Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LCRC Racway - Oakland Mills, PA *NEW TRACK*

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 05:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

You guys are on the right train of thought with the drainage. That's one of the most important things about a track, how quick can you get on it after a rain. It's taken me over 2 years to get it down to 3 or 4 little puddles after a good hard rain. My problem right now is the water table is so high and all of my drainage is so full of water that it has no where to go. I wish I had more fall around the track to get the water further away. It's the simple things that you can do before you even start the build that are so important.
Old 04-12-2011, 05:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

I have my track built on just the slightest slope in my field but theres a few low spots that puddle up and stay wet forever. I got it to the point that theres only one spot that puddles up ON the track, now it just lays next to the track which is just as bad. I gotta fill in some low spots and make some spots more of a slope to keep the water flowing off and not puddle up. Once its all straight and ready to go you guys are more than welcome to swing by and check it out sometime
Old 04-12-2011, 06:49 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by lcrc_raceway
You guys are on the right train of thought with the drainage. That's one of the most important things about a track, how quick can you get on it after a rain. It's taken me over 2 years to get it down to 3 or 4 little puddles after a good hard rain. My problem right now is the water table is so high and all of my drainage is so full of water that it has no where to go. I wish I had more fall around the track to get the water further away. It's the simple things that you can do before you even start the build that are so important.
Ya don't want it to look like this or this happens oh well what can ya do when it has just stopped raining
Attached Thumbnails LCRC Racway - Oakland Mills, PA *NEW TRACK*-droid-phone-141.jpg  
Old 04-12-2011, 08:02 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mxnickj
I have my track built on just the slightest slope in my field but theres a few low spots that puddle up and stay wet forever. I got it to the point that theres only one spot that puddles up ON the track, now it just lays next to the track which is just as bad. I gotta fill in some low spots and make some spots more of a slope to keep the water flowing off and not puddle up. Once its all straight and ready to go you guys are more than welcome to swing by and check it out sometime
I love going to new places to run, that's what makes you a better driver. I to have had the "beside the track" water problems in the past, they seem to be the hardest to get rid of. I'm sure if you keep working at you will succeed. I think back to my first couple attempts and boy did I have a ton of issues, and after time I got most of them figured out. Even last season, I thought I could pile on thousands of gallons of water the day and night before and that would get us through the race day without watering. Come to find out that doesn't work at all, you need to water between every round, that's what makes the track groove up really nice. Like they always say, live and learn. And when you stop learning, it's time to give it up.
Old 04-12-2011, 08:06 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Landscaper
Ya don't want it to look like this or this happens oh well what can ya do when it has just stopped raining
It's not easy to build a track and have it perfect for every race day. Some times mother nature just doesn't like you, and those times are super tough to deal with but you have to keep working at it and hope that some day you can beat her at her own game. I'm sure the guys at Awsome will put on an awsome event, I just hope that I get to be there and support them.
Old 04-13-2011, 03:34 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by lcrc_raceway
It's not easy to build a track and have it perfect for every race day. Some times mother nature just doesn't like you, and those times are super tough to deal with but you have to keep working at it and hope that some day you can beat her at her own game. I'm sure the guys at Awsome will put on an awsome event, I just hope that I get to be there and support them.
Thanks Kevin and that was a pic from the monsoon last weekend.
Old 04-13-2011, 03:51 AM
Tech Master

I was thinking if mother nature keeps this up maybe we can start racing these.
Attached Thumbnails LCRC Racway - Oakland Mills, PA *NEW TRACK*-sp-ls-swampbuggy20_t607.jpg  
Old 04-13-2011, 04:00 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Smile

Originally Posted by Landscaper
I was thinking if mother nature keeps this up maybe we can start racing these.
Saw they raced them in video games but didn't think they were actually real. Haha!
Old 04-13-2011, 05:01 PM
OSR
Tech Fanatic

Default ED327!!!!!

Ed, I think I found you a body for your truggyLCRC Racway - Oakland Mills, PA *NEW TRACK*-%24-kgrhqeokpwe1q0fg0g7bnpfwvwt-%7E%7E_3.jpg
Old 04-13-2011, 05:53 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by OSR
Ed, I think I found you a body for your truggyAttachment 737747
Nice!! haha
Old 04-13-2011, 07:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

SC classses where are the rules?
Old 04-13-2011, 07:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default sct rules

Originally Posted by Team T2C
SC classses where are the rules?
Kevin posted them awhile back, maybe he can edit and add them to the first post. Anyway.
sc is box stock "slash only" class
A 17.5 class boost allowed, any (short course only) tires, sc bodys must cover tires.
4x4/mod sct , sc tires and body, must be production 4x4 10th scale chassis.
All classes are limited to 2 cell lipo.
Old 04-13-2011, 07:51 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Nighthawk
Kevin posted them awhile back, maybe he can edit and add them to the first post. Anyway.
sc is box stock "slash only" class
A 17.5 class boost allowed, any (short course only) tires, sc bodys must cover tires.
4x4/mod sct , sc tires and body, must be production 4x4 10th scale chassis.
All classes are limited to 2 cell lipo.
sorry if this sounds dumb, but if you run the 17.5 boost then it is 2wd and 4wd trucks?
Old 04-13-2011, 07:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Shawn

17.5 I think it;s pretty much Roar rules. and 2WD
Old 04-13-2011, 07:57 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jac9
Shawn

17.5 I think it;s pretty much Roar rules. and 2WD

so why did he say 4wd?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.