R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 03-25-2009, 02:57 AM   #16
Tech Adept

Default WHOOOOOOAAAAAAAA

Hey every body !!! Lets go racin !!! I am in La Mesa by the Vons on La Mesa Blvd. Krupted, and rc adick I will PM you my #. You are welcome to come. I am a little late posting because I was on a dating web cite, and actually got responses !!!! Whoooo Hooooo !!!! I'm like, hey, So thats why I amposting at 3 am. The track is bassic for now. But I am going to start building jumps for the new, big layout in El Cajon. I want to build a replica of how Hot Rod was for the rained out race 1. I need to build triples, and stuff.

Lets say 6-8:50 I have a bussy week, at 9:30 we have a night time floor to clean.
BrianKuyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 08:06 AM   #17
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianKuyper View Post
Hey every body !!! Lets go racin !!! I am in La Mesa by the Vons on La Mesa Blvd. Krupted, and rc adick I will PM you my #. You are welcome to come. I am a little late posting because I was on a dating web cite, and actually got responses !!!! Whoooo Hooooo !!!! I'm like, hey, So thats why I amposting at 3 am. The track is bassic for now. But I am going to start building jumps for the new, big layout in El Cajon. I want to build a replica of how Hot Rod was for the rained out race 1. I need to build triples, and stuff.

Lets say 6-8:50 I have a bussy week, at 9:30 we have a night time floor to clean.
Sounds good. Let me know when ever you get a chance. You run Nitro at all I have a 1/8 scale buggy if able to run.

Losi 22m 2.0
Losi SCTe
Axial SCX10 Deadbolt Crawler
Krupted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 09:48 AM   #18
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Count me in!
Giulitto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 04:04 PM   #19
Tech Adept

Default 3/25/09 Race

Goog to here you are coming Guilito !!! Ohter Slashes should be coming too. I will be watering. After the rainy weekend it was nice and packed. I want to try to keep dust down. Bow ties over step pins I belive. Just need to go to the bank, and take my dog to day care (she is friendly but not to RC's).
Old 03-29-2009, 07:11 PM   #20
Tech Adept

Default Sunday

To the Slash guys from South Bay, I didn't catch the post in time for 2wed's ago. We run every wed. Two other racers are out of the South Bay, maybe someday carpool !! I PM'ed you info, give me a call whenever you are ready.

I just had a RC tradgedy. While testing my new 6.5 brushless, making sure the diff was tight enough, I somehow got 2.4 gh interference, had a runaway. Sawed off the front right of my truck. Verry lucky I didn't break more.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:17 AM   #21
Tech Apprentice

Brain you going to be playing tonight.
Racer For Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 04:35 PM   #22
Tech Adept

Default wed the 1st

Open soon, around 5. I believe I PM'ed out the info to the new people that posted. Call if you are coming. Dropping the dog off.

We have lighting, we are just looking to add more. Halogens are a dime a dozen, and in night RC they make the world go round. Any lighting aditions are welcome. I have 3 halogens always.

Get ready to rumpus.
Old 04-01-2009, 05:59 PM   #23
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Can't make it tonight, I broke the slash at Discount on Sunday and haven't bought the parts yet. This will probably be the night of a big slash turnout, oh well, maybe next week. Hey Brian, did you get my PM about the onroad car?
Giulitto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 10:01 PM   #24
Tech Adept

Default Fri

Hey guillito, no prob. Light turnout. No biggie. I still have a truck for sale, a co-workers Losi XXX-T. Good clean "race" truck. What did you break ? We have been running wet track, DIALED traction.

Anybody- we have experienced, and new RC enthusiasts, this has been an oportunity for us old wrenches to help new enthusiasts. Got a Broken Slash ? Need a hand fixing your RC ? Post, I'll give you directions, come down, even if you aren't fully "Race Ready"--(back yard rc mind you). We can steer you in the right direction.

Any Pro's checking out the thread? Throw some elbows please ! You could for example coment as to weather or not my breath sticks, and weather or not you can beat me.
Old 04-05-2009, 09:08 PM   #25
Tech Adept

Default WHOOOOOO

Had a blast at Discount Hobies on road. Any body wanting XXX's info just ask.
Saw a lot of people from the old FHR. Roy, Ward, the good ole electric crowd.

Ed's Slash is the most dialed at discount, for sure. TC5 is fast too. If any body is willing to contribute sheets of thin ply wood. vaneer really. they come in $20 pre cut 1.5'x2' sheets. A sheet would help us take it to the next level. I am going to build some wood obsticles, jumps rollers.

Hope to see more and more people come out, post a request, and I will PM info back.
Old 04-06-2009, 09:12 AM   #26
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Corrugated Flex Tube

Kuyper --Do you want some plastic orange flexible conduit? About 50' and is about 1 1/2" - 2" OD. It is used for Running fiber optic cables through it. It's yours if needed.

Jess
J Willhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 04:10 PM   #27
Tech Rookie

Default How to start your own dirt track

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianKuyper View Post
San Diego 1/10 elec FUN club. Back yard tracks lo key, fun. Its here people !! Our own Thread !!!!
Whats up Brian like you a friend of mine and I are ready to start construction on our track for our SLASHES. Our problem is this we have no clue on how or where to start. Do you have any clues or hints to help get us started. We have 2.3 acres of land but its covered with grass and our first formation will be a figure eight please help us. Sicerely Ronnell and Chris
Ronnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 12:32 PM   #28
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Lets see some pics of this track i would like to see the layout. I also have a large backyard track and am always looking for new ideas.

Erik
Old 04-08-2009, 09:48 PM   #29
Tech Adept

Default Wed night

We ran tonight, had 3 slashes. We had a good time. Hope to se every one back. Lots of cars for the track. I can hardly wait to put some time in modifying the track.

XXXs setup continued. Roll center- front high, rear low Ward I forgot to mention this previosly. Add rear toe for rear traciton, +1/2s on my car +1 might be better. The brand of tire sauce I showed you guys is bomb.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:59 PM   #30
Tech Adept

Default ...

I will get track pics- due to popular demand.

The first thing with building a track is having the land. Once in hand, weed wacking the land to bare dirt is the biggest challenge. I use a cheapie electric weed hog. Run high at first then lower and lower till the dirt is flying. You are in luck Jes seems to have pipe up for grabs. My track was a big oval, but one former strait-away is now a zig zag, thanks to track crew Coop. A great change. 180s, 90deg turns,sweepers, just try to have a few of each, make it all connect and work out. If you let us come run we could help. We are looking to make it a series that goes to many different back yard tracks.

JESS----YES PLEASE, on the hose, rad, I have two tracks to outlin really. Wait three if Dan lets us come over.