Search

Bumps and Jumps 09/10 offroad season

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 11:00 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ultegrasti
good thing there's 2/4wheel mod buggy. u poor guys and ur truck rules. ugh.

R
Its not bad if everyone would just follow the rules we have just like ever other track has. I know if I go to lets say Wolcot the SCT trucks are open modifications and 17.5. That fine that is their rules and I will do what I need to so I can race.

Are track rules for SCT is what for the past two years worked great for us and the amount of Spec and Pro Spec racers are excellent every week. Are intentions is not to ruin this class that has been working for us and go tons of new racers involved. We have a MOD SCT class, Mod buggy, mod stadium trucks and 4wd open SCT if you want to run hot brushless systems and try to go faster. We try to keep are SCT class are a cheap entry class and then Pro for the good guys that are on tight budgets or just love the class and enjoy running at least one cheaper class.

Hey every track will have some rules reacers don't like but those are the rules. Just like Nascar, drag racing, motorcross, and every other form of racing has. Not sure why R/C racing is so different and people feel the need to complain about them. We have a ton of open type classes to cover everyone.
Old 03-04-2010, 11:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
As long as the SXX isn't the new version that they just came out with we should be ok. The original SXX was for mod racing and don't add lots of timing.
I disagree on the the original SXX TC which is what you are referring to. It adds everybit as much timing. Tom Stober was running that up until a few weeks ago and I can attest that it adds even more timing than the SPX. It still has 8 throttle profiles, 4 tame ones, and 4 insane ones. Yes it was meant for mod, but I can say that it still does wonders for stock motors.
Old 03-04-2010, 11:10 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by PsycoB4
I have a sphere old ass sphere and a 17.5 novak BL motor. Im slower than a stock SC Truck, And this was proven at Motorama. So I dont see why there should be an issue. Even if you have Throttle Profile guys. Who says they are using it or want to use it. Do you always want to go FAST??? I thought Slow and steady won the race??
I agree, slow and steady win the race, but if someone is putting you down a second on the straight aways due to higher rpms from increasing timing, and at the end of the race you are 17 seconds off the leader, people will begin to see the difference. If everyone were honest and only ran profile number one, then it would not be a problem. Whether you can program from a pc or from the speed controller it still going to cause problems just like touring car. It's turned into the speed control wars and there does not seem to be a spec type speed control that to keep it within bounds. Brushless has changed the playing field in this respect.
Old 03-04-2010, 11:10 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I think that is cool that you guys are doing that for your trophy race. And WYD I do have the original sxx not the sxx stock spec so I am good. Also I can assure you that the brushed motors are still just as quick if not quicker at our local track. However if your guys want me to put my throttle profile on setting 1 instead of 2 which I am currently at I will be more than happy to do so. Thanks again.
Old 03-04-2010, 11:16 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 42 (96%+)

Originally Posted by jmackani
I agree, slow and steady win the race, but if someone is putting you down a second on the straight aways due to higher rpms from increasing timing, and at the end of the race you are 17 seconds off the leader, people will begin to see the difference. If everyone were honest and only ran profile number one, then it would not be a problem. Whether you can program from a pc or from the speed controller it still going to cause problems just like touring car. It's turned into the speed control wars and there does not seem to be a spec type speed control that to keep it within bounds. Brushless has changed the playing field in this respect.
Well I know I dont have any profiles, I just have the old sphere the first one that came out. for this reason because it is basically a brushed esc.
And those who run a Tougher profile, that only gives what Higher RPMS? I doubt you will see ANY difference or maybe worse for those who are amatuers and want to go faster.

If people are smart and know what they are doing with Brushed motors, Those who know how to break them in correctly will also help with speed and how the motor works. There are many techniques to getting more speed. We all know this from when we ran brushed motors.

We will stay on this topic for hours. I just say make the Rules now and let everyone know. That way there is no fuss or aggrivation.

Does anyone know if we are doing a C rating Limit on the Batteries?
Old 03-04-2010, 11:17 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Sohlman113
I think that is cool that you guys are doing that for your trophy race. And WYD I do have the original sxx not the sxx stock spec so I am good. Also I can assure you that the brushed motors are still just as quick if not quicker at our local track. However if your guys want me to put my throttle profile on setting 1 instead of 2 which I am currently at I will be more than happy to do so. Thanks again.
Chicken You Cheater!!!
Old 03-04-2010, 11:25 AM
Tech Champion

Well I know I dont have any profiles, I just have the old sphere the first one that came out. for this reason because it is basically a brushed esc.
And those who run a Tougher profile, that only gives what Higher RPMS? I doubt you will see ANY difference or maybe worse for those who are amatuers and want to go faster.

If people are smart and know what they are doing with Brushed motors, Those who know how to break them in correctly will also help with speed and how the motor works. There are many techniques to getting more speed. We all know this from when we ran brushed motors.

