Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum
Courtney Marine Corps Base Off-Road Track Okinawa Japan >

Courtney Marine Corps Base Off-Road Track Okinawa Japan

Courtney Marine Corps Base Off-Road Track Okinawa Japan

Old 04-26-2009, 03:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

So...just ran at Bios today for the first time. Can I give some imput into our new track? Bios is way to narrow. Kind of seemed to me that there were way too many tight turns. That weird tall jump right before the turn... what the heck is that for? To me that is a pointless jump. Again the drainage issue. The track today wasn't bad but the turn right after the table top was soaked. It's been a couple of days since it rained and standing water was still there. We def need a better drivers stand. There was some wind today and it was scary to be up there. Those narrow winding turns were hard to navigate and very frustrating...

On a plus note, let a local japanese kid take my revo for a spin and he was hooked. He was a little dissapointed he couldn't get the revo in japan, but i'm sure he can find something to get.
Old 04-26-2009, 04:04 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr. Bojangles
That weird tall jump right before the turn... what the heck is that for? To me that is a pointless jump.
Its not a jump dude. At least that was the point Jon was trying to convey to me and Antoni. It was fun to hit hard though. I think that could be considered a widowmaker which we have already talked about making sure we do not have.
I have some awesome pics of Iggy's truggy clearing about 3 feet over Pauls head on that jump. As soon as this baka forum allows me to post pics, I will post them up.

If I can get a Connex (ISO) up to Courtney, Can someone get a Forklift to take it off the truck on that side? I am liscensed but cannot get one of mine all the way to Courtney.

Last edited by Murdadock; 04-26-2009 at 09:16 PM.
Old 04-27-2009, 03:23 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Murdadock
Its not a jump dude. At least that was the point Jon was trying to convey to me and Antoni. It was fun to hit hard though. I think that could be considered a widowmaker which we have already talked about making sure we do not have.
I have some awesome pics of Iggy's truggy clearing about 3 feet over Pauls head on that jump. As soon as this baka forum allows me to post pics, I will post them up.

If I can get a Connex (ISO) up to Courtney, Can someone get a Forklift to take it off the truck on that side? I am liscensed but cannot get one of mine all the way to Courtney.
That is fantastic news, maybe Igy or the young man from the facility office can hook us up.........you are the man
Old 04-27-2009, 04:13 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bando711
That is fantastic news, maybe Igy or the young man from the facility office can hook us up.........you are the man
No pats on the back yet. I still need to work on it a little bit more. I had one and lost it just like that. There is someone else snatching them up too.
Old 04-28-2009, 03:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Wink

[QUOTE=I have some awesome pics of Iggy's truggy clearing about 3 feet over Pauls head on that jump.:[/QUOTE]

Thought it wasn't a jump?
Old 04-30-2009, 02:08 AM
Tech Regular

Any news on the LOI ? Anything new at all on track layouts? We will need to put up a poll and come up with a choice in the next couple of weeks.
Old 04-30-2009, 03:11 AM
Tech Addict

Yeah, I haven't heard any updates either. I thought Robert had someone who was going to fill in for him while he was away, but maybe they weren't able to touch base with each other before he left, which is understandable.

I'm sure everything is in order.

Jason, any updates on that connex?

- Paulie
Old 04-30-2009, 05:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hope we get that box...

Here's some commandments to abide by from Dave DesJardin Team Caster Driver, maybe we can post these up...

I'm really gonna try to work on #5 Ken...

1- Thou shalt turneth on thine transmitter before thou turneth on thine receiver, and thou shalt turneth off thine receiver before though turneth off thine transmitter, lest thine ride loseth control and draweth the wrath of all thine neighbors.

2- Thou shalt verify that none of thine neighbors on the track have the same channel as thou before thou turneth on thine transmitter, and thou shalt cry out thee number of thine channel before thou turneth on thine transmitter, lest thou suffer thee wrath of all thine neighbors and be dragged unto the center of the holy track and stoned.

3- Thou shalt returneth all of thine neighbor's tools, crystals, and other things that thou borroweth from thine neighbor's pit box.

4- Thou shalt neither covet nor show disrespect to thine neighbors ride, and shalt display good sportsmanship and cry out "good race" even if thou whippeth his a$$ royally.

5- Thou shalt not hacketh upon thine neighbor's bumper neither going into or coming out of a corner in such a manner as to causeth him to spin out and wreck, and if thou doth hacketh upon thine neighbor's bumper, thou shalt pull aside to allow thine neighbor to regain race position lest all of the neighbors in thine villiage place the unholy label of HACK uponst thine ride.

6- Thou shalt checketh thine pinion gear, servo, batteries, engine, and all screws before thou layeth thine ride upon thee holy track, lest thine ride loseth control and ploweth unto the unholy pipe, or hacketh upon thine neighbors' rides and draweth the wrath of all thine neighbors.

7- Thou shalt keep thine diff balls tight and well lubricated, that thine neighbors shalt check it's action and cry out SWEeeeEEET!

8- Thou shalt give thine ride appropriate maintenance and cleaneth it often, and apply unto it every hop-up thou can afford, that it may be totally awesome and dwell in The Holy Hall in the hereafter.

9- Thou shalt not useth thine ride in an unsafe manner, or to chase thine neighbor's cat, or thine neighbor's dog, or thine sister, or thine brother, or any of the animals of the earth, as thine ride is the holy vessel with which thee may participate in the holy ritual of RC racing and should be used only for racing or backyard bashing to keep it holy, Amen.

10- Thou shalt not whineth or maketh excuses as to why thou loseth the holy race.

11- If thou do corner marshal, thou shalt stay aware of thine holy surroundings and turn cars over immediately if not sooner lest thou suffer the wrath of thine fellow drivers. Remember that, what cometh aroundeth goeth aroundeth

12- Thou shall not throweth thine radio, for it costeth much money to replace.

13- Never pisseth off thine pit helper, for they may runneth you out of fuel while your winning thine race.
Old 04-30-2009, 08:41 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by YDBD
9- Thou shalt not useth thine ride in an unsafe manner, or to chase thine neighbor's cat, or thine neighbor's dog, or thine sister, or thine brother, or any of the animals of the earth, as thine ride is the holy vessel with which thee may participate in the holy ritual of RC racing and should be used only for racing or backyard bashing to keep it holy, Amen.
Ok there is nothing about chasing the neighbor kid. But he is a dirty little ANIMAL...so sigh. It was worth a try.
Old 05-01-2009, 01:19 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by pgeldz
Yeah, I haven't heard any updates either. I thought Robert had someone who was going to fill in for him while he was away, but maybe they weren't able to touch base with each other before he left, which is understandable.

- Paulie
I think he was planning on me filling in for him, but I'm not able to do it. I sent him an email last week letting him know what was up but haven't heard anything from him. Has anyone heard anything different?
Old 05-04-2009, 03:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Check out this podium/turn in Germany, that's fricken awesome!

Old 05-04-2009, 04:32 PM
Tech Regular

That is cool.........all those people and not one car in sight!!
Old 05-05-2009, 07:12 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Lead Farmer
I think he was planning on me filling in for him, but I'm not able to do it. I sent him an email last week letting him know what was up but haven't heard anything from him. Has anyone heard anything different?
When is Robert supposed to be returning? Don't recall how long he said he was going to be out.
Old 05-06-2009, 02:54 AM
Tech Regular

If I remember correctly it was towards the end of the month if all went well. I think it was around the 25th.
Old 05-10-2009, 05:54 AM
Tech Regular

http://

My New SLASH needs some dirt !!!

Last edited by bando711; 05-10-2009 at 06:05 AM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.