R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 07-14-2009, 02:44 PM   #46
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 266 (98%+)
Default Newly redesigned 1/8 and 1/10 scale tracks!!!!!!!!

See you Wednesday to check out the new track to get a feel for it before the races on Friday. Gates open at 5PM on Wednesday for practice and Friday for racing guys come check it out. 1/8 scale and 1/10 scale tracks freshly rebuild and re-designed last Sunday.

146 S. Santa Fe st.
Hemet, California 92544

for info call 951-925-9331 hobby shop after 1030am See you there!!!!!!!!
-WHEELMAN- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 10:04 AM   #47
Tech Elite

Wow, the track was in great shape, fast and fun. There is a forty foot triple in the middle that's fun to double with a nitro but just within reach of a brush less buggy and truggy on a five cell 30c lipo. The 1/10 scale track had plenty of short course trucks to have some heats by the end of the night. Everyone really had fun on both new tracks. Thanks again Mike, a.k.a Kaliforniamac
1/8 scale track

1/10 scale track

Old 07-27-2009, 08:52 AM   #48
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Hemet R/C not 1/10 friendly?

I am starting to get the feeling that the "new" Hemet R/C is starting to become more of a 1/8 scale track.And less and less 1/10 scale friendly. I mean seriously I heard for at least a month about how the little track was going to be re-done. It that re-done? I looks like the track took all but an hour to create. I under stand times are tough and all. But were is that money going that we pay? I mean there isn't any lights on the 1/10 scale track.And don't give me that "use the big track crap" the larger track is a 1/8 scale track. It seems like the people who are running the track are more excitied to be in "charge" then actually promoting and improving the track. I hear on this forum all the time how if you want to know what to buy or run go ask your track. Which he had no clue on what the track was running as far as classes. I mean come on the guy taking the money didn't even have proper change. I guess that night was six dollar practice. Isn't the land and the lights being loaned to the track? So the people collecting the money shouldn't they be using the money to improve the track? Have you seen the tables? I am scared to put my stuff on them.
Old 07-27-2009, 08:44 PM   #49
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrekito View Post
I am starting to get the feeling that the "new" Hemet R/C is starting to become more of a 1/8 scale track.And less and less 1/10 scale friendly. I mean seriously I heard for at least a month about how the little track was going to be re-done. It that re-done? I looks like the track took all but an hour to create. I under stand times are tough and all. But were is that money going that we pay? I mean there isn't any lights on the 1/10 scale track.And don't give me that "use the big track crap" the larger track is a 1/8 scale track. It seems like the people who are running the track are more excitied to be in "charge" then actually promoting and improving the track. I hear on this forum all the time how if you want to know what to buy or run go ask your track. Which he had no clue on what the track was running as far as classes. I mean come on the guy taking the money didn't even have proper change. I guess that night was six dollar practice. Isn't the land and the lights being loaned to the track? So the people collecting the money shouldn't they be using the money to improve the track? Have you seen the tables? I am scared to put my stuff on them.
Wow. Sound a little upset?

First lets end the rumor that the track does not cost anything to run. That ended when the parks & Rec gave up managing the property. That was some time ago. This is a new ball game, so nothing is free. Electricity, Insurance, port-a-potty, layouts, hoses, pipes, and recent timing equipment are everything but free. All of this has to come out of the money that is taken in. @ 5.00 a head for practice, it doesn't go very far. I know for a fact that Mike is spending out of pocket every month to keep the track open. Your right, times are tough.

Turnouts are getting better, but the heat seems to keep many at home. Hopefully things will pick up, and there will be more money to put toward the place. There is a list of things to do, but track support will dictate how soon that stuff happens.

As for the 10th scale layout, he did promise a change, and he did so. Its a small track, that they made for the slashes and others to play on. They put that there to make use of what was nothing but dirt and weeds.

I wouldn't say that Hemet is "turning into a 1/8th scale track. It has been an 1/8th scale track for a long time, and has just recently added the 10th scale track for those that wanted a place to drive their cars. There is also the rock climbing course that has been added. Again, none of that was free.

I'm not sure if you are a regular, or just come out from time to time, but in either case all I can say is keep supporting the track as much as you can. Mike is in a tough spot. In order to do all the things that he wants to do, he has to first pay the bills, then see whats left to put toward the track. All without raising the prices. Oh yeah, and he also has a personal life to attend too.

There are 3 other tracks in driving distance, and they all charge more. He is sticking to the $5 as long as possible, in order to keep the locals, and kids in the game.

Like I said, there are a lot of things that need to be done, so if YOU, or someone you know, is an electrician, track builder, carpenter, plumber, laborer, etc. and want to donate time, materials, or anything you feel would help out just talk to mike. In the last month we have had a few guys that have donated time, hoses, nozzles, equipment and that has helped out a bunch! Thanks to Nick who came out and drove the tractor a couple weeks ago, on a 100+ degree Sunday (2 days before his wedding) to put both layouts in. Unfortainatly both had to be done in 1 day, so we didnt get to do as much as we had hoped, but we did the best we could. We have a guy who might be able to loan Mike a bobcat, so if that works out, we will look into changing both tracks up a bit and make them a little more challenging.

