Courtney Marine Corps Base Off-Road Track Okinawa Japan

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Courtney Marine Corps Base Off-Road Track Okinawa Japan

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 04:39 AM
Tech Adept

We have had some pretty good turn outs over the past few weekends (average of 8-10 per day) except for this past weekend (weather kept most away).

consistantly we have had the same folks out there as well as those that have been over as they could make it. all work/support is appreciated as many hands makes light work.

the time for changes has passed, we need to remain focused on finishing what is there on each course.

as we all know, as the track gets worked in, mods to the layout will come and track improvement will be continious.

I hope we will have a good turnout and be able finish the track by sat and use Sun for clean up, etc.

Rob
Old 12-28-2009, 06:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Count me in for this 4-day weekend...except for thursday, the wife has me tied up that day. Robert...did i miss something? I didn't even know you had plans for a permanent stand! I take it the conex box stand got shot down at drmo? Look foward to getting this thing done before I leave. Atleast I'll know I contributed something towards this track complex even if i can't race on it. See ya'll this weekend!
Old 12-28-2009, 03:48 PM
Tech Adept

All,

Here are some sketches of the driver stand that will be submitted for construction.
Attached Files
Old 12-28-2009, 05:02 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by chemfrk
All,

Here are some sketches of the driver stand that will be submitted for construction.
Looks great Rob.

I'll go ahead and panel up the long side for the illustration/poster, and add some sort of sunshade as well (I think camo netting would look awesome and keep with the theme of the "park". Speaking of which, it's almost finished (pencil drawing). Just have to make some small tweaks, then scan it into the computer to work it up in color and add the details, etc.

I've worked it up a few ways, and decided that the "theme park" approach works best. Basically, it'll have icons and/or numbers on the illustration, with a legend map showing a description of each. It's really simple, and eliminates the need for a lot of Japanese translation (because everyone will know what 1/8 scale track means, etc).

I should be able to get alot of it done tonight. My goal is to get it done by tomorrow night, and present a finished copy to you on Thursday.

- Paulie
Old 12-28-2009, 06:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Stopped by the track just now, it's to wet to work on, but there are no puddles. If the sun keeps it up I will be going back around 15:30 to try to do some work on it.
Old 12-29-2009, 12:13 AM
Tech Regular

I can be out on Thursday. Friday I'll be at Jon's setting up the timing and getting ready for the night bash. I'll play the weekend out by ear.
Old 12-29-2009, 01:47 AM
Tech Regular

welcome back Anthony, did you have a good trip and Christmas?
Old 12-29-2009, 05:57 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I packed a little over half the 1/10 track today(the rest was a little to wet). WOW! It is amazing to drive on. I tried the 2wd buggy, 4wd buggy, and Blitz, and could make all of the jumps in one way or another.
Old 12-29-2009, 07:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Ken-supposed to have 5 slash motors in the mail, will pick up probably the 31st.

Paulie, even though I like the wash board idea, it is going to be a drainage issue going across the slope....

Zach, welcome, we are have a night race at Blues Bay SC Track for Slashes and other SC trucks on the 1st at 5pm...

gotta lot presents to open Wednesday..so I won't be up to the track...maybe Thursday...
Old 12-29-2009, 03:35 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by YDBD
Paulie, even though I like the wash board idea, it is going to be a drainage issue going across the slope
It hasn't been so far, and it's rained A LOT. Besides, it needs to get filled in a little anyway, so it's not finished as it stands now. When we packed down the area in between the bamboo sticks, it packed down pretty good because the ground was real soft. The idea was to have small "peaks", kinda like little waves, but as it sits right now, it's like 2x4's just sitting on top of the dirt. When I can get a chance to fill in the area a little, and rake it/shape it properly, all that will be needed is to run the skid over it and call it good. Drainage won't be an issue.

In any event, welcome back (you too Anthony). I won't be able to make it to the Jan 1st Slash night race. Just found out my troop is coming back from Afghanistan and she'll be coming in, wait for it...the evening of Jan 1st.

- Paulie
Old 12-29-2009, 03:47 PM
Tech Regular

Welcome back Jon, hope you and the family had a nice cruise vacation!!
Old 12-29-2009, 06:20 PM
Tech Initiate

I was behind the gym last weekend and there was a guy running a Revo he had bought Bojangles. I had an extra Futaba 2.4 controller he was interested in.....does any one know how to contact him? He said he was on this forum but I'll be damned if I can find him. Thanks guys! Oh yeah is anyone going to be at the track on Friday? I am going to try to make it out with Ethan. Can't wait to see this thing!
Old 12-29-2009, 07:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Cool on the washboard, hope we get it packed in good....

Remember Night Time Slash Bash at Blues Bay SC Truck Track Friday Night 5pm till ????

I will have three extra Slashes available...hope some Blitzens show up!

See and Paulie's not gonna show AGAIN!!!! I think he's scared, he has the most excuses not to race!!

Had a pretty good vacation 5 night cruise, Thailand, Malaysia, then 2 days in Singapore--the land of malls...got upgraded on the ship to a suite, coffee on the balcony...nice....
Old 12-29-2009, 07:51 PM
Tech Adept

All,

Hope to see everyone this weekend, if everyone shows, we should be able to get a TON done.

if the weather holds out for the rest of today we should be in good shape.

Camp Services will be dropping off the white barrels today for us to use, so if anyone has a sawz all or a gut off wheel, please bring it so that we can cut these things down to make some marshalling barrels.. etc.

lastly,

I am looking at going 2.4, does anyone have a controller, etc for sale? or have any recommendations for a set up?

Rob
Old 12-29-2009, 08:50 PM
Tech Regular

This is the system I started with and this is a good price.
http://www.myatomic.com/catalog/viewsku?sku=SPM20310

You can find additional receivers for about $50-$60

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.