R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 12-08-2009, 03:22 PM   #481
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to YDBD

Is the equipment gone?

Ken where'd ya get the MM2650kv?

Igy, may have to so we can see the track...
YDBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 04:27 PM   #482
Tech Regular

There is plenty of asphalt pieces to stack up for a stand. How high do we need to go? Should we take the effort to piece them together and make something that is fairly level? It can be done in a couple of hours if we use the front end loader.
EX-1.5R Pro, MMM 1800KV
bando711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 04:29 PM   #483
Tech Regular

Jon, got it off E-bay $247 expressed shipped.

Are you and Iggy the only ones with the Baja? I really like the 5T
EX-1.5R Pro, MMM 1800KV
Old 12-08-2009, 05:23 PM   #484
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Bojangles View Post
It went well. Realized I need softer tires, softer suspension, and better driving skills! Gonna have to buy a few more air filters too, after 2 tanks my filter was completely brown! lol Tested 2 different treads for tires and found a good one. AKA I-Beams in soft compound. As the dust comes off the track i'm sure a different tire will be better. But with the dust and loose stuff on the top they worked really well.
Sounds good. I have a brand new set of AKA I-Beam soft premounts for just this reason. Glad to see they work as advertised. And when the track does change, I have a slew of other AKA premounts to try as well in various compounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murdadock View Post
I think I am picking up a 1/8 buggy really soon. Any suggestions? (besides Jon's would be Castor suggestion)
Electric or Nitro?

Electric - HPI VORZA

Nitro - Hot Bodies D8

Quote:
Originally Posted by igyrigged View Post
Anybody have a spare starter box (1/8 buggy) they want to sell?
I thought you weren't going to get a Nitro Buggy...you changed your mind? What did you end up getting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bando711 View Post

New proud owner of Fusion EX-1, Mamba Monster Neu-Castle 2650, powered by two Max Amp 6500 Lipos.
Ken, are you getting rid of the Nitro Buggy and just going electric?

So besides Iggy wanting a starter box for some kind of Nitro vehicle, am I the only one that will run a Nitro Buggy now? Seems I see a shift here towards running 1/8th scale Electric buggies. Not a problem with that at all, just want to know if I'll be able to run my Nitro buggy against similar competition.

About the tripple jump - Whatever you guys decide. I agree with Ken in that marshaling that area will become a problem since some folks will likely make it on to the main straight after a failed tripple jump attempt. I don't think anyone saw that coming when we were looking at the track design (me included).

- Paulie
pgeldz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 05:36 PM   #485
Tech Regular

To quote Spock (sort of) " 1/8 scale NITRO buggy is and always be my freind"

Looking into alot of changes, not sure which direction I will go.
EX-1.5R Pro, MMM 1800KV
Old 12-08-2009, 08:09 PM   #486
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Looking into alot of changes, not sure which direction I will go.[/QUOTE]

I haven't even turned a wheel on my Slash and I'm already thinking about getting a 1/8 buggy. That Ultra LX1e from Ofna looks pretty good...and is cheap.
raycerZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 10:27 PM   #487
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by bando711 View Post
.........Jon always ruins things, talking like an adult.

I will be at the track all day Sunday for work (and a little driving)

Jason, you thinking Nitro or Electric? My Kyosho 777SP2 and everything I have for it is going on the for sale lot very soon, I can get set someone up with everything they need to get started in 1/8 Nitro buggy. Spare parts, starter box, several motors,bodies.....spare parts.......spare parts enough to make a second buggy with spare parts left over.

Iggy what you got going on? Nitro? I think your son needs a Brushless REVO

New proud owner of Fusion EX-1, Mamba Monster Neu-Castle 2650, powered by two Max Amp 6500 Lipos.
Damn I missed this post. Ken, what are you looking to get out of the Nitro setup? I just picked up Nick-san's old Mugen MBX5R, but I know my son is gonna want something also. If the price is right for me, I'll be driving a 777 and he will be tooling around a Mugen.

He needs to run over a brushless Revo with his brushless Truggy.
igyrigged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 10:51 PM   #488
Tech Regular

I will compile a list and numbers by the w/e..........but it is very affordable when you start adding it up.
EX-1.5R Pro, MMM 1800KV
Old 12-09-2009, 02:50 AM   #489
Tech Regular

I'm planning on going out to the tracks on Sunday. What all do we need to purchase for track upkeep? Rakes, shovels, pick ax, wheel barrow??????

Everyone---I have a lead on a Ko Propo Type 2 timing system. The version above the one that we use at Siro. It uses the same transponders but the stock crystals that come with the transponder. It also comes with about 30 transponders (#1-#10). They want $500 shipped. All comments are welcome. I am going TAD/TDY to the states next week and I would like to tell the guy yes or no before I go. My thought on it is that it could be used as the main system and we have the AMB for a backup.
TEAMS: Team Terribles, Team P.O.R.N. (www.pacificoffroadnitro.4t.com)
RACERS: Caster Fusion, Tamiya TA-05R, TA-05, M-03M, Caster K8-T, and many more!!!
crymynal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 04:44 AM   #490
Tech Regular

I am for getting the new system............. I am not having much luck with the old xponders and the battery change. Not sure we will have a good connection and we don't want an intermitant signal.

