R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-14-2010, 05:52 PM   #1021
Tech Master
 
Nighthawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Cogan Station, PA.
Posts: 1,859
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default hmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmackani View Post
If you want it for action/motion shots, it's not the way to go. Otherwise, the price is not bad. I love my canon stuff and swear by it.
see i woulda thought it'd be great for that after reading this off the Canon site:

The SX10 IS is equipped with Canon's acclaimed Optical Image Stabilizer Technology that automatically detects and corrects camera shake - one of the leading causes of fuzzy or blurred shots. Even when zoomed in, you can get the steady, crisp, brilliant images you'll be proud to shoot and share. And Canon's Optical Image Stabilizer Technology is convenient to use. It functions perfectly with or without a flash.

is is the stabilizer thing not all you need for nice action shots?
Always wanted a nice Canon lol maybe jump on this then?

oh, any idea's on the vid capabilitys of this camera?, says it does sterio vid at 30fps, which is what my old cam does, but my old cam is a samsung s500 5meg with 3x optical. So the canon should be a huge step up?
have to have you look at it and tell me what you think as far as settings go and such if i buy it.
__________________
WWW.TMRLARGESCALE.COM
Threshold Racing
WWW.RICHFIELDRACEWAY.COM
LCRC "the best offroad on the eastcoast."

Last edited by Nighthawk; 07-14-2010 at 06:07 PM.
Nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 06:03 PM   #1022
Tech Champion
 
jmackani's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Shippensburg
Posts: 5,604
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk View Post
see i woulda thought it'd be great for that after reading this off the Canon site:

The SX10 IS is equipped with Canon's acclaimed Optical Image Stabilizer Technology that automatically detects and corrects camera shake - one of the leading causes of fuzzy or blurred shots. Even when zoomed in, you can get the steady, crisp, brilliant images you'll be proud to shoot and share. And Canon's Optical Image Stabilizer Technology is convenient to use. It functions perfectly with or without a flash.

is is the stabilizer thing not all you need for nice action shots?
Always wanted a nice Canon lol maybe jump on this then?
Blurred images on motion shots are a result of slow shutter speeds. Hence, the need for a dslr which is capable of much higher shutter speeds with lower amounts of light. The image stabilization only really helps the most on up close macro type shots. Notice on canon's website that they don't have any example images of motion shots? Shutter lag is the main problem with motion shots. From the review on digital camera review it definately has a problem with it too: "Continuous shooting rates can be as high as about 1.5 fps, but focus is fixed at the first shot of the series and moving subjects can cause focus problems. There is a continuous shooting mode with AF that offers about 0.7 fps with focus established before each shot. The problem with either mode is that there's a brief blackout after the first shot, and subsequent shots are delayed a bit before being displayed, so panning with moving subjects can be difficult, particularly if you're using the telephoto lens to fill the frame with the subject. With the AF continuous option, there's a blackout period after each shot so the panning exercise becomes even more complicated as the images you see are even more delayed due to the lower frame rate. If you have to pan a long ways on a moving subject, try using the monitor or viewfinder for the first shot and then sort of aim the camera by looking over it at the subject – you can't do much worse than I did trying the viewfinder alone route." I would pass on it if you want it for rc. You can get decent used canon 20 or 30d with lens for about $450 on ebay. I have a 20d and I am more than happy with it's capabilities.

Video is not too bad, but I don't think you should go with anything but HD video now. You either get a decent still camera of a crappy video with combos like this. There are some really cheap HD Video things out now like those Flip Mio things that are cheap and take awesome video for the price.

Last edited by jmackani; 07-14-2010 at 06:22 PM.
jmackani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 06:19 PM   #1023
Tech Master
 
Nighthawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Cogan Station, PA.
Posts: 1,859
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmackani View Post
Blurred images on motion shots are a result of slow shutter speeds. Hence, the need for a dslr which is capable of much higher shutter speeds with lower amounts of light. The image stabilization only really helps the most on up close macro type shots. Notice on canon's website that they don't have any example images of motion shots? Shutter lag is the main problem with motion shots. From the review on digital camera review it definately has a problem with it too: "Continuous shooting rates can be as high as about 1.5 fps, but focus is fixed at the first shot of the series and moving subjects can cause focus problems. There is a continuous shooting mode with AF that offers about 0.7 fps with focus established before each shot. The problem with either mode is that there's a brief blackout after the first shot, and subsequent shots are delayed a bit before being displayed, so panning with moving subjects can be difficult, particularly if you're using the telephoto lens to fill the frame with the subject. With the AF continuous option, there's a blackout period after each shot so the panning exercise becomes even more complicated as the images you see are even more delayed due to the lower frame rate. If you have to pan a long ways on a moving subject, try using the monitor or viewfinder for the first shot and then sort of aim the camera by looking over it at the subject – you can't do much worse than I did trying the viewfinder alone route." I would pass on it if you want it for rc.
nice! thanx Jay, you da man!
plannin for r/c, but not realy looking for a super camera, just something better then the old tired samsung that will no longer open it's shutter door all the way by itself lol.
need something i can take to the track, and get some "sub-pro" pics, but mostly it'll be used outside of the hobby, family, trips, outdoors, ect.
i'm finding it for over $400.00 , so i guess the price is killer