I understand your points, but remember that post like this do not help the cause. It only stops potential customers from coming out to check it out for themselves, and forming their own opinion. You can always talk to Mike directly, or drop him a PM. You can make all your points, without damaging any potential customer base.
Hot Bodies/HPI - Track Star Services - Triton R/C - Alpha Plus Engines - Radiopost - Hemet Competition Raceway (HCR) - Hemet R/C (R.I.P)

Last edited by itsshemp; 07-27-2009 at 09:20 PM.
itsshemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 09:04 PM   #50
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Thanks guys for your support.
kaliforniamac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 09:07 PM   #51
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Wow looks like you have no clue what it takes running a track. where else can you drive for 5.00 for practice and 10.00 for racing? is there not lights{power} and a water bill?? and an out house bill??the turnout is not that big in hemet anymore. mike puts alot of time and out of pocket money into the track so we all dont have to drive 45min to get to a track. oh and dont look past 5,000 for amb equipment +$$ for laptop and program. also what about the cost for the tractor to build the track, and all the man power to build it.mike is new to running a track and he is doing a good job! if you were HURT over something you should have taken him aside and told him your thoughts. he is a nice person and always open to new ideas and thoughts.
this is just my 2 cents
i know what it is like to run a track been there done that for 2 years..
d8racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 10:14 PM   #52
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

First off I would like to aplogize to Mike. My anger was misguided I should have worded it better. I am not angry with Mike he is doing a great job. I understand help is very hard to find. The post should have been directed at the "other co-owners". As they so call them selves trust me I am by all means in favor of supporting your local buisnesses. But to a certain extent you really are who you hang around with. I do not want to name names. But Mike should seriously think about who is being employed at the track. I have heard from more than one person who thought the help at the track (not Mike) was less then helpful. There should be a certian level of customer appreciation. I understand its a little more laid back. But the person in charge at that time should have some basic info about what is going on. I was all for supporting the local track I even offered to help. Like I said money is hard to come by. But labor is always free I offered to come and throw down a shovel. Which was meet by "we really have all the help we need" If you want to help donate some cash. Which the person I was talking to I wouldn't trust with a soda. So my apologizes to Mike all I am saying is if this track wants to come back. The people who are there when Mike is not should have a little more info. After all its very intimitating to be a newbie and come up and ask some questions. And get blown off it tends to leave a bad taste in your mouth for the track,and the sport.
Old 07-28-2009, 03:54 AM   #53
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
First off I would like to aplogize to Mike. My anger was misguided I should have worded it better. I am not angry with Mike he is doing a great job. I understand help is very hard to find. The post should have been directed at the "other co-owners". As they so call them selves trust me I am by all means in favor of supporting your local buisnesses. But to a certain extent you really are who you hang around with. I do not want to name names. But Mike should seriously think about who is being employed at the track. I have heard from more than one person who thought the help at the track (not Mike) was less then helpful. There should be a certian level of customer appreciation. I understand its a little more laid back. But the person in charge at that time should have some basic info about what is going on. I was all for supporting the local track I even offered to help. Like I said money is hard to come by. But labor is always free I offered to come and throw down a shovel. Which was meet by "we really have all the help we need" If you want to help donate some cash. Which the person I was talking to I wouldn't trust with a soda. So my apologizes to Mike all I am saying is if this track wants to come back. The people who are there when Mike is not should have a little more info. After all its very intimitating to be a newbie and come up and ask some questions. And get blown off it tends to leave a bad taste in your mouth for the track,and the sport.
Fair enough. You have a very valid point. Representation is a concern that Mike should take into consideration, and I am sure he will.

Always try to speak to Mike directly,if you want to help out in some way. He would be the one you want to deal with. If he is not there, ask for Danny (me) and I can always pass on the info to Mike. I might be roaming around there driving, or helping out in the pits.
Hot Bodies/HPI - Track Star Services - Triton R/C - Alpha Plus Engines - Radiopost - Hemet Competition Raceway (HCR) - Hemet R/C (R.I.P)
Old 07-29-2009, 03:58 PM   #54
Tech Elite

Quote:
Hey Shrek. Im not going to say any thing about your past comments and simply quote on of your threads to show people how much you know about running a track.

On May 5th 2009 Shrek posted a thread named "Hemet Back-yard R/C track", within this thread Shrek's first post read;

"Good afternoon all,
I am building a track in my backyard. I am still in the planning stage. I have already cleared out the area. How wide should the lanes be? I don't have alot of area to use.Maybe 20X38 give or take. I was thinking about two T3's wide? Once the track is done I think I could run Five max on the track. Also any advise on jumps,whoops and how many would be appreciated." said Shrek.

You want advice? And about that dollar you were allegedly shorted, come on by, im sure I have some quarters in my ash tray. Don't start e-thugin, we don't want to hear it.
Old 07-31-2009, 12:11 PM   #55
Tech Regular

We will have some good racing tonight have the Losi crew coming to race to show there support.
Old 08-01-2009, 12:44 AM   #56
Tech Regular

We had a good turn out just want to say Thanks Adam Drake and the Losi crew and Cody King and crew Thanks for coming out and showing your support.
Old 08-01-2009, 08:27 AM   #57
Tech Adept

when is the track open to practice on sat? i was hearing 1pm and now im hearing at 5pm?
rglamis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 09:09 AM   #58
Tech Regular

Sunday 4-9pm
Monday 5-9pm
Tuesday Closed
Wednesday 5-9pm
Thursday Closed
Friday 5- Races are 7pm and Practice too.
Saturday 4-9pm
Old 08-01-2009, 10:22 AM   #59
Tech Fanatic

Yup! Pretty cool to see all the faces that showed up last night! It's great that everyone seemed to have a fun time with all the laughing in the drivers stand. Low stress racing. It's great! It was cool that Drake, Cody, Mike, and the crew came out to support.

The layout was fast, but should have that slowed down pretty soon. A few changes will make the difference. Just need to add some technical stuff.

Let me know when your ready Mike, and we can come out and give a hand.
Old 08-02-2009, 11:03 PM   #60
Tech Adept

was up there this past weekend to check it out. very nice tracks. how many racers are you getting on fridays? and do you race the 1/10 scale track too?
rglamis is offline   Reply With Quote