You can count me for $125 towards the new one.
EX-1.5R Pro, MMM 1800KV
Old 12-09-2009, 04:55 AM   #491
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I still got the nitro bug. Looking for a truggy right now. Anyone got one!?!?

I bought a shovel and a rake for the track. And I'll put some cash in towards a computer system.
Z01-T JG O'Donnell SS.21 Powered---FOR SALE
HPI Blitz
Mr. Bojangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 08:04 AM   #492
Tech Initiate

Hye guys. Just reading through the forum and keeping updated on the track for when i get there in Feb. I am not a great racer by any means, but I have been to many tracks on the east coast, mid west, and west coast and I have yet to see one track run the KO PRO track timer. If this helps in you decision here is a link to a forum about the KO PRO, rctech.net/forum/racing-forum/30164-need-opinions-ko-propo-arc-lap-counter Everyone runs the AMB transponder setup. It is pretty universal. You can have rentals or you can even have personal transponders as well. It is a great setup. The looping wire only needs to be under ground about 1 to 2 inches and most people run them coming out of a turn and into the straight, (so the cars are going slow enough to be picked up).

Also, Josh, I am in for truggy. I was hoping there would be more out there, oh well it just means I will have to get a buggy again.

What are the race fees going to be? has there been a schedule posted for next year? If you do get rental transponders you could temp loan them for $5 a day, it seems to be the going rate. And it will help them pay themselves off too.

One last thing, have you got a watering system for the track? It sounds pretty dusty and that dust will just build up. Water would be great......if not I would recommend that you invest in about 10 strong push brooms to broom the track. It works real good and you only have to broom the racing line. Just my two cents, i hope this helps

No matter what kind of lap timing system you get, let me know so I can make sure I have a transponder that will work with it. Thanks

MBX6T
V-Spec VZ-B

Last edited by wolfeml; 12-09-2009 at 10:16 AM.
wolfeml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 02:48 PM   #493
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to YDBD

Hey Matt,

We do have the AMB system right now, but only about 10 of the 20 transponders seem to hold a charge.

The road track uses the KO system here and the ARC transponders are 1800 yen each. The five guys that race on road, me, Paulie, Ken, Jason, Anthony already have 1-2 of these.

I'm not sure of the X hobby shop's system, but they usually ran it at the on road track at Chibana and once out at the old off road track.

as far as truggies go, Igy, Ethan and Josh have them. Igy's is electric. So that's four of you guys, enough for a class...

We have a fire hydrant across the street and can get 300' of hose, we need about 300' more to cover the track. I am working on getting some plastic barrels and maybe a fiberglass water tower to catch rainwater. Hoping for some rain tomorrow so Sunday it would be good to work on.

I have two coarse brooms here at school I can grab.
YDBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 03:31 PM   #494
Tech Initiate

Jon you are awesome!!! If this turns into the track it sounds like them more and more people could/will get their own personal transponders. Not having to run around and swap transponders is such a pain. Seeing that it is winter time here, soon, they should start to be seen on ebay for a decent price for an AMB personal.

Do you guys have the hook ups and the permission to tap into the fire hydrant? If so you can really pull some water through there. If not at least fill a water tank. We used a 500 gallon fiber glass tank that lasted a couple of race days. We hooked up a pretty cheap trash pump to it and ran 3-4 hoses off of it and it did pretty well to wet the track. I can take pictures of what we hooked up here if it would help with some ideas for watering. If you had the tank then it would just have to be filled from time to time versus pulling from the hydrant every race day. Another thing we did was to mix some bags of calcium with the water tank and it helps the dirt to hold the water better.

The more I sit here and recover from surgery the more I am getting excited about getting there. When do you think you will get some pictures of the track progress up so those of us on the other side of the planet can dream about the future? hahaha

Thanks for being so informative for me. Maybe soon enough I will have enough posts that I can put a URL in my postings. Anybody know how many it takes to get that permission?

MBX6T
V-Spec VZ-B
wolfeml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 03:31 PM   #495
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to Murdadock

To add to what Jon said, there are also several Japanese folks that run off-road too and they probably also have the KOs. So these are a pretty common RC bag item here. I think the KO timing system would be a better because of immediate availability and the price per transponder is not bad. It also seems to be a very dependable system. Will we be running the timer under the track like BIOs?

If there are no KOPROPO timers in the states, I don't mind selling my transponders when I leave at about 50% off to the club members either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfeml View Post
Thanks for being so informative for me. Maybe soon enough I will have enough posts that I can put a URL in my postings. Anybody know how many it takes to get that permission?
Your almost there. It is 10-20
Axial Scorpion, TRXS Slash
TA-05 (Sticking w/ Beginner Class BTW)
Murdadock is offline   Reply With Quote