Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LCRC Racway - Oakland Mills, PA *NEW TRACK*

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2010, 09:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 154 (100%+)

great time, great people, great food, great track! I will be back, now just to work on my driving!! Thanks Kevin and all for putting on a great time!
Old 09-26-2010, 01:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

HAD ALOT OF FUN THERE YESTERDAY. WE WILL BE BACK NEXT MONTH.
HOPEFULLY YOU ALL CAN MAKE IT TO OUR TRACK, TOO. GREAT FOLKS, AND TRACK.
ROBIN
Old 09-26-2010, 01:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

sorry i couldnt make it out guys..landlord teneant issues..well i was the tenant and he took all my rc gear for leverage...not going to tell the whole story..but he calls me today to say that he will be giving my stuff back to me on wed.

so ill be there the 9th...

lol i would of only been lap traffic for mazzarra anyways...lol

sounds like you guys had loads of fun...

keep up the good work lcrc
Old 09-26-2010, 06:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Big tanks to Kevin and track crew and also to the "heavy lifting crew" that hauled my a$$ up to the drivers stand!! Extra thanks to Jason M. and Brian D for getting my ESC all set up in the morning. Too bad it was the old school Tekin and didnt make it through the day. The new "handicapped" addition to the drivers stand is AWESOME!! Makes it nice for the guys in the chairs to be out a lil further and easier to see, along with not obstructing the view of the other drivers.!!

Congratz to JD and Anthony on the wins, I had the speed in SCT but JD just plain old out drove me and raced me clean, I dont mind losing in a good clean race. Can't wait till the 9th i'll be there!!!
Old 09-26-2010, 07:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default Mitch Moore

Anyone know what screenname Mitch uses so I can send him a PM?
Old 09-27-2010, 05:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (98%+)

Had a good time . Got sick around lunch just wasnt feeling that great so we left early, but congrats to JD and Anthony for there total domination. Be back on the 9th to give it another shot and this time my tires will stay on the rims. not good.
Old 09-27-2010, 04:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thanks agian to all that made the long trip to LCRC, I means a lot to us to have such a good group of racers gather at our track to race with each other. Major track change next week, Oct 9th with be a club race and Oct 30th will be our season finally cash race. Please stay tuned to our track locator forum for details.

Special thanks to Bill & Donna for all of their help.

Thanks,

Kevin.
Old 09-28-2010, 09:48 AM
Tech Master

Default Tuesday open practice

After the dry track over the weekend we finally got some much needed rain over the last 36 hours. The track is actually in prime shape other than a few of the holes from Saturday. We will be having practice tonight from 5 to 10pm. This will be your last chance to run the current track layout. Construction on the new layout will begin on Monday and be finished in time for open practice next Tuesday. I ordered a moisture agent to add to the soil that is supposed to keep the dirt "glued" together and cut down the dust. We're going to test it out on Oct 9th, if it doesn't work good enough we will be trying something different for the Oct 30th race. I will not stop until I have this problem under control.

Thanks

Kevin.
Old 09-29-2010, 12:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

Pictures from the Sept 25th race are now on LCRC's facebook!! Search for LCRC Raceway to find our page.

Make sure you tag yourself in any pictures!

They will also be available on LCRC's Shutterfly later this week.

Thanks to everyone,
Christa
Old 09-29-2010, 01:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lcrc_raceway
After the dry track over the weekend we finally got some much needed rain over the last 36 hours. The track is actually in prime shape other than a few of the holes from Saturday. We will be having practice tonight from 5 to 10pm. This will be your last chance to run the current track layout. Construction on the new layout will begin on Monday and be finished in time for open practice next Tuesday. I ordered a moisture agent to add to the soil that is supposed to keep the dirt "glued" together and cut down the dust. We're going to test it out on Oct 9th, if it doesn't work good enough we will be trying something different for the Oct 30th race. I will not stop until I have this problem under control.

Thanks

Kevin.
Kevin you may want to look into a product called SoilTac http://soiltac.com. The Air Force uses this product and it makes the soil very stable, eliminates wear and suppresses dust. They apply it to the dirt and it provides surface quality in which they can safely land aircraft. Good Luck.
Old 09-29-2010, 03:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

They use Soiltac on the bmx track at Woodward Camp. It does a great job but is pricey. I brought a gallon of it to Altoona years ago. Ive seen some threads on rctech where they say its corrosive. And you know anything some jack ass says on rctech must be true! So i believe them
Old 09-29-2010, 04:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rallyebmx
They use Soiltac on the bmx track at Woodward Camp. It does a great job but is pricey. I brought a gallon of it to Altoona years ago. Ive seen some threads on rctech where they say its corrosive. And you know anything some jack ass says on rctech must be true! So i believe them
Whoa, pump your brakes!
Old 09-30-2010, 07:20 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RCCARTMAN
Kevin you may want to look into a product called SoilTac http://soiltac.com. The Air Force uses this product and it makes the soil very stable, eliminates wear and suppresses dust. They apply it to the dirt and it provides surface quality in which they can safely land aircraft. Good Luck.
That's actually what I have already ordered, it's 100% biodegradable, and non corosive. I'm going to put it on after the next weeks layout change, this is if this rain stops.

Thanks,

Kevin.
Old 09-30-2010, 10:03 AM
Tech Master

Default Missing House transponders

Hey guys, I need help locating 3 of the house transponders that people forgot to put back after the mains. I'm looking for Yellow 2 & 4 and Green 1 or 6. Please let me know if you have them.

Thanks,

Kevin.
Old 10-01-2010, 06:25 AM
Tech Master

Default over 5 inches of rain

My rain gauge only goes up to 5 inches and it was over flowing so who knows how much rain we really got. The good news is that the new drainage works great, if today was a race day, we'd be on the track right now! There are only 2 puddles on the entire track and I could have them blown off and dusted with dry dirt in 10 min or less. So to all you out of town guys, just remember the next time it rains on a Friday night and we are racing Saturday, this place drains like a champ!

Kevin.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.