i'm just not looking to spend a whole lot more for a better camera, i would rather put it into a new truggy engine or something lol, so i'm kinda looking at it for the price, and comparing it for that price, what do ya think man?
__________________
WWW.TMRLARGESCALE.COM
Threshold Racing
WWW.RICHFIELDRACEWAY.COM
LCRC "the best offroad on the eastcoast."
Nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 06:26 PM   #1024
Tech Champion
 
jmackani's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Shippensburg
Posts: 5,604
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk View Post
nice! thanx Jay, you da man!
plannin for r/c, but not realy looking for a super camera, just something better then the old tired samsung that will no longer open it's shutter door all the way by itself lol.
need something i can take to the track, and get some "sub-pro" pics, but mostly it'll be used outside of the hobby, family, trips, outdoors, ect.
i'm finding it for over $400.00 , so i guess the price is killer

i'm just not looking to spend a whole lot more for a better camera, i would rather put it into a new truggy engine or something lol, so i'm kinda looking at it for the price, and comparing it for that price, what do ya think man?
Buy the truggy engine and I will let you use mine. I always have it with me, but don't always get the time to break them out. I have worked my way up through cameras like this and I can tell you just save your money until you can get the dslr. The others are always going to blur and you will never be satisfied. After using mine and learning the camera it will help you make a better decision.
jmackani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 06:41 PM   #1025
Tech Master
 
Nighthawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Cogan Station, PA.
Posts: 1,859
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default lol

ok i think your missing my point lol,
this price "$240" is kinda close to the ceiling of what i would ever pay for any camera, and i'm not finding any dslr's for anywhere near that lol, just looking to replace my old pocket digital with something better. lol
__________________
WWW.TMRLARGESCALE.COM
Threshold Racing
WWW.RICHFIELDRACEWAY.COM
LCRC "the best offroad on the eastcoast."
Nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 06:58 PM   #1026
Tech Champion
 
jmackani's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Shippensburg
Posts: 5,604
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk View Post
ok i think your missing my point lol,
this price "$240" is kinda close to the ceiling of what i would ever pay for any camera, and i'm not finding any dslr's for anywhere near that lol, just looking to replace my old pocket digital with something better. lol
Alright, I am going to sound like your wife here on this. Would you be buying a camera if your buddy didn't have this deal? Might help in your decision. At least you know what you want to spend and I think that is a good camera in your price range.
jmackani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 07:12 PM   #1027
Tech Master
 
Nighthawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Cogan Station, PA.
Posts: 1,859
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default nice! lol

[QUOTE=jmackani;7671733]Alright, I am going to sound%
__________________
WWW.TMRLARGESCALE.COM
Threshold Racing
WWW.RICHFIELDRACEWAY.COM
LCRC "the best offroad on the eastcoast."
Nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 04:01 AM   #1028
Tech Master
 
lcrc_raceway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Oakland Mills PA
Posts: 1,146
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default July 10th pics

Here is the link to all of our pics from July 10th, lcrcracing.shutterfly.com

Here are the podium pics from July 10th
Attached Thumbnails
LCRC Racway - Oakland Mills, PA *NEW TRACK*-e-scale-podium-july-10th.jpg   LCRC Racway - Oakland Mills, PA *NEW TRACK*-buggy-podium-july-10th.jpg   LCRC Racway - Oakland Mills, PA *NEW TRACK*-truggy-podium-july-10th.jpg   LCRC Racway - Oakland Mills, PA *NEW TRACK*-sct-spec-podium-july-10th.jpg  
lcrc_raceway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 09:21 AM   #1029
Tech Addict
 
Wildbillsphotos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Hammonton, New Jersey
Posts: 601
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Wildbillsphotos
Default

Boy that guy in the middle in E buggy and Truggy, what a hack!
__________________
Life is too short - Hug your kid's often!
Adopt a pet and save a life!
Visit My Website: www.WildBillsPhotos.com
Mel's Shells-n-Sticky Things!
Wildbillsphotos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 03:36 PM   #1030
Tech Master
 
Nighthawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Cogan Station, PA.
Posts: 1,859
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Is it Aug 21st yet?!?!?!?!?!



i like how a couple of the winners posed without wheels and tires, must be a new illegal tire on the black market, or the losi 17mm hex's are working good there....lol
__________________
WWW.TMRLARGESCALE.COM
Threshold Racing
WWW.RICHFIELDRACEWAY.COM
LCRC "the best offroad on the eastcoast."
Nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 03:41 PM   #1031
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Martinsburg ,wv
Posts: 360
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

I can't believe nobody has video of the truggy race!
blacksunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 06:49 PM   #1032
Tech Master
 
lcrc_raceway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Oakland Mills PA
Posts: 1,146
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Tuesday night open practice is on, track will be open from 5 till 10pm. Normal fees apply, $10. See you guys tomorrow.

Thanks,

Kevin
lcrc_raceway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 04:02 PM   #1033
Tech Elite
 
rallyebmx's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,864
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

A different rendition of 'Daytona turn to ant hill'
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
__________________
cpaurl
rallyebmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 04:30 PM   #1034
Tech Elite
 
rallyebmx's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,864
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Practice tomorrow, Tues night 5-10pm is on! Ill be traveling again this weekend so no Ohio fair race or anything rc This will be my only fix tomorrow
__________________
cpaurl
rallyebmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 10:35 PM   #1035
Tech Elite
 
rallyebmx's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,864
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

cant wait to see the track changes! this forum is buzzing with enthusiasm!
__________________
cpaurl
rallyebmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:41 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net