Courtney Marine Corps Base Off-Road Track Okinawa Japan

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Courtney Marine Corps Base Off-Road Track Okinawa Japan

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 04:43 AM
Tech Addict

Good deal Josh (about Sunday). I'd hate to think I took 2 days of leave to prepare for this and end up not driving do to the weather.

Another thing to consider for Sunday is that RC Paradise is having some sort of off-road thing going on out side on the first floor. May be worth checking that out too and bringing the Slash or 1/10 buggy.

I really do want to go to The Hill on Sunday though, especially if the drivers' stand is still there (the 7 ton).

I'm gonna work through the night to get the Vorza up to "Paulie" specs. Wish me luck.

- Paulie
Old 01-08-2010, 04:57 AM
Tech Adept

I sure hope the weather guessers are right,

if the rain stops soon, we may still be OK.....

Who else is planning on being there around 8, ?

Paulie, you'll be fine,,,

As for the uniforms,

I understand if certain folks don't want to wear theirs, however, we have billed this thing as a joint service, community based project,

I can think of no better way to demonstrate this than to capture the diverse group of service members this hobby attracts..

I look forward to seeing you all tomorrow, rain or shine,

Robert
Old 01-08-2010, 05:11 AM
Tech Regular

Robert...I'll be there. I think the main 6-10 guys will be out around that time also.

When I stopped by this afternoon the area looked good. Both tracks need to be raked but there was not any standing water on the tracks. Let's hope the sun comes early tomorrow.
Old 01-08-2010, 05:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Robert... I'll be there at around 8...with the WIFE! Can you believe that she actually wants to partake in an RC event with me! Amazing...
Old 01-08-2010, 05:50 AM
Tech Regular

The wife and I will be there around 8 as well..............let's get some cars muddy
Old 01-08-2010, 07:46 AM
Tech Adept

All,

The driver stand (7 ton) will be there until Monday.

I am very hopefull we will get to run tomorrow, if for no other reason to show others what we do and to let them try the vehicles is you want...

I am sure after things thin out... mid day maybe, we can have some real fun...and if the sun is out all morning, the track should be perfect...

See you all in the AM
Old 01-08-2010, 01:27 PM
Tech Initiate

Looks like it's shaping up to be a nice day outside...I can see the moon...That's a plus. See you guys there at 8.

Brian
Old 01-08-2010, 01:41 PM
Tech Addict

Well, it looks like I won't be bringing the Vorza...I spent half the night looking for a diff shim which may or may not have been there in the first place. The build calls for 2, and I only have 1, and there is too much side to side play for my liking. Funny thing is that I swore I saw 2 shims when I took it apart. And to think I took leave to get ready for this day...

Oh well, at least I'll have the other cars (Slash, DB01, and D8).

- Paulie
Old 01-08-2010, 01:56 PM
Tech Regular

...........all those cars and you don't have a shim the right size, I am very dissapointed in you
Old 01-08-2010, 02:09 PM
Tech Addict

I know, I'm supper bummed. I destickered the stock Vorza and did my 2010 livery complete with "The Hill" logo as well! The car is all apart now awaiting that diff shim, so I won't even bring it out.

The plan now is to have fun with the cars I have, and if RC Paradise has it I'll swing buy, get it, finish the race set up on the Vorza and test/tune Sunday with it.

So all is not lost (unless they don't have the shim lcoally)...

- P
Old 01-08-2010, 02:33 PM
Tech Regular

The value of my van just tripled............the wife is just shaking her head.

Loaded up and heading to "THE HILL"
Old 01-09-2010, 02:49 AM
Tech Regular

What? Is everyone beat from the track today? Where is all the posts? I want a couple of pics to send out on an email to let everyone who did not show up, see what they missed!!!!

Jon....I have your canopy cover.
Old 01-09-2010, 02:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default PICTURES!

sheesh!

Just finished uploading....

http://www.yellowdunebuggy.com/image...Hill/index.htm

thanks for grabbing the cover and I am beat...
Old 01-09-2010, 03:13 AM
Tech Regular

http://www.yellowdunebuggy.com/image...HILL%20069.htm

That's alot of buggies!!!!
Old 01-09-2010, 03:46 AM
Tech Regular

Not in our wildest dreams did the wife and I think we would have a day like today, at the track, while we were living here. It has been a long journey with lots of frustration and hard work.Robert I can't thank you enough for all you have done to make this track happen. We could not have asked for better weather and the turn out was amazing, shortly after the ceremony there must have been 100 people milling around and checking out the rides. We saw a lot of new faces many of which we will see at "THE HILL" again.

Jon, you are one of the most generous and patient people I know, when I grow up I want to be like you. Thanks for everything you did to get the tracks built.

Paulie, Iggy FANTASTIC job on the design/building of the tracks......you both should be proud.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.