Search

Bumps and Jumps 09/10 offroad season

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 06:31 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KHoff7
well last time I ran stock with you I had to go to work that was for sure.
Yeah I thought I was on offroad as much as my car was up on 2 wheels.
Old 10-09-2009, 06:33 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by ultegrasti
slash arrived. might just slap correct connector and a receiver in and ponder 2mrw. not certain.

i did unsell my 008. just couldnt do it. and find out 2day that mimi's got carpet nats on top of that.

sadly the t4 i bought is a pile of junk. ugh.

R
That sucks on the T4. I saw the Nats where at Mimis. Good for her. They did alot to fix the place up so nice to see it pay off for her.

I'm going to run at PS if the weather holds out. We didn't get a ton of rain last night so after my 2pm appointment I'm going to PS to look at the track.
Old 10-09-2009, 08:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I was wondering what the plans on for Slash and electric CORR trucks are going to be. I was pondering making a purchase and knowing what the rules and classes are going to be would really help.

Slash spec would certainly be the cheapest way to go but I cant help but want to build a brushless SC10 with the option to run better tires.

I can certainly understand wanting to keep a stock Slash class but think the addition of a short course mod class could be beneficial. It would mean those who chose other 2wd electric CORR trucks could race and promote the sales of hop-ups and optional tires too. I could see many people potentially running both classes.
Old 10-09-2009, 08:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Miller I though you moved to timbuctoo
How you been?

Plan is to run a mod class - We will certainly know more after next weeks opening day. Slash's are plenty fast - only about a second of mod buggy.
Old 10-09-2009, 09:28 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by PTP Racing
I was wondering what the plans on for Slash and electric CORR trucks are going to be. I was pondering making a purchase and knowing what the rules and classes are going to be would really help.

Slash spec would certainly be the cheapest way to go but I cant help but want to build a brushless SC10 with the option to run better tires.

I can certainly understand wanting to keep a stock Slash class but think the addition of a short course mod class could be beneficial. It would mean those who chose other 2wd electric CORR trucks could race and promote the sales of hop-ups and optional tires too. I could see many people potentially running both classes.
Hey Jason. The plan that me and CHris have been working on is to run the Slash SPec class and allow the Strike and SC10 as well. Trucks must run stock tires that came with the kit. Can change all the standard stuff like gearing, radio, oils, camber links and so on. ALum shock caps allowed on the Slash and the SC10. You can add weight if you like. Stock speedos and motors that came with the truck. The HPI BLitz will run this after we get one and can test with it. Initial findings that I hear on the Blitz is it has the best tires of all of them but the slowest motor.

2nd class is Open SCT trucks. Slash, SC10, BLitz, and Strike right now, 2 cell 7.4 lipo, any SCT tire (Proline or J COncepts) not 1/8th scale tire conversions on any of the brands. I know its open but not looking for tire wars here still want the class to be somewhat affordable. Can run brushless or brushed if one would like. Honestly any more than an 8.5 would more than likely be way more than ever needed.

This is right now what we are shooting for. We are going to see how everything goes for the first few weeks in the SPEC class and keep tabs on what trucks do what. The open class is pretty much set.

I expect both classes to have good showings. I plan on doing a SLash open truck down the road. I know Bryan at SMC is doing an mod SCT and a SPec one as well. Many others are looking at both classes as well.

Regular mod truck and buggy will be big this year again and some 4wd as well. I expect some good turnouts this year for offroad. Look forward to the best season of oval/offroad at Bumps and Jumps ever.

The effort Chris, his wife, and staff have been doing for the last few weeks is crazy. Opening day everyone will see all the new paint, benches, electric wiring of the benches, shop painting and reorganized plus many more things still to come. We at Bumps are looking forward to this years racing like never before. We have more help than ever and lots of people to help everyone out.

Anyone needs anything come see me at Bumps along with Brian Bowie. We will be running the shop so Chris can actually race a little and go around and chat with all the racers.

