Baghdad Speedway (Camp Liberty, Iraq)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Baghdad Speedway (Camp Liberty, Iraq)

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 10:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up Baghdad Speedway (Camp Liberty, Iraq)

This is one mainly for my fellow service members, and also for any civilians working on the Victory Base Complex in Iraq. I didnt really find it, and its nothing new but there is an R/C track on Liberty, and its rather nice. I just got my first car yesterday and plan on spending some of my down time there tomorrow. Hopefully I can get my camera charged tonight and if I do I should have pictures to post tomorrow of the track itself.

Ive heard there are other R/C tracks in theater but this is the first Ive seen. More to follow.
Old 03-21-2009, 07:03 PM
Tech Regular

In tikrit I built an oval track in a hangar. we raced good ole stock cars. All the cars were tamiya TT-01 touring cars with stock 540 motors and HPI Monte Carlo bodies or taurus bodies. here are some pics.

Old 03-22-2009, 01:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

I went to the course today and I had my camera, but I totally forgot to take pictures. How lame of me.

But I will be trying to go to the course at least once a week, so fear not. And it is an awesome course. Better for smaller cars, and a few spots that are hard to navigate from the drivers platforms but its awesome nonetheless.
Old 05-02-2009, 12:56 PM
Tech Rookie

Default BIS

Just letting everyone know that spend time in Baghdad. We do have a track. We have lights, 110/220 power, timing system w/ transponders and lots of fun. All racing is on Sunday with reg. at 1800-1830 and racing right after that. Every one out at the track is there to help and have fun.

We also have a big race every quarter with prizes.
Attached Thumbnails Baghdad Speedway (Camp Liberty, Iraq)-2nd-quarter-race-006.jpg   Baghdad Speedway (Camp Liberty, Iraq)-2nd-quarter-race-007.jpg   Baghdad Speedway (Camp Liberty, Iraq)-2nd-quarter-race-008.jpg  
Old 05-03-2009, 05:15 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default looks good

daldrich275 the track looks good what classes are you running there
or is run what u brung
Old 05-03-2009, 06:08 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

we fellow hobbyists salute you and your efforts (both rc and your sacrifice). looks like rubbin is indeed racing over there on that shorttrack. dont think the real round-dee-round boys would have it any different.

keep postin pix. and best wishes

R
Old 05-03-2009, 03:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

I agree, We all appreciate your service. Enjoy your racing abroad, until you guys are racing back in the states.

Stay safe, Brad
Old 05-03-2009, 06:32 PM
Tech Master

That's brilliant! I am serving in the Royal Air Force and recently returned to the UK from a 4 month stint within Kandahar Air Field, Afghanistan. I toyed with the idea of making a track at KAF but did n't bother in the end. Now I wish I had!! My family and myself are now living and working in Virginia Beach, VA, so will be racing with my twin stck radio around this area! Cheers guys, return home safe and all the best, CPL Chris Taylor.
Old 05-05-2009, 04:55 AM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by MMS1
daldrich275 the track looks good what classes are you running there
or is run what u brung
We run 2wd (all types), 4wd buggy, 1/8 scale, monster elec., and monster nitro. They are all open classes with whatever you have in your car. Would like to have a better breakout, but only about 30 racers with a wide selection of cars. The 1/8 class is starting to expand quickly once people see what the 1/8 brushless can do.

The track is also sponsered by Schmacher and many other companies like Castle Creations give good deals for the soldiers.
Old 05-05-2009, 05:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Cool stuff. Do you guys just bring your cars with you from home? What do you do if you need parts?

Any Canadians racing there?

Thanks for all you guys do.
Old 05-05-2009, 05:15 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Timbulb
Cool stuff. Do you guys just bring your cars with you from home? What do you do if you need parts?

Any Canadians racing there?

Thanks for all you guys do.
That is the tricky part. Everybody has their own hobby shop with them. Most of us could build a second if not third car with the spare parts. Many people will also loan parts until you can get repalcements in (takes 7-10 days from most US hobby stores). Some guys bought their cars, but many see us racing and then buy via the internet.

Many cars get bought and sold over here. Someone will by a starter car and within a month or so want to upgrade so he/she will sell the starter.

Have not seen any Candians racing, but if they read this they are more than welcome.
Old 05-05-2009, 05:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Dude

Man that is awesome, wish I had that both times I was there. Wish I wouldve thought of that when I was in Ramadi. There were many places to have a nice track. What companys offer deals for soldiers as I am in Korea now and would love to get some great deals on good stuff.
Old 05-05-2009, 03:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default Best Thread

Just want to say this is one of the best threads on here, and I am glad you guys are still able to find the time to Race and play. Thank you and keep safe and keep posting.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:52 PM
Tech Master

I SO wished I had done what you guys have, I was BORED silly whilst not at work at KAF! All the very best.
Old 05-15-2009, 11:56 PM
Tech Rookie

Default 2nd Quarter Race

Here is a photo from our second quarter race. I will also be putting some new track photos up since we made some changes and made the track at least 10ft wide in every lane.
Attached Thumbnails Baghdad Speedway (Camp Liberty, Iraq)-dsc00922.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.