Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum
Vertigo Raceway - Galveston County, TX >

Vertigo Raceway - Galveston County, TX

Vertigo Raceway - Galveston County, TX

Old 07-06-2009, 04:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Vertigo Raceway - Galveston County, TX

New r/c car raceway being built in Galveston County. Will have on-road, off-road, and rock-crawling tracks.

www.vertigoraceway.com
Old 07-12-2009, 04:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

Help create Vertigo Raceway. We need some help Houston/Galveston area. Please take a minute to complete the survey about the upcoming track/shop. We want to try to meet the needs of our customers by taking surveys on what you want in a shop. Check back weekly for a new survey.

Thanks,

Derick
www.vertigoraceway.com
Old 07-18-2009, 07:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)
Default track

yall need to build a dirt oval track out there that would be nice all want a dirt oval track in thus area ......
Old 09-01-2009, 07:01 AM
Tech Apprentice

Construction of the track is moving along. We are almost done with the driver's stand and laying the dirt for the track. We hope to be open very soon!!
Old 11-08-2009, 12:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

Newly redesigned website.

www.vertigoraceway.com
Old 12-24-2009, 03:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default open

Vertigo Raceway opened this month and is going great. The track has really been forming with the usage and the occasional rain. We have had 8th scale buggies and truggies, 10th scale short-course trucks, and even some monster trucks ride the track. It is a sandy loam dirt, which means it is loose on the top and firm underneath.

We are currently working on redesigning our pipes to remove the pegs sticking up with a flat washer setup. We already envision adding another 40ft to the width of the track, which would make it 100x160!

The AMB lap timer is up and working and we are still learning the software. We have had so much fun since the track has opened; it took an unbelievable amount of time, effort, and money to build this track and driver stand.

Check out or website at www.vertigoraceway.com and if you're even in the Houston/Galveston area, stop by to run a few laps.
Old 01-17-2010, 04:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

I'm glad you are fixing the pegs. I ripped the pipe off of my exhaust on one and had to buy a new one. You could probably work on making the lanes wider on the left side of the track too Imo. It is a really great track I have been telling everyone about it. when will ya'll start having races?
Old 01-17-2010, 04:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Man, I wish you guys weren't so far... but I'll get down there eventually to check you guys out and run my rigs.

Are you guys still considering a crawler course?

Added you to RCCOH.com
http://www.rccoh.com/rc.tracks/vertigo.html

Old 01-17-2010, 07:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Posting a few pics from a few weeks ago.
Attached Thumbnails Vertigo Raceway - Galveston County, TX-vert01.jpg   Vertigo Raceway - Galveston County, TX-vert02.jpg   Vertigo Raceway - Galveston County, TX-vert05.jpg   Vertigo Raceway - Galveston County, TX-vert03.jpg  
Old 02-12-2010, 05:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Cool pics Jim!! Hate to see your face after that second Losi setup went out on you. Hope to see you back out and having fun again soon. We do still have plans building a rock-crawling course, but now ETA as of now. We are planning expanding the track from 160x60 to 160x100 once the weather warms up and dries up. We also plan on making in to scale for 1/8 specifically and building a 1/10 track on the side.

We are going to start club racing soon. We planned for the 20th of this month, but the Make-A-Wish race in Austin at N-Control was rescheduled for this day and I'll probably be there racing. Looks like we will push our first club race back a week. We are going to be racing on Saturdays at noon.

Come out and Play!