BRian
Old 10-09-2009, 10:19 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trickedyfz450
Cant wait till bumps season starts!!! I have had enough of this weather!!!!
Yeah, seriously!
Old 10-09-2009, 11:01 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

looks like it might bite again 2nite. if it was less dicey, i'd throw a spare receiver in and the stock speedo already has deans on it. so it was just a receiver and go for my slash. dont like that radar though.

just 1 more wk folks

R
Old 10-09-2009, 11:05 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Last wk the nfl wore pink, next wk we'll be wearing Pinks*

*Slash not included. Void where prohibited. Not available in Maryland. May cause cancer or bleeding the eyes. Contact your doctor at the first sign of vision loss. May also cause uncontrolled bladder episodes. Other affects may include Reigle Mortis. Lipos not included. No warranty expressed or implied. Do not drive or operate machinery. 'Pinks' is a registered trademark of Horizon Hobby and Team Losi, not Rich Christensen.
Old 10-09-2009, 05:32 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by ultegrasti
looks like it might bite again 2nite. if it was less dicey, i'd throw a spare receiver in and the stock speedo already has deans on it. so it was just a receiver and go for my slash. dont like that radar though.

just 1 more wk folks

R
I went to PS today at 3pm and someone drove the tractor around the whole track and tore it up. I stepped on the track with my shoe and it caked up a ton so how would you not know it was going to tear it up a ton and then keep driving around the track doing more damage. Plus no one ever posted that racing was canceled. I just don't know if they really care to even have a track let alone care for the racers. Just don't seem like anyone has any pride.

If I took on the task to run the track and made that commitment I would fullfill my duties for the year and do it with pride. It is a reflection of the guys running the show on how good or bad the place is. In this day and age no one cares about doing things right as it is a lost art thats for sure. Just a reflection of how this country is nowadays.

Oh well next weekend it indoors so we will never have to worry about rain outs again and tractors tearing up the track. Just time to race.
Old 10-09-2009, 11:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

Just wondering if you guys have seen the new 4wd Slash thats supposed to be out in December? It's pretty sweet and could definetly be a good box stock class in the future. It even comes with a 7 cell pack!
Old 10-10-2009, 02:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I hope they race them at B&J. Got to on back order.
Old 10-10-2009, 02:31 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by demondog
Just wondering if you guys have seen the new 4wd Slash thats supposed to be out in December? It's pretty sweet and could definetly be a good box stock class in the future. It even comes with a 7 cell pack!
I'm sure once we get enough of them we will figure out what to do with them and what rules to run with them. Where trying not to have too many classes but these trucks will be super cool. I'm sure Chris will be putting one or two on backorder.
Old 10-11-2009, 01:33 PM
Tech Regular

The BLITZ should be here by next Friday. Bodies are painted but I need to rebuild 8 shocks, break in 1 Slash motor and fill the diff and I think I'll be ready for next Sunday. We had originally planned on 8 or so coming but as usual, only a few of us are ride or die..haha...So, it looks like we may be bringing 5-6 at most but that's better than just me coming up. I know you guys have been working extremely hard to renovate and make the 09-10 season much more racer friendly and I can't thank the B&J crew enough, but, like a few others that have requested...PEASE GIVE SOME PICS!!! It's only 7 days away but I'd really like to see the changes that have been made. I will be bringing a Spec Slah & Brushless SC10 with a Traxxas Velineon installed. I figure it will be more than enough and since I had it stored in a box getting no use, it's the last piece in that puzzle. If anyone has a way to contact Chris ? It would be nice to have him back racing as well. Sorry I can't remember his last name but he was the guy that beat me in the Slash A @ the Elite Nats. I gave him my # at the last race but have never heard from him.

Bryan
Old 10-11-2009, 04:22 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Bryan@SMC
The BLITZ should be here by next Friday. Bodies are painted but I need to rebuild 8 shocks, break in 1 Slash motor and fill the diff and I think I'll be ready for next Sunday. We had originally planned on 8 or so coming but as usual, only a few of us are ride or die..haha...So, it looks like we may be bringing 5-6 at most but that's better than just me coming up. I know you guys have been working extremely hard to renovate and make the 09-10 season much more racer friendly and I can't thank the B&J crew enough, but, like a few others that have requested...PEASE GIVE SOME PICS!!! It's only 7 days away but I'd really like to see the changes that have been made. I will be bringing a Spec Slah & Brushless SC10 with a Traxxas Velineon installed. I figure it will be more than enough and since I had it stored in a box getting no use, it's the last piece in that puzzle. If anyone has a way to contact Chris ? It would be nice to have him back racing as well. Sorry I can't remember his last name but he was the guy that beat me in the Slash A @ the Elite Nats. I gave him my # at the last race but have never heard from him.

Bryan
Bryan I will take some pics. Upstairs is almost done. I think Chris and Jackie are finishing up the painting tonight and I think Chris has the wiring all done.

Bryan it sounds like you have alot to do to get ready. 5 or 6 racers coming with you is great. Look forward to seeing everyone this weekend. Chris is very excited for opening day and seeing how everyone likes all the improvements.
Old 10-11-2009, 04:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Hey Brian, Corey from York here. Just sent you a pm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.