Old 03-31-2010, 06:04 PM   #571
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmackani View Post
Matt,

Is Rayden going to run also?
Jason,
I would like for him to get out and race some rc in the summer.but he's a kid who likes to play.so I will have to wait and see what happens.
Old 03-31-2010, 07:34 PM   #572
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default oohhh yyeeaahh

MAN! i cant wait!, this season is going to be one thing, and one thing only SSIICCCKKK!! lol
very well stated Kevin, looking forward to running this year, and am realy excited to run the 4x4 slash out there! glad to here (and i'm sure Jay will agree) about the open motor and battery rule, as i'm going with the mamba pro/novak 4.5 hv in my 4x4.
cant wait!
if you guys have any set days (besides this weekend, as i'm on call) that you will be working on the track, i'd love to help, let me know!

I-Zuk
LCRC "the best offroad on the eastcoast."
Nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 06:42 AM   #573
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to Victory Side

Well I did it. i am officially all electric this year. I have a tekin 2000kv for the trug coming and Im going to keep the 2200 castle for the bug.

It looks like Ill be in a class of my own.......Boooooyah!

I may do a Cleary and run every class out there. But that is yet unclear!!!

Cant wait to get on this awesome track and have some fun racing. If you want to find me Ill be the one not complaining and just having fun!!! unless you want to talk about spec sct, then I might complain. Go 21.5!!!!
Victory Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 08:40 AM   #574
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Aaron,

Are those kv numbers low? I know in the SCT 4x4's we are going to be running from 4800 to 5700 kv's if I recall. I have a buddy that has the castle 7700 in his ofna hyper, but it sure drains a battery stupid fast.
jmackani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 08:42 AM   #575
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk View Post
MAN! i cant wait!, this season is going to be one thing, and one thing only SSIICCCKKK!! lol
very well stated Kevin, looking forward to running this year, and am realy excited to run the 4x4 slash out there! glad to here (and i'm sure Jay will agree) about the open motor and battery rule, as i'm going with the mamba pro/novak 4.5 hv in my 4x4.
cant wait!
if you guys have any set days (besides this weekend, as i'm on call) that you will be working on the track, i'd love to help, let me know!

I-Zuk
I am with you I-Zuk, let them fly. John L. ran his jammin last week at G's with the mamba pro/4.5 combo and it's insane. I think he is going out tonight and I will try and get some video.
Old 04-01-2010, 01:37 PM   #576
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmackani View Post
Aaron,

Are those kv numbers low? I know in the SCT 4x4's we are going to be running from 4800 to 5700 kv's if I recall. I have a buddy that has the castle 7700 in his ofna hyper, but it sure drains a battery stupid fast.
Jason,

Yes those KV's are correct. They are a bigger motor and can create more power from a lower kv rating. That is why I am surprised some of the 4x4 guys don't get a 1400kv buggy setup http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXWZJ6&P=SM. I would think it would run for quite awhile. I know last year when I ran the 2200 setup in my buggy I was making 20min races. But I would want to see what they do on 3s. I have only run with 4s and they are insane.
Old 04-01-2010, 01:55 PM   #577
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Aaron...I might just have to run my electric buggy with your electric buggy and see who wins!!!

Today is April fools day right...

C.R.
lovell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 01:56 PM   #578
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Nitro for life!!!!
lovell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 02:30 PM   #579
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovell View Post
Aaron...I might just have to run my electric buggy with your electric buggy and see who wins!!!

Today is April fools day right...

C.R.
It is April fools, but Ill tell ya what aint no joke. A nitro powered buggy with an additional bl system. That can run in nitro right???
Old 04-01-2010, 02:46 PM   #580
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory Side View Post
It is April fools, but Ill tell ya what aint no joke. A nitro powered buggy with an additional bl system. That can run in nitro right???
yes...yes i do believe it can
duratrax evader st
Matrix R2 buggy
squatchy2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 02:49 PM   #581
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default motors

Jay, yeah, like Aaron said, thats right on, the motors are alot bigger then the hv's which are 550's (like stock slash motors in size)

and Aaron, the reason, from what i've been reading, is that the bigger and heavyer motors are to much weight, tq, and not enough rpm.
plus it reqwires a 3-4 cell "heavyer yet" lipo to make them work like the hv on a 2 cell.

the novak hv's are only slightly heavyer then the stock stuff, but have more grunt and run way cooler, which we all know the stock vxl stuff in the 4x4 has heat issuies when pushed hard, or when using a 3 cell.

Jay, would love to see some vid! is he running 2 cell's?
from what i've read, this setup with only a 2 cell has the power to move around in the air well, like the truck will with the stock setup on a 3 cell.
LCRC "the best offroad on the eastcoast."
Nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 04:44 PM   #582
Tech Champion

Quote:
Jason,

Yes those KV's are correct. They are a bigger motor and can create more power from a lower kv rating. That is why I am surprised some of the 4x4 guys don't get a 1400kv buggy setup http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXWZJ6&P=SM. I would think it would run for quite awhile. I know last year when I ran the 2200 setup in my buggy I was making 20min races. But I would want to see what they do on 3s. I have only run with 4s and they are insane.
4s would explain the difference. Most of the 4x4's only need to run 2s.
Old 04-01-2010, 04:47 PM   #583
Tech Champion

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk View Post
Jay, yeah, like Aaron said, thats right on, the motors are alot bigger then the hv's which are 550's (like stock slash motors in size)

and Aaron, the reason, from what i've been reading, is that the bigger and heavyer motors are to much weight, tq, and not enough rpm.
plus it reqwires a 3-4 cell "heavyer yet" lipo to make them work like the hv on a 2 cell.

the novak hv's are only slightly heavyer then the stock stuff, but have more grunt and run way cooler, which we all know the stock vxl stuff in the 4x4 has heat issuies when pushed hard, or when using a 3 cell.

Jay, would love to see some vid! is he running 2 cell's?
from what i've read, this setup with only a 2 cell has the power to move around in the air well, like the truck will with the stock setup on a 3 cell.
He did not run it tonight, so no video. He is running 2 cell and the slash running 2 cell with him was not even comparable. I think the 3s slash may be closer though.
Old 04-01-2010, 05:18 PM   #584
Tech Master

Couldn't you do like the buggy guys are doing. Go to the highest turn HV 6.5? And if you need more speed go to 3s. It would give longer run times.

And with the buggy motor I would be surprised if you couldn't get enough speed. The Rx8 is programmable just like the rs pro.You could do turbo I think. I would be curious to see the difference in the setups. What other things did you hear Isaac about the tekin setups in the 4x4's? I may be getting into this class as well.
Old 04-01-2010, 05:21 PM   #585
Tech Champion

Quote:
Couldn't you do like the buggy guys are doing. Go to the highest turn HV 6.5? And if you need more speed go to 3s. It would give longer run times.

And with the buggy motor I would be surprised if you couldn't get enough speed. The Rx8 is programmable just like the rs pro.You could do turbo I think. I would be curious to see the difference in the setups. What other things did you hear Isaac about the tekin setups in the 4x4's? I may be getting into this class as well.
Is the rx8 really programmable? I recall John L. thinking about buying one until he found out it is not programmable. I know people are running the rs pro with the novak hv motors, but Tekin is saying it's a bad idea because it was not designed for 1/8 scale motors.