R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 12-07-2009, 03:32 PM   #466
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to YDBD

I'm running Trak Power 2s 5000 30c in my Caster Fusion, Intellect 4000 20c and trinity 4500 with internal cutoffs in my Slash, E-zilla and DF03. The rc shop has wide variety of Lipos here, from enroute, option#1, orion, and a couple other brands.

I bought two zippy lipos from hobbycity, had one short out and fire up in a Losi 8T, but rebuilt it and sold it to Igy.

Thinking on the triple...anybody have any opinion after the runs on Sunday? I think it's doable with a little practice, options would be to fill in #3 a bit or make #1 larger. After talking to Paulie and Ken, I think a taller jump would be great from the #1 and get the buggies/truggies higher.

Key thing is the track is designed for 1/8 buggies and truggies, not 1/10 monster trucks. I would hate having guys come out and drive their only rig and break it on a jump that they are not intended to clear.

Further track work...

pit row and pit stand
more stakes and punching the existing ones down
packing and tamping after a rain

and I'd like to thank the guys for throwing the cigarette butts in my tool crate, made the van smell nice.
YDBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 07:21 PM   #467
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I vote, don't touch the third jump. It was easy enough to make, and the landing to double in and single out is good. If you extend the third jump closer to the second, you will make it harder to double in and single out. A slight angle ajustment on the first jump would be easy, and may make it easier to line up the double after the triple, because you would lose some speed in the air.
igyrigged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 09:14 PM   #468
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Hey guys, headed up to the track to do some work in about an hour. Gonna test the buggy too. Anyone cares to join me head on up!
Z01-T JG O'Donnell SS.21 Powered---FOR SALE
HPI Blitz
Mr. Bojangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 03:14 AM   #469
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Bojangles View Post
Hey guys, headed up to the track to do some work in about an hour. Gonna test the buggy too. Anyone cares to join me head on up!
How'd it go? Did you get any testing done?

I'm really itching to get the D8 on the track to see how it'll do.

- Paulie
pgeldz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 03:20 AM   #470
Tech Fanatic

I vote to keep the landing the same. Maybe make the 1st jump a little taller yes. But to be honest, my gas buggy can clear all three with a good run-up, so i'm pretty sure the 1st jump is good. We just need to clean up the run-up to it so people can generate enough speed to clear the triple.
HPI Blitz
Old 12-08-2009, 04:22 AM   #471
Tech Regular

My 2 cents on the triple:

I like the setup for 1/8 buggies but that is not the only vehicles out there.

Remember the ORIGINAL concept was a complex that families and newcomers could go to run their RC's

The triple is a widow maker and there is nothing more diappointing than breaking your RC on the first lap and not having a spare . I know, they don't have to attempt the jump...........not going to happen, if it is there they will attempt it.

MOST IMPORTANT: There were alot of track designs shot down because there was no place for turn marshals............I watched and drove for a couple of hours and saw many,many cars flying into the main straight away. Not a good place to be chasing cars.

As the track gets torn up less and less cars will make or attempt the triple, we can't stop racing every 3-4 races to fix the runup.

Suggest we combine the 2nd and 3rd jumps, that way EVERYONE will be able to take as much or as little air/distance they want.

Bottom line let's not just think of the racer......we need to get more people out to the track on a regular basis before we have enough for a race.

Once again, just my thoughts.
EX-1.5R Pro, MMM 1800KV
bando711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 05:34 AM   #472
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to Murdadock

Quote:
Originally Posted by bando711 View Post
My 2 cents on the triple:

I like the setup for 1/8 buggies but that is not the only vehicles out there.

Remember the ORIGINAL concept was a complex that families and newcomers could go to run their RC's

The triple is a widow maker and there is nothing more diappointing than breaking your RC on the first lap and not having a spare . I know, they don't have to attempt the jump...........not going to happen, if it is there they will attempt it.

MOST IMPORTANT: There were alot of track designs shot down because there was no place for turn marshals............I watched and drove for a couple of hours and saw many,many cars flying into the main straight away. Not a good place to be chasing cars.

As the track gets torn up less and less cars will make or attempt the triple, we can't stop racing every 3-4 races to fix the runup.

