Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum
Family R/C Entertainment coming to Windsor Locks - Poll >

Family R/C Entertainment coming to Windsor Locks - Poll

Family R/C Entertainment coming to Windsor Locks - Poll

Old 10-20-2009, 03:59 PM
Tech Master

First of all i have to chime in on this since i am the only one that knows the area it would take ruffly 20 minutes to get from the madness location to the center of windsor locks. anyone that says they can do it faster is lying its 15 miles i do it everyday folks

now everyone is saying you cant compete you cant do this or that i say go for it right now theor is no carpet track for the sedan and 1/12 guys to run on in the area closest track is fitchburg mass 2 plus hours ..

RcRaceways are you the same owner that used to have the slot car track in windsor locks and are you in rockville center now?

i can only make a suggestion but i say build it right and they will come if you have any other questions feel free to pm me

mark smyka
Old 10-20-2009, 05:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The more tracks means less people at all the tracks to race against. Only so many racers can race at each track. There are Wolcott, Chaplin, and Waterbury for offroad tracks. Windsor Locks is only 15 min.

You can run nitro during the week. The track is open all week. Usually people work so they do not race during the week.

More power to more places to race but there can only be so many place within an hour radius.

Slot Car track would be cool. Since there are none around any more and people do ask me where there is the closet one.

Last edited by CarissaF; 10-20-2009 at 05:17 PM.
Old 10-20-2009, 06:21 PM
Tech Adept

I agree with mark, build it but build it right. I think its great to have a track right in Windsor Locks, it'll attract more people to the hobby. As far as competing with neighboring tracks like madness I think if this new track did open and people that have been to madness go to this new track, they would eventually get the word out about madness and anybody interested would take the short drive to see it.
Old 10-24-2009, 04:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

[QUOTE=CarissaF;6499047]

More power to more places to race but there can only be so many place within an hour radius.

QUOTE]

Exactly my point. Don't tell me ya'll are all ready to jump ship on Chris?
The guy has only been there for 20+ years catering to every racer's needs......including sedan and 1.12 carpet.
Old 10-24-2009, 09:19 AM
Tech Master

jumpship thats funny but fact is right now their is no place to race in the area and if another hobby shop wants to move into windsor locks feel free manchester hobbies was just as far away and they lasted till health issues forced them to close plus if what the owner is saying is true it will be more then just a carpet track slot cars are picking up again all over
Old 10-24-2009, 10:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

what about setting up a track for mini z racing.....
mini zs are 1/28th scale and would fit right in w the slot car crowd....
Old 01-07-2010, 10:36 AM
Tech Rookie

Just wanted to revisit this topic. I have been working on locations in Windsor Locks and finally was able to work a deal with a place on Main Street in Windsor Locks. It's not what we hoped in size but it is a start. It looks like the track we are building will be catering towards the micro / mini class. As someone mentioned they fit in with the slot people. Also we have a Micro reality rental business which we run 1/18 scale on so we figured we would stay with the smaller cars. 1/12 scale might be possible as well. It would be like running a race car on 1/4 mile track and make for fast intense racing. Anyway, we'll be starting the build in the next couple weeks. We are going to setup initially an oval with 15 degree banking.

If anybody has any feedback, suggestions or input i'd like to hear it.

Thanks,

P.S. SMYKA> no we are not the same owners that have the Slot track in Rockville. I know who your talking about though as we are good friends.
Old 01-07-2010, 04:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

So no plans for an outdoor 1/10 or 1/8 scale dirt?????????
Old 09-04-2010, 02:33 PM
Suspended

Any follow-up?

I like racing 1/10th scale sedans - did anything else besides the slot car track take off?

It would be cool to mix it up and race elsewhere, as I would probably get tired of the "same old track" if I raced at the same place all the time.