We will stay on this topic for hours. I just say make the Rules now and let everyone know. That way there is no fuss or aggrivation.

Does anyone know if we are doing a C rating Limit on the Batteries?
The amperage rating of the speed control would be the easiest way to limit the esc's. I am curious what the sphere ones is. The SXX TC spec is 764. And if we think the LRP's are not messing with timing this quote is directly from their manual "ADPC2™ Power Profiles: Advanced Digital Phase Control results in more power and better driveability. Depending
on the status of the car (start, acceleration, full speed) the software calculates the perfect motor management
by adjusting current limiter, motor timing, throttle curve and more! Higher value means more overall power
and aggressive response."
Old 03-04-2010, 11:41 AM
Suspended

The amperage rating of the speed control would be the easiest way to limit the esc's. I am curious what the sphere ones is. The SXX TC spec is 764. And if we think the LRP's are not messing with timing this quote is directly from their manual "ADPC2™ Power Profiles: Advanced Digital Phase Control results in more power and better driveability. Depending
on the status of the car (start, acceleration, full speed) the software calculates the perfect motor management
by adjusting current limiter, motor timing, throttle curve and more! Higher value means more overall power
and aggressive response."
We are talking about a " Speed Control " It really matters on " Drivers Performance " You can give me the fastest buggy, out there but I bet Ill lose! Why because Im new to this and dont know much. But give me a drift car and Ill show you wonders.=)
Old 03-04-2010, 11:47 AM
Tech Champion

We are talking about a " Speed Control " It really matters on " Drivers Performance " You can give me the fastest buggy, out there but I bet Ill lose! Why because Im new to this and dont know much. But give me a drift car and Ill show you wonders.=)
Agree driver performance is part of the equation. Like Brian said, there is always a mod class if you don't like the spec rules.

I just looked up the sphere tc or the predecessor to the sxx tc and it's rated at 400 amps and it still has 4 different adpc profiles. So, you see by the current ratings the types of advances that are going on in these speed controllers. Both the sxx stock spec which is the newest and the sxx tc spec are rated at 764 amps.

I know we all focus on the speed controls, but the timing can be advanced on the motors themselves too. And not all 17.5 motors are the same if you look at the numbers from each manufacturer.

For 5 minute heats, batteries are not going to be a huge difference, but run 10 and 15 and you will see the brushless systems are far more efficient.
Old 03-04-2010, 12:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)

Retracted

Last edited by Raul Garcia; 03-04-2010 at 01:05 PM.
Old 03-04-2010, 12:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

WOW - this may not be the way to go from my phone blowing up
before we make this final.
I need to hear from everyone, I am not interested in making any of the weekly racers upset.
I am not sure if the 17.5 motor is faster - I believe it is not, from everything I have read on the net.
I don't know if I am interested in changing the rules in the middle of the season.
So let me know your opinion, and let me know if you would change to a brushless setup is we allowed the change.
Thanks
Chris
Old 03-04-2010, 12:25 PM
Suspended

For 5 minute heats, batteries are not going to be a huge difference, but run 10 and 15 and you will see the brushless systems are far more efficient.

This is False in my Eyes. And to tell you the truth. I rather Run a 7cell NIMH with my BL System. But the battery is dead after 5-6 Laps. A 17.5T Motor Drains the Batteries way more than a 19T brushed motor does. You can read #'s and look up all the info you want. Why is SPEED Always a Concern?? Who cares what they run. I bet " THE BETTER DRIVER " will win.
To give you an example. Chicken little Did a 19.0 lap with a out the box Kyosho sct. I go wow. I wasnt even hitting that with my 13.5t Kyosho Rb5 sp.
Old 03-04-2010, 12:26 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by chris mckinney
WOW - this may not be the way to go from my phone blowing up
before we make this final.
I need to hear from everyone, I am not interested in making any of the weekly racers upset.
I am not sure if the 17.5 motor is faster - I believe it is not, from everything I have read on the net.
I don't know if I am interested in changing the rules in the middle of the season.
So let me know your opinion, and let me know if you would change to a brushless setup is we allowed the change.
Thanks
Chris
Can we have our own Class Chris?? The Brushless 17.5t Class?? That would be cool. We were going to do that at Motorama, but then after a few qualifiers they kept it the same, because BRUSHED WERE FASTER.
Old 03-04-2010, 12:29 PM
Tech Addict

Hey Chris I dont you think you read WYD's post but he is going to allow us to run 17.5 Brushless systems in the stock class for the Trophy race. You just cant run a timing advance speedo. Sphere and SXX non stock spec is legal.
Old 03-04-2010, 12:31 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Sohlman113
Hey Chris I dont you think you read WYD's post but he is going to allow us to run 17.5 Brushless systems in the stock class for the Trophy race. You just cant run a timing advance speedo. Sphere and SXX non stock spec is legal.
I did, I am just speaking and talking. I know what was said Jon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.