Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum
Family R/C Entertainment coming to Windsor Locks - Poll >

Family R/C Entertainment coming to Windsor Locks - Poll

Family R/C Entertainment coming to Windsor Locks - Poll

Old 08-10-2009, 06:53 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Family R/C Entertainment coming to Windsor Locks - Poll

First let me say this is not a SCAM. We are taking a poll to see if their is enough interest in the community to support a Family R/C Entertainment center consisting of a On-road indoor carpet race track, a seasonal outdoor dirt / On-road track and a indoor slot car track. The location would be in Windsor Locks CT right off Spring Street. The center would offer weekly racing on all tracks as well as track rentals and car rentals while at the track. The atmosphere at the track will be welcoming so that adults and kids will enjoy their time spent. Most importantly R/C (radio control) racing is FUN for all ages.

So what I am asking in this outreach to the local townspeople is that you simply show your support, opinions and feedback with me. As I mentioned this is not a SCAM. I will not fill your Email mailboxes with junk Emails. I am trying to be financially conscious during these economic times. I believe that entertainment like this that doesn't put a big dent in your pockets financially is what we need. If you think this is a place you would enjoy going to whether it be to race or just be a spectator then please send me a reply with a simple Yes or No, Good idea or Bad idea. I appreciate any and all Comments.

Thanks for your time,
Kevin
Old 08-10-2009, 08:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I am interested.
Old 08-10-2009, 09:13 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks Raffaelli for your reply.

Hopefully we will get enough support thru these forums so we can open the R/C track.
Old 08-10-2009, 09:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Well, I'm not sure that'd be a great idea. Not trying to burst your bubble Kevin, but RC Madness is right there in Enfield (their new location is actually a little further south....even closer to Windsor) as it has been for 20+ years with very strong support for everything you mentioned except for the slot car track.
Unless you're dead set on that area, you might be better served to try another location. Perhaps a little further west or south?
Old 08-10-2009, 10:26 AM
Tech Rookie

Diesel,
RC madness closed the location on route 5 Enfield and is now on North road, a residential area further into Enfield not closer from what their sign said. I took a ride over there this weekend and all I saw was a welding shop. They said they were doing races on Sunday but I'm not sure where there cause i saw no outdoor track.

I'm a good half hour away from them regardless. 2 racing tracks I don't think would be competition for each other. It just opens up more racing opps. and different tracks for people.

That's just my opinion.

Thanks for your feedback Diesel. I appreciate all views.
Old 08-11-2009, 08:51 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCRaceways
Diesel,
RC madness closed the location on route 5 Enfield and is now on North road, a residential area further into Enfield not closer from what their sign said. I took a ride over there this weekend and all I saw was a welding shop. They said they were doing races on Sunday but I'm not sure where there cause i saw no outdoor track.

I'm a good half hour away from them regardless. 2 racing tracks I don't think would be competition for each other. It just opens up more racing opps. and different tracks for people.

That's just my opinion.

Thanks for your feedback Diesel. I appreciate all views.
I don't think you made it to the new location, the off road track has been up and running since June and last Sunday we had a TCS race. Also I don't see how your location could a half hour apart, it takes me 1/2 hour to to get to Madness from Wethersfield.
Old 08-11-2009, 12:50 PM
Tech Rookie

Unless there is 2 North Streets in Enfield then I missed seeing it. If it is the North Street right off Elm street about a mile down or so down on the left then I saw nothing but a welding shop, a race car hauler and a house. No sign or anything. Help me out here cause I would like to see the new place. Okay maybe 20-25 minutes then.
Old 08-11-2009, 01:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCRaceways
Unless there is 2 North Streets in Enfield then I missed seeing it. If it is the North Street right off Elm street about a mile down or so down on the left then I saw nothing but a welding shop, a race car hauler and a house. No sign or anything. Help me out here cause I would like to see the new place. Okay maybe 20-25 minutes then.
Its past the welding shop, no sign yet but you can't miss the off road drivers stand.
Old 08-11-2009, 06:15 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks,
I turned at the welding shop because my GPS said it was right there. I'll take a ride out there again this weekend.
Old 08-12-2009, 05:46 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

ya there is def a track there u just didnt go down far enough but i would def be interested in a new place to race the more tracks the better thats my thoughts i mean the tracks can work together to give us dif days maybe they can do something durin the week so we have a place to race nitro durin the week
Old 08-12-2009, 06:38 AM
Tech Rookie

Adamln01,
I felt the same way. The more places to race the better. I'm not looking to compete for business.

Thanks for your feedback..
Old 08-12-2009, 07:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by adamln01
ya there is def a track there u just didnt go down far enough but i would def be interested in a new place to race the more tracks the better thats my thoughts i mean the tracks can work together to give us dif days maybe they can do something durin the week so we have a place to race nitro durin the week
The reason why no one runs nitro during the week is because of the noise. Especially since the new location is more residential then the old.
As far as distance goes......it only takes me 20 minutes on 91 to get from Enfield to Hartdford.......that would place Windsor 5-10 minutes from RCMadness.
If you really want to go for it, then do so. It's just my feeling that you'd pilfer some business from Madness initially and then go out of business ultimately......after not so long. It'd be like six flags opening up another park in Springfield.
Old 08-12-2009, 08:09 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

what do i think. I think the drive is still farther then waterbury so i will stay with mark and john
Old 08-12-2009, 09:39 AM
Tech Rookie

Okay let me dive a bit deeper into what would come to be. The Center in Windsor Locks would not only cater to "R/C Enthusiasts". It will have a slot track as well. Slot tracks i know of are in Vernon and Plainville. If anyone knows of another nearby please let me know. What I find interesting is how some people are against another track. I can understand supporting your local or track that has been in business 20+ years but why would you not want another track, another layout, different people to race against? I don't understand that part of it. Another thing we are thinking is since the location is so big we are also going to be dealing with racing Karts. Not the racing on site per sey. So with these 2 other business functions we are not solely relying on "R/C racing" to keep us in business.

Keep the comments coming. I welcome all.
Old 10-19-2009, 02:53 PM
Tech Regular

really dont think you would stand a chance against madness. chris has a very strong following and has been around for 15-20 years. also anew race facility has opened in chaplin. offroad dirt and onroad pavement. but there is no carpet track up and running as of yet in the area. madness ,i hope, has something in the works.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.