Wednesday?

Thanks for the info. We are trying to find a good day to come up and check it out.
Please check out the schedule here for race and practice timeshttp://www.bumpsandjumpsrc.com/2009-...20calendar.htm

This should answer most of your questions but heres a run down of the days in the week.
Sunday offroad racing
monday Closed
Tuesday Offroad Pratice
Wednesday Oval racing
Thursday Oval Practice
Friday Oval Practice
Saturday Oval racing

The same area is used for offroad as the oval so the Track gets changed on Saturday night from oval to offroad and Wednesday morning from offroad to oval.

Hope this helps
jac9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 07:03 AM   #239
Tech Addict
 
jac9's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 515
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd View Post
Tuesday is offroad practice from 4pm til 9pm. Sunday is offroad racing.

Wed is a normal oval race day, practice for oval Thur and Fri with racing oval on Sat.

We do have a little more oval days since we do get huge turnouts for oval and since we have 2 National evens coming up for oval in Nov and Dec the track will be busy from opening day til Christmas.
Man you beat me to it!! haha

BTW see you tonight I'm headed that way in the next hour or so.
jac9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 07:25 AM   #240
wyd
Tech Legend
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,121
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd
Default

For all offroad SPEC SCT racing I will be teching all SCT trucks in the spec class each and every round, plus the mains. If you are not sure if your truck is legal for the class please come see me before the races start so I can check you truck out. This way you won't have any surprises going thru tech and finding out your truck is not legal.

We are going to be checking each and every week. It is a fun class and with a few other brands running we want to make sure everyone is runnig what they should be running with their perspective brand trucks.

We are not worried about alum shock caps on any brand or RPM gear covers. You can also add lead weight if you would like. Those are legal pretty much at any track that ran all summer.

We are looking for that each truck has the stock speedo, tires, stock shocks, stock motor that came in the kit (in the Associated SC10 we will be teching for the stock brushes and springs and making sure no one is drilling or doing anything other than comm drops to the brushes). No after market diffs, shock shafts no extra drilled camber links (the Slash racers may trim the bulkhead to make clearance for the camber link as per what Traxxas Steve Sladon posted in his thread on the Spec Slash) No modifying the stock tires at all. You can make the air hole in the rim larger but that is the only modification allowed. Tire compound is also allowed.

Any questions on the rules please see me.

Thanks
Brian
__________________
Castle Creations (Since 2005) Just awesome products
Bumps & Jumps RC (Great Indoor facility for offroad and oval)
ST Racing Concepts (STRC)
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bumps and Jumps 08, 09 season brian mills Racing Forum 1767 10-09-2009 01:27 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:49 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net