R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 11-29-2003, 09:35 PM   #1
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to squarehead Send a message via MSN to squarehead Send a message via Yahoo to squarehead Send a message via Skype™ to squarehead
Looking for Ozite in N. Illinois...

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum, and I thought I'd check in and sey, "hey."

I have been out of it for a few years, but I have a big itch to run carpet again, specifically with a 12th scale carpet car. Does anyone know of any tracks in Northern Illinois running carpet this winter?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

-doug
squarehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 09:47 AM   #2
Tech Adept

Default tracks in Illinois

I race at Aj'S raceway in DeKalb. The track is ozite carpet and it changes everyweek. Here is the site http://www.ajsraceway.com/ and here is another site with more tracks http://www.chicagorc.com.
kevinm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003, 07:26 AM   #3
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to squarehead Send a message via MSN to squarehead Send a message via Yahoo to squarehead Send a message via Skype™ to squarehead
Thumbs up

I used to race out at AJs when he only had an outdor track about 11 years ago. His site doesn't have any current schedule or class information on it, and he hasn't responded to any e-mail. Does anyone know times, classes, rules (12th scale) or dates for races?

I have a car finally that is almost ready to drop on a track, and I'm getting itchy to race.

Went out to the Libertyville track last night, and it was a LOT smaller than I expected, and no 12th scale cars. Maybe that was because the Nats were last week and people were resting.

Anything else out there I should know about?

TIA,

doug
Old 12-19-2003, 11:11 AM   #4
Tech Adept

Cool Classes and dates at AJ'S

Hi, Aj has an indoor ozite carpet track that is really big. The track changes weekly to keep everyone on there toes. The track is open for practice and Fri. and Sat. and race on Sunday. Track opens at 9:00am and racing starts at noon. They have 12th scale 19 turn 4cell and 10'th scale TC stock rubber and foam if there is enough. They also have 19 turn TC 10'th scale foam which is growing really quickly. I talked to Aj about his email and he said he doesn't check it often. He is only there and Fri.Sat. and Sun. so if you try to reach him anyother time he isn't in. He also has an outdoor asphlt track that was redone and is pretty much safe for your car. I didn't break once all summer running my NTC3. He also has a dirt track. I hope this helps.
Kevin
Old 12-19-2003, 12:35 PM   #5
Tech Elite

Thanks Kevin... gotta order a 19t to run up there. Couple of weekends away from having the 12th scale car ready to fly. Ahhhh the wintergreen.

Thanks much!

doug
Old 12-19-2003, 09:42 PM   #6
Tech Adept

If you like the smell of paragon then your in for a treat. That's what everyone uses. I particularly don't like the smell so I'm going to try the niftech stuff soon. Well hope to see ya soon and bring a couple of friends you'll have a great time.