R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 01-09-2010, 09:37 PM   #856
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Guys, we need to put a temporary sign up saying not to stand on your cars to drive on the tracks.
Z01-T JG O'Donnell SS.21 Powered---FOR SALE
HPI Blitz
Mr. Bojangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 12:45 AM   #857
Tech Adept

The lady taking the pics was from the OkiMar,

They ran the ad this week and will be running the atory next week.

The Marine was from AFN, he will edit and the story should run this week as well.

there will also be a story in the Courtney base bulletin.

As for a sign about standing on your car... the metal stairs will be there until we get the driver stand.

Went by the track this morning, drove a little, did a little maintenance then went to R/C Paradise..

they had a small track set up outside, ran thru three batteries and had a blast...then went back to the track, stored the white boardds and the freq board.

I spoke with Iggy, what does everyone think about having a track day 2 weekends form now? (24/25 Jan.

Sponsor the locals on etc, ot a race, just a track day, get the word out and have another blast...

I also suggest we have the first organized race during presidents day weekend in Feb.

this will give everyone time to prep, test and get ready.

I will also be back from an exercise, paulie will be back as well as some others that are currently deployed...

Thoughts?
XTM Mammoth
Tamiya TT-01E
chemfrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 01:16 AM   #858
Tech Adept

Jon,

As we talked about earlier, I think a new thread is in order with a link in the first post to this thread for refference.

I would wait until Mon, then start the new thread.

the new thread should be dedicated to track announcements, vehicle set ups, rules for the courses as well as Class rules and requests for parts, etc.

of course, all posts should be limited to this, no running dialogue about selling, etc.

announcement of a sale is cool, then PM's from there between teh interested individuals.

just my .02
XTM Mammoth
Tamiya TT-01E
Old 01-10-2010, 01:20 AM   #859
Tech Addict

Rob, the 3rd Sunday of the month is Siro's on-road race at Yomitan. I suggest we don't hold any races on those weekends. Instead, I propose that our races be held on the 4th Sunday of each month. This way, when most of us are out at Yomitan (usually me, Anthony, Ken, Jon, and Jason), we can have Tadashi-san announce it to all the racers there, and draw in an even bigger crowd.

This may promp some of his on-road customers to come check it out, and if they like it maybe they'll ask Tadashi-san to start stocking parts (because a lot of them live in Naha). That would be good for all of us...

Anyhoo, here are some pics from yesterday...

Enjoy!

- Paulie
pgeldz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 02:42 AM   #860
Tech Adept

Paul,

Was not aware of the other tracks schedule,

does the fourth Weekend of the month work for everyone, or would the second be better for organized events/track days?

I was looking at having something again during Jan, and trying to plan for a race day in Feb, (long weekends coming up)
XTM Mammoth
Tamiya TT-01E
Old 01-10-2010, 02:59 AM   #861
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemfrk View Post
Paul,

Was not aware of the other tracks schedule,

does the fourth Weekend of the month work for everyone, or would the second be better for organized events/track days?

I was looking at having something again during Jan, and trying to plan for a race day in Feb, (long weekends coming up)
I say the 4th weekend, to draw in the Yomitan on-road crowd. If we tell folks at Yomitan our races are the 2nd weekend, they'll have 2 weeks to forget. If we tell them it's NEXT weekend, it'll be fresher in their minds. Besides, the 2nd weekend (every other month) is the drift event at Yomitan, so if we truly want to make this open to the community, we'd have a better chance at drawing the locals in on the 4th weekend, when there are no other R/C events going on. Or course, we can do whatever on our long Military Holiday weekends, but for the normal normal, I say 4th weekend.

Just my 2 cents...

- Paulie
Old 01-10-2010, 03:01 AM   #862
Tech Regular

Didn't we have someone volunteer to host a website? It may work out better than a thread, just a thought.
EX-1.5R Pro, MMM 1800KV
bando711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 03:04 AM   #863
Tech Initiate

I think either way would work. However, I know myself and Josh are about to leave for a few months. We will be back the end of March. Hopefully we will walk into a full blown race schedule...I know you guys will whip something sweet up...

Also, just an FYI, after 15 months being on Camp Hansen, I just realized that there is a hobby shop right outside the front gate here at Hansen. Like the other shops, not a huge selection. Mostly Kyosho. Just letting you know, if you didn't know already.

Brian
brs3842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 03:07 AM   #864
Tech Addict

On a different note, if anyone wants batteries, I am thinking about placing a big order before I leave for Hawaii. If they will let me ship to a diffferent billing address than my bank acccount info, than I'll have it shipped to Japan directly, and skip the APO altogether.

I will be ordering from www.hobbycity.com

They have fantastic deals on Turnigy and Zippy lipos, which from what I've read are every bit as good as the high dollar stuff, without the high dollar price.

E-mail me at [email protected] and let me know what you want. Please don't post it in this thread, because I will not respond.

- Paulie
Old 01-10-2010, 03:07 AM   #865
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by bando711 View Post
Didn't we have someone volunteer to host a website? It may work out better than a thread, just a thought.
Yeah, a website would be sweetness...
Old 01-10-2010, 03:08 AM   #866
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by brs3842 View Post
I think either way would work. However, I know myself and Josh are about to leave for a few months. We will be back the end of March. Hopefully we will walk into a full blown race schedule...I know you guys will whip something sweet up...

Also, just an FYI, after 15 months being on Camp Hansen, I just realized that there is a hobby shop right outside the front gate here at Hansen. Like the other shops, not a huge selection. Mostly Kyosho. Just letting you know, if you didn't know already.

Brian
Do you think they would let you post our flyer in their shop?

- Paulie
Old 01-10-2010, 03:10 AM   #867
Tech Initiate

Yeah I don't see why not. Do you have an electronic copy? I can print it off and take it over there...
Old 01-10-2010, 03:11 AM   #868
Tech Adept

Link to the first 100 pics or so...

http://www.supermotors.net/registry/11473/72206

More to come
XTM Mammoth
Tamiya TT-01E
Old 01-10-2010, 03:29 AM   #869
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Oh man, I'm soooooo pissed I'm leaving for so long now that this is open. Guess it gives me time to save my money to fix everything.

Pictures look great guys, we had such a great turnout. I seen more officers from my 2 squadrons with their kids and wives out there. They loved the high flying action of the 1/8 course. I got a text today asking what they could buy for their kids to start with this hobby. Thats what we did this for...
Z01-T JG O'Donnell SS.21 Powered---FOR SALE
HPI Blitz
Mr. Bojangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 03:33 AM   #870
Tech Regular

Josh, see if a couple of them Officers want to sponsor my high flying act, it costs a bunch to get the 5T airborne................
EX-1.5R Pro, MMM 1800KV
bando711 is offline   Reply With Quote