R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 04-20-2009, 10:00 PM   #1
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Thumbs up Hemet R/C Raceway

I heard that a new guy took over the track and is getting a hole new lay out and it also has a traxxas track. Its about time someone gets the track up and running again.

Last edited by kaliforniamac; 09-01-2009 at 10:09 PM.
kaliforniamac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 10:14 PM   #2
Tech Regular

It would be nice if hemet got up and running again but the economy will make it difficult. There does not seem to be any regular schedule at hemet which is confusing to say the least.
Thopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 03:03 AM   #3
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Yeah, the rumor is true. The track is being run by someone new. This just came about, in the last week or so.

There is a new layout coming. I believe it is scheduled for next week. He has some plans to clean it up again, and has actually already started that. Some of the old tables are going to go to the smoke gods, and some new tables to be worked into the bunch. He wants to add a wash station, and a few other things too.

Of course money is always an issue, but time will tell. Of course track support will determine that. He is working on getting a basic website up as well. Hopefully that will be up real soon, and will have the schedule for the track. He also going to try to keep a Sunday race schedule, not to go up against the other tracks, but there are some details that need to be worked out.

I speak to him quit often, and try to give my input as to what racers like to see. It would be great to get a following again. It had been pretty dead there for quit a few months, but has been picking up again with the locals.

I know they are open on Mon, Weds, Friday (5-8:30ish) and Sunday (11-4). I am not sure about Saturday. I will find out.

I will post some pics of the new layout once it is in. It should be fun!
Hot Bodies/HPI - Track Star Services - Triton R/C - Alpha Plus Engines - Radiopost - Hemet Competition Raceway (HCR) - Hemet R/C (R.I.P)
itsshemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 01:16 PM   #4
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Hemet R/C

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsshemp View Post
Yeah, the rumor is true. The track is being run by someone new. This just came about, in the last week or so.

There is a new layout coming. I believe it is scheduled for next week. He has some plans to clean it up again, and has actually already started that. Some of the old tables are going to go to the smoke gods, and some new tables to be worked into the bunch. He wants to add a wash station, and a few other things too.

Of course money is always an issue, but time will tell. Of course track support will determine that. He is working on getting a basic website up as well. Hopefully that will be up real soon, and will have the schedule for the track. He also going to try to keep a Sunday race schedule, not to go up against the other tracks, but there are some details that need to be worked out.

I speak to him quit often, and try to give my input as to what racers like to see. It would be great to get a following again. It had been pretty dead there for quit a few months, but has been picking up again with the locals.

I know they are open on Mon, Weds, Friday (5-8:30ish) and Sunday (11-4). I am not sure about Saturday. I will find out.

I will post some pics of the new layout once it is in. It should be fun!
I actually just posted something in the racing forum. I am looking to join a R/C car club. Preferably in Hemet. There already is a R/C airplane club. I think it would be cool to possible meet up. Have schedule race days and what not.If there isn't one it sounds like you live in Hemet. Or possibly near there. Are you interested in starting an R/C club? I actually go to that hobby shop quite often. Do you mean him being Doc or Richard? From what I understand they were the ones running it now. As far as the new tables and wash station I heard that too. I actually told them if they need help to give me a call. I would really like to see that being a major focus point for R/C races if possible.
Shrekito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 03:05 PM   #5
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrekito View Post
I actually just posted something in the racing forum. I am looking to join a R/C car club. Preferably in Hemet. There already is a R/C airplane club. I think it would be cool to possible meet up. Have schedule race days and what not.If there isn't one it sounds like you live in Hemet. Or possibly near there. Are you interested in starting an R/C club? I actually go to that hobby shop quite often. Do you mean him being Doc or Richard? From what I understand they were the ones running it now. As far as the new tables and wash station I heard that too. I actually told them if they need help to give me a call. I would really like to see that being a major focus point for R/C races if possible.
Dynamic Hobby had been running it, up until last week or so. Doc & Rich were doing their thing over there, but now it is being ran by a guy named Mike. He is a local, that wanted to see the place get better, so he is taking the reins. He knows there is work to be done. If you go down there, talk to him. Im sure he is always looking for volunteers to help out.
I know he plans on trying to keep having club races on Sundays, but is trying to work out a few issues with that. They have been racing on Sundays for the last couple months, but never really advertised it. Some days there wasn't much of a turn out, so racing was nill, but hopefully that will change.

There is a new layout coming next week, so it would be cool to see a bunch come out to check it out. I will post up some pics once it is done. They are still open for practice, although they will be closed while the layout is being done, but that may only effect 1 day (Monday). I also think he may be changing the schedule due to the heat once summer kicks in.
Hot Bodies/HPI - Track Star Services - Triton R/C - Alpha Plus Engines - Radiopost - Hemet Competition Raceway (HCR) - Hemet R/C (R.I.P)
Old 04-21-2009, 03:57 PM   #6
Tech Adept

Default Hemet R/C

Cool man keep me posted if you can. Do you have Mike's contact info. I would like to get ahold of him. I am sure he needs help. I am glad someone is doing something. I love racing my T3 hopefully this will being some life to the track. I live on the west end of town. Its such a drag to drive all the way down to the track only to find there isn't anyone there to talk with.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:20 AM   #7
Tech Adept

Sweet another track. For sure keep us posted. Do you have a location wheres it at? So I can look it up on a map. Post some pics would be cool. If he needs any help I would cruz up and help out if needed. I'm in Escondido but it a drive but worth it.

