Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum
Courtney Marine Corps Base Off-Road Track Okinawa Japan >

Courtney Marine Corps Base Off-Road Track Okinawa Japan

Courtney Marine Corps Base Off-Road Track Okinawa Japan

Old 04-23-2009, 05:50 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by bando711
Please don't take my comments/opinions personal, just want to make sure we look at things from all sides.
It's all good. I know it's not personal, it never is. Afterall, we both want the same thing - a place for off-road R/C.

And for those of you following these posts here but not actually posting, don't let our usless banter put you off from posting your thoughts. Just about all the folks who have posted here are very good friends and care very much about the R/C scene here on Okinawa. We might go back and forth here a bit but at the end of the day we still stand as one and want the same thing in the end. You can tell from our posts how passionate we are about getting something up and running.

A lot of ideas have been tossed about and it'll take more than just the few of us who have posted to really make it come together. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. Please feel free to post your thoughts.

With all that said, you're still wrong Ken! HA HA, just kidding!!!

Jon, you're track looks good too!

- Paulie

Last edited by pgeldz; 04-23-2009 at 06:10 AM.
Old 04-23-2009, 06:45 AM
Tech Regular

http://

or something like this
Old 04-23-2009, 02:42 PM
Tech Addict

Very nice Ken!

- Paulie
Old 04-23-2009, 03:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I think BIOS was not only challenging but also included several elements we don't want:

No Drainage
Larger weird bump in front of triple that was cleared by only 10% of the racers.
Narrow wiggle turns
Open PVC ends that can damage any car

But it still was a great track to have and to hold till death did it part.

Big tracks have the added difficulty of not letting drivers get into rhythm and focusing on if they made the big jump or how to line up for the big jump rather than driving a few feet ahead of the section they are in.

Just cuz Paulies is god's gift to any track doesn't mean we have to build all the elements in his suggestion. (of course, I still want the "lap of luxury" in there) If Paulie wants to include those, he is sure welcome to come out and build them as he's helped out so much on my Slash Track.

I want: A bigger track to run my big cars on, now. How bout just clear the area and drive.

If the Seabees are out there and are willing to contribute to the "track desires" then thats great. But until that happens.... it's not complete but it's fully operational...

As one who has built a track with a few friends it takes days just to get a good burm or jump in by using shovels and rakes. And no matter what you do drivers will complain about rocks, turns, bumps, stairs, soft dirt, hard dirt and will do nothing to help fix it. You can't just throw money at a problem with out breaking a sweat and expect it to get done.

Any outcome on the meeting I missed??
Old 04-23-2009, 06:00 PM
Tech Regular

First off those that didn't make it missed an outstanding cookout......Ribeye Steaks, Brats, Prawns, grilled veggies and fresh sliced pineapple grilled and sprinkled with cinnamon. Robert is defiantly the “GRILL SERGEANT”

About the track, things are going great with the LOI, it could be signed as early as today but for sure in the next few days. The Seabees seem to be on line and should be available the end of May. Lot’s of discussion about track design and such. Over the next week or two we need everyone that has inputs for a track to post them on the forum. After that we will post a poll to decide what layout we go with. We must have a plan for when the Seabees are available.

We also need to start scrounging materials, something for a drivers stand. The Seabees indicated they could build a stand but don’t have the materials for it. Somewhere on island there has to be an ISO we can get……..everyone needs to check around. Once we find one we can get it moved.

We need ideas and inputs for lane dividers, if we go with a big track we will need a lot of it.

The young man from the facility office, sorry can’t remember his name, is looking into getting a bush hog out there as soon as we get the LOI signed.

Spread the word, let's get some more people online with this.

Last edited by bando711; 04-24-2009 at 03:41 AM.
Old 04-24-2009, 06:01 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pgeldz
Very nice Ken!

- Paulie
I second on this one Ken. It look fun and simple to put together.

I made a couple phone calls and sent an e-mail today trying for an ISO. Should have an up or down on Monday. Probably be head to DRMO in the next couple of weeks, I'll keep my eyes open.
Old 04-24-2009, 06:09 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by YDBD
Just cuz Paulies is god's gift to any track doesn't mean we have to build all the elements in his suggestion. (of course, I still want the "lap of luxury" in there) If Paulie wants to include those, he is sure welcome to come out and build them as he's helped out so much on my Slash Track.
Feel the love, LOL! This is what I meant by usless banter. Fellas, Jon is messing with me. We laughed about it on the phone. Please don't be put off by are silly shannagans.

We need your honest feedback!

And BTW Jon, I'm not God's give to any track...I'm YOUR gift to any of YOUR tracks...

LOL!

Balls back in your court!

- Paulie
Old 04-24-2009, 10:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Anyone going to Bios's tomorrow? Got a buddy who really wants to check rc out. And is tomorrow the last day for bios?
Old 04-25-2009, 12:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

about 6 of us are doing the on-road endurance race at Siro's track out by Ala Villa Hotel tomorrow--as far as I know Bios last day is tomorrow...

My bedtime prayer tonight--Oh wise and great Paulie, please allow me to honor you by being on your esteemed team tomorrow...
Old 04-25-2009, 01:35 AM
Tech Addict

Jon, you're killing me, ha ha ha.

You're the Team Captian for Team 2 silly.

- Paulie
Old 04-25-2009, 05:26 AM
Tech Regular

If we don't get an ISO this is doable.
Old 04-25-2009, 05:47 AM
Tech Regular

How cool is this log section
Old 04-25-2009, 05:59 AM
Tech Addict

Very sweet!

- Paulie
Old 04-25-2009, 08:05 AM
Tech Initiate

Man oh man if you think a rhythm section can throw off a buggies balance....those logs would make everybody SLOW way down.....
Old 04-25-2009, 02:42 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bando711
How cool is this log section
That is one well manicured track. The logs look fun or something. I would at least like to try them. Where is that track at?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.