R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 01-07-2010, 02:46 AM   #796
Tech Regular

my 2 cents on the freq. board

Clothes pins with colored flags or tags have worked well, they attach to the radio ant. for people to see. It also reminds you when you are done running to put the clip back for someone else.

clips should not be kept in pit area all day just because you have the color. We have suggested to many people to buy RTR cars, there are not enough options to avoid conflicts.

You should check the board before you even turn your xmitter on in the pits, this is common courtesy, if you have ever had a runaway or interference from another xmitter will driving you understand why these rules need to be in place.

During a race day the race coordinator will deconflict as required. If there becomes a problem with interference during a race it is not uncommon for all AM/FM radios to be impounded until your heat is annouced.

If DSM/2.4ghz is not in your budget there are some other options to help.
http://www.futaba-rc.com/radioaccys/futl20.html

If you would like to upgrade to DSM this a nice system and the price is GOOD!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/SPEKTRUM-DX2-0-D...item53deae0a3b
EX-1.5R Pro, MMM 1800KV

Last edited by bando711; 01-07-2010 at 02:57 AM.
bando711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 06:02 AM   #797
Tech Initiate

Hey Guys,

1st of all, I appreciate all that you guys do for our country, for you guys to put your life on the line to protect us, there is no greater hero.

I have been following your forum for quite some time now. Great to see you all getting the track up and running.

Here is an idea for cleaning the track off, (we do this at my local track) pick up some push brooms and locate them near the marshal locations and the corners of the track. After you complete your heat and are reporting for marshal duty, the marshals are required to sweep the track in thier area before the next heat starts. This way every heat is getting a clean track to run on

It has been working very welll for us as long as the marshals report to the track right after their heat.

Good luck and be safe!
Michael
Michael Mariett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 01:40 PM   #798
Tech Initiate

Thumbs up

Hey gents. I just stumbled on this thread yesterday, and got super excited. I always wondered if there was a track here, but never found much more than konji on the net. With that being said, anyone know of any used rides for sale? I'm looking to buy asap, and possibly be able to run it tomorrow. I have a Slash at home, but I don't really want to bother with shipping it all over. Also, if you guys need any help at the track, let me know. I'm up at Hansen, but it's no problem to come down there and give a hand if you guys need. Okay, let me know if you guys know of any for sale. Thanks.

Brian
brs3842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 02:18 PM   #799
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to YDBD

Where's Ken and his Revo when you need him?

brs3842 PM Bando711...

Michael, thanks for the tip, we got three brooms....

Looks like rain tonight and nice tomorrow.

I will also bring my box of buggy wheels and tires for testing, I got crimefighters, holeshots, komodos, stubs etc....thinking of running a few laps on each, anybody is welcome to grab and try just put em back with some feed back....
YDBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 02:27 PM   #800
Tech Regular

welcome to the forum Brian,

What kind of ride are you looking for?
EX-1.5R Pro, MMM 1800KV
Old 01-07-2010, 02:32 PM   #801
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bando711 View Post
FOR SALE BRUSHLESS REVO
Less than a year old with only 1-2 hour run time on it. List of upgrades and mods: Originally an E-revo RTR, upgraded to a brushless lipo system. Has a EZrun 80 amp system installed, runs great and has plenty of power, I have not experienced any overheating of motor or ESC. Fans installed on both Motor and ESC, both bolt right in to the stock mounting holes. Clean install.
Will include two 30c 5800mah Lipos, not sure of the brand but are lower priced items from China, I have ran them 2-3 times with no issues.
Just installed full set of RPM A-arms with the Rear True track Conversion. Center diff installed, 500k fluid, reverse still works. Front and rear sway bars installed, single steering servo mod done with a few tweaks on the steering. You won’t find a monster truck that turns better than this. Aluminum bottom skid plates front and rear, plus the originals plastic one, with spares.
Have all the original motors and ESC along with mounting plate and cover, all like new with only two runs on them. 23mm conversion on the tires, comes with two sets of 23mm (40 series)tires plus the originals. Two bodies, one brand new one with my green /black ProGraphics paint scheme.
Spare parts, hear is the BONUS, I have a complete Nitro Revo that comes in the deal. Everything you need to put it on the track is there, including a 2.5 motor or the big block conversion that will allow a .21 install. This truck is used and at times abused, but all front and rear assemblies , and diffs will bolt right onto the E-revo, bottom line the E-Revo comes with a full set of spares. Many spare parts!!
Bump box starter for the Nitro truck, many spur gears and a few different pinions,
Only thing E-Revo needs to be race ready is a receiver.
I have over $700 just in the E-revo not counting the spares or the Nirto truck……
First $650 takes it all
This is available, needs a radio and lipo charger
EX-1.5R Pro, MMM 1800KV
Old 01-07-2010, 02:32 PM   #802
Tech Initiate

Well, what do you have? I'm not looking to get too much wrapped up into it for the fact that I'm on the 31st MEU, and we are gone all the time, but enough that I can go out and have a good time... Any ideas?
Old 01-07-2010, 02:44 PM   #803
Tech Initiate

Also, how is X Hobby? I tried to stop in there last night, but they were closed. What are some other hobby shops around? Thanks.

Brian
Old 01-07-2010, 03:01 PM   #804
Tech Regular

The choices for hobby shops are limited........

The best choice for off-road selection would be RC Paradise, they are in the Navel Kadena Shopping plaza(3rd floor above Shakey's pizza). The plaza is located out the closed gate 4 on the north side of Kadena on 58.
They have a better selection than anywhere else. They may have something in a RTR theat you can get on the dirt tomarrow. Good Luck and hope to see you at 'The Hill"
EX-1.5R Pro, MMM 1800KV
Old 01-07-2010, 03:08 PM   #805
Tech Initiate

Sweet. Thanks! What time does everything start tomorrow, 1000? I read it, but can't remember. I had to run to Courtney yesterday, so I went and found the track. Looks pretty sweet. What is the plan for the racers stand for tomorrow? Just curious. We can have some people stand on my Pajero if needed...lol...

Thanks again for the info.

Brian
Old 01-07-2010, 03:30 PM   #806
Tech Regular

The opening ceromony will start @10am........if you would like, come out @8am and help setup.

FYI, RC Paradise should open at noon.
EX-1.5R Pro, MMM 1800KV
Old 01-07-2010, 03:47 PM   #807
Tech Master

People still go to eX hobby???

think we have a 7 ton for a driver stand tomorrow...

I will have three slashes and three losi mini bajas available....
Old 01-07-2010, 03:57 PM   #808
Tech Initiate

If you had to guesstimate, what time do you think everything will be finished?

Also, are you letting people drive your slashes and losi's? I'm going to see what I can get going today, but if you're offereing, I may take you up on one of those ride just for tomorrow.

Thanks.

Brian
Old 01-07-2010, 04:23 PM   #809
Tech Master

I figure about a half hour or so for the opening thing and then driving, hoping to stay till about 2 or 3.

The slashes and losi's are for anyone to use or abuse...as I have controllers for each.

I also will let anyone drive my 5VW, Fusion or DF-03, E-savage or Slash but have to use my controller...
Old 01-07-2010, 05:01 PM   #810
Tech Initiate

Nice. I may have to cut out a little early due to a prior commitment, but should all be good to go. I'm going to hit up RC Paradise later today and see what they got, but if I don't pick up one I will drive one of your slashes.

Also, what track are you going to run the mini's on? I had 3 mini t's back in the day, and we ran them on a dirt oval, it was a blast. Just curious. Thanks.

Brian