Losi 22m 2.0
Losi SCTe
Axial SCX10 Deadbolt Crawler
Krupted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 08:41 AM   #8
Tech Adept

Default Hemet R/C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krupted View Post
Sweet another track. For sure keep us posted. Do you have a location wheres it at? So I can look it up on a map. Post some pics would be cool. If he needs any help I would cruz up and help out if needed. I'm in Escondido but it a drive but worth it.

I am going to go there tonight to practice. I will take same pics. The address for the track is 146 S. Santa Fe ave Hemet,CA 92543. The track is in the same parking lot as the softball field. Here is an old website http://www.thedirtracing.com The track isn't run by this person anymore. It gives you and idea of what is looks like.
Old 04-22-2009, 10:02 AM   #9
Tech Adept

Quote:
I am going to go there tonight to practice. I will take same pics. The address for the track is 146 S. Santa Fe ave Hemet,CA 92543. The track is in the same parking lot as the softball field. Here is an old website http://www.thedirtracing.com The track isn't run by this person anymore. It gives you and idea of what is looks like.
Cool thanks for the input. Keep me posted if possible.

Losi 22m 2.0
Losi SCTe
Axial SCX10 Deadbolt Crawler
Krupted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 08:44 PM   #10
Tech Fanatic

I just got off the phone with Mike, the new operator, and it sounds like there was a pretty decent turn out for practice tonight. That's good to hear!

I didn't get the chance to get out there tonight. It was just one of those days! Maybe Ill cruise out on Friday night to test some things before the JBRL race this weekend.

Anyways, glad to hear that a few people showed up. I'm not sure how many were do to this thread, but if some were, that is cool!

Ill try to get a few pictures of the scheduled new layout, next week. New is always fun!!
Old 04-22-2009, 09:58 PM   #11
Tech Adept

Default Sad news about Hemet R/C track

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsshemp View Post
I just got off the phone with Mike, the new operator, and it sounds like there was a pretty decent turn out for practice tonight. That's good to hear!

I didn't get the chance to get out there tonight. It was just one of those days! Maybe Ill cruise out on Friday night to test some things before the JBRL race this weekend.

Anyways, glad to hear that a few people showed up. I'm not sure how many were do to this thread, but if some were, that is cool!

Ill try to get a few pictures of the scheduled new layout, next week. New is always fun!!
I was there practicing tonight. It was a good turn out. Two gasers,my T3 a couple of rustlers,and about six slashes. I recieved some bad news though. I don't know if its all true. I was talking to the lady who used to run the Hemet track. And she said when they were running the track. The city was talking about talking it back. The city has been leasing the land to the track.So the city owns the land that the track runs on. From what she said the city is going to seize the land on June 1st. So Mike only has about a month before the track belongs to the city.And from what she said the city is going to level the track and put in a water basin. Now I don't now if its true. If it is I am pretty bummed I have to drive to Beaumont if I want to practice/race Please confirm if you can.
Old 04-23-2009, 03:57 AM   #12
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
I was there practicing tonight. It was a good turn out. Two gasers,my T3 a couple of rustlers,and about six slashes. I recieved some bad news though. I don't know if its all true. I was talking to the lady who used to run the Hemet track. And she said when they were running the track. The city was talking about talking it back. The city has been leasing the land to the track.So the city owns the land that the track runs on. From what she said the city is going to seize the land on June 1st. So Mike only has about a month before the track belongs to the city.And from what she said the city is going to level the track and put in a water basin. Now I don't now if its true. If it is I am pretty bummed I have to drive to Beaumont if I want to practice/race Please confirm if you can.
I know her very well. Good friends of mine.

She is right. That was the deal. It was headed toward demolition, which is why her and her hubby gave up the track. It was VERY sad to see them give it up. Not because they wanted to, but it was really their only option. I was VERY bummed they had to give it up. She (Dusty!! nickname! ) really worked her BUTT off to keep the track as clean as it could be. I used to help her out all the time. We used to come up with all kinds of cool things she wanted to do. In the end, it seemed to be a dead end road when they got the news about the future of it. She still put in hard work, up till the last day. We didnt call her Dusty for nothing!!

Since then, I guess things have changed. The plans for the water basin have been postponed. From what I understand both the baseball field and the track will remain for an undetermined amount of time. Last I heard it will be a minimum of a year, probably longer. Of course this could change, but this is what the word on the street is, coming from the school.

For now, and maybe for a while, the track will remain open. I know this was a concern of Mikes before he agreed to take over. Keep the fingers crossed. Until then, keep heading out.
Old 04-23-2009, 09:45 AM   #13
Tech Adept

Default ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Ya she was wicked nice, I talked to her for about thirty minutes. She was super helpful with all my newbie questions. She told me she was and I think still is very sad that they had to give it up. She was telling me how she would spend hours picking up cig. butts and trash. I told her I saw her Myspace page on the track.And how to looked like it was bumping with people. I was so bummed when she told me about the tracks future. I actually got my soon to be wife to let me build a practice track in the backyard . Cool man thanks for the info I will be sure to keep spreading the word and hitting the track.
Old 04-28-2009, 11:39 AM   #14
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Sweet new lay out in the works almost done should be complete in a day or two.
kaliforniamac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 11:59 AM   #15
Tech Adept

Default Hemet R/C

Dude the new track layout is insane.If you don't have a brushless yet. I suggest getting one. From what I was told there is going a fifthteen foot almost vertial burm you are going to have to turn off of. I was told maybe Wednesday for Thursday it should be done.