Suggest we combine the 2nd and 3rd jumps, that way EVERYONE will be able to take as much or as little air/distance they want.

Bottom line let's not just think of the racer......we need to get more people out to the track on a regular basis before we have enough for a race.

Once again, just my thoughts.
Well said. I think I am picking up a 1/8 buggy really soon. Any suggestions? (besides Jon's would be Castor suggestion)
Axial Scorpion, TRXS Slash
TA-05 (Sticking w/ Beginner Class BTW)
Murdadock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 05:46 AM   #473
Tech Addict

Anybody have a spare starter box (1/8 buggy) they want to sell?
Old 12-08-2009, 06:14 AM   #474
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murdadock View Post
Well said. I think I am picking up a 1/8 buggy really soon. Any suggestions? (besides Jon's would be Castor suggestion)
How much are wanting to spend? Electric or Nitro?

As for the triple, whatever you guys decide. I like it either way. I do agree that jumping into the straight off the triple is gonna be trouble for some of us. (especially me! lol) I ended up trying to triple it today, but my motor is just past break in and still has a bit of loosening up to do. So I just ended up double - singling it after a few attempts.

Ken, I didn't mean fixing it as often as you said (3-4 races) I meant, like Jon has said, that after it rains or we wet it down, that we get rid of some of the larger bumps that are present now.
HPI Blitz
Old 12-08-2009, 06:24 AM   #475
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgeldz View Post
How'd it go? Did you get any testing done?

I'm really itching to get the D8 on the track to see how it'll do.

- Paulie
It went well. Realized I need softer tires, softer suspension, and better driving skills! Gonna have to buy a few more air filters too, after 2 tanks my filter was completely brown! lol Tested 2 different treads for tires and found a good one. AKA I-Beams in soft compound. As the dust comes off the track i'm sure a different tire will be better. But with the dust and loose stuff on the top they worked really well.
HPI Blitz
Old 12-08-2009, 06:25 AM   #476
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by igyrigged View Post
Anybody have a spare starter box (1/8 buggy) they want to sell?
Yes, my neighbor has an Ofna Truggy box for sale. I'll get you a price if your interested.
HPI Blitz
Old 12-08-2009, 01:56 PM   #477
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to YDBD

would like to see the #1 be more of a big hump than a little kicker jump that it is, but not like the flat top hump at Bios.

Jason, I wouldn't recommend a Castor, I would recommend a Caster. E buggy of course.

Ken's gotta point on the marshalling the speed/jump lanes. I still think the pit area on the speed section with no slow down is asking for buggy to buggy crashes when merging back on the track.

another thinking point is where will the lap counter go? I would think putting it on the high speed section is NOT optimal, where do most tracks run them? Siro is on the end of a low speed turn and approaching a medium speed turn.

I want to get out and drive too, but I think we should concentrate on finishing the tracks before any more driving. If we continue to drive on the track it will be so torn up as the surface is not prepped enough. When we get a good rain and hope we can get Mike the workhorse with the equipment back out there. Plus there is the safety issue with out the clear vision from a driver stand.

I am requesting that nobody drives until another workday and we make some adjustments and then we can all try it and have ANOTHER committee meeting...
YDBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 02:55 PM   #478
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Bojangles View Post
Yes, my neighbor has an Ofna Truggy box for sale. I'll get you a price if your interested.
Definitely interested!
Old 12-08-2009, 03:13 PM   #479
Tech Regular

.........Jon always ruins things, talking like an adult.

I will be at the track all day Sunday for work (and a little driving)

Jason, you thinking Nitro or Electric? My Kyosho 777SP2 and everything I have for it is going on the for sale lot very soon, I can get set someone up with everything they need to get started in 1/8 Nitro buggy. Spare parts, starter box, several motors,bodies.....spare parts.......spare parts enough to make a second buggy with spare parts left over.

Iggy what you got going on? Nitro? I think your son needs a Brushless REVO

New proud owner of Fusion EX-1, Mamba Monster Neu-Castle 2650, powered by two Max Amp 6500 Lipos.
EX-1.5R Pro, MMM 1800KV
bando711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 03:13 PM   #480
Tech Addict

So, when are we moving the rockcrawler section in between the tracks, so we will atleast have a makeshift driver stand in the next millenium?