Hobby Headquarters Drums,PA. Northeast >

Hobby Headquarters Drums,PA. Northeast

Hobby Headquarters Drums,PA. Northeast

Old 08-07-2011, 09:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rallyebmx
Man ,i dont miss this stuff
Hello Tom. I'm about to become my unpleasant self here, LMFAO. Always gotta have a super duper sct racer fly through then disappear. I'll be glad to see HHQ rolling again. I drive within a mile of it twice everyday going to work.
Old 08-07-2011, 09:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Its the classic 'u need to cater to exactly what i want' rc syndrome
Old 08-07-2011, 11:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The layout Mark and Kelby did is quite cool. Only thing i would change is the last 4 singles that were added that can't be double doubled. Might just start on it fri night after work. Have to see what Allen has to rake the surface. It's a challenging layout. Very much a drivers track. Not much horsepower needed, damn it! You would enjoy it Tom.
Old 08-08-2011, 12:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Im sure Kelby made a killer lay out. I always liked it there. Bottom line is, the racers are few and far between out that way Even if it was a short course pleasure dome
Old 08-08-2011, 11:54 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

If the tools are available to use, I'd be willing to help get the track cleaned up and such. The track needs to be weeded and all the rocks raked out. I was there about a month ago to just practice and was surprised by all the weeds and rocks. Went down hill for sure. If I had seen a rake while I was there I would of started cleaning the track a bit. Would of made it a bid more enjoyable.

I mainly like to run my 8th buggy and truggy but also have a 10th buggy and 4wd SCT that I like to run on occasion. I could not run the 10th buggy there as it was too rocky, especially in between the jumps. I'm not the best driver either so I don't always go for the doubles.

A track can still be a drivers track without the huge jumps, doubles and triples. That turn/jump (turn 2) in the right rear can be really tricky, but that's something I need to work on.

I'm only about 20min from the track, its the closest track to me, I really hope we can get it cleaned up and possibly get a good race scene going.
Old 08-08-2011, 06:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Does the hobby shop still carrying anything? Yeah with some work this could be the premerie RC track on the east coast. but I guess from hearing the owner of the land gave it to a group of guys to run the track he has no intrest. Shame.
Old 08-08-2011, 06:43 PM
Tech Regular

The shop is half hobby shop, half flower and gift shop.

Allen is into air planes mainly. They stock what people race on the track for the most part. Terry told me if I start racing (I mainly just went there to practice, was planning to join in on the club races this season) that they could stock spare parts for whatever car I run.

Allen and Terry also own a tree service which is their primary business.

I'm willing to help out this coming Saturday and/or Sunday.
Old 08-09-2011, 10:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

Owner into planes, handed it down to a group of guys......So the main goal/purpose when opening this track was what? I think its too late in the season to start working on the track....maybe next spring..and come out with a weekly race schedule. Start promoting to attract all racers not just a certain class. HQ could be booming with business if done right.
Old 08-09-2011, 10:34 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by VandelayInc
Owner into planes, handed it down to a group of guys......So the main goal/purpose when opening this track was what? I think its too late in the season to start working on the track....maybe next spring..and come out with a weekly race schedule. Start promoting to attract all racers not just a certain class. HQ could be booming with business if done right.
First off, you are pretty much talking to regulars on here and it's nothing more than wasting oxygen. Actions speak louder than words and until you go talk to the owners yourself, save your breathe. In addition, this is not California and the number of racers in this region is not what you think. Most of us travel regularly to tracks and it is the same groups of faces that we see. So, the economy sucks going on three years now and it's not looking any brighter. There is nothing booming in business. If you want to join the group of regulars/hardcore guys I suggest you give up your bandwagon on HQ and try some of the other tracks. Rob Hamm is a great guy and due to his health he can't do that track work alone. No track owner can do anything without others help. And how old are you? Because you have the mentality of a 12 year old that is stuck in facebook society and does not have the balls to visit the shop or even pick up the telephone and give them a call. Oh, and welcome to PA and I would be glad to have you the at the track I normally support in my signature.
Old 08-09-2011, 10:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jmackani
First off, you are pretty much talking to regulars on here and it's nothing more than wasting oxygen. Actions speak louder than words and until you go talk to the owners yourself, save your breathe. In addition, this is not California and the number of racers in this region is not what you think. Most of us travel regularly to tracks and it is the same groups of faces that we see. So, the economy sucks going on three years now and it's not looking any brighter. There is nothing booming in business. If you want to join the group of regulars/hardcore guys I suggest you give up your bandwagon on HQ and try some of the other tracks. Rob Hamm is a great guy and due to his health he can't do that track work alone. No track owner can do anything without others help. And how old are you? Because you have the mentality of a 12 year old that is stuck in facebook society and does not have the balls to visit the shop or even pick up the telephone and give them a call. Oh, and welcome to PA and I would be glad to have you the at the track I normally support in my signature.

I don't know were this LCRC is but I'am coming there on the 27th just to kick your a** big mouth!! Calling that guy a 12 year old just mean, not all of us are bums like you a can help out at two track. Some of us have wifes that don't get serviced by Barry. If I could get Barry to service my wife I could work at two tracks as well.
Old 08-09-2011, 11:19 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hmmmmm well Im not 12. despite what you may believe. second...I have visited the track few weeks ago....shop was closed even tho hours posted said it should be open. So thats why I asked if they are selling anything anymore. I saw the track, the layout is great...could be toned down a tad, but I understand 1/8th raced on it...so. Alot alot of rocks, weeds. But I was blown away by the potentional this track has. Great off the highway location. Thats a rarity. and alot of land surrounding the track. Very well built drivers stand, and track has lighting installed. So before you trash me and call me out. Yes I drove and visited the track. Im not afraid. Second, Im a CEO of a corp and I know what it takes to turn a business around. I was involved with 3 tracks in Cali that we quickly turned around from a low weekly turnout to a consistent high turnout. Improvements were made to the track, layout, dirt. we made it accessible to all sorts of racers not just one class......Improvements to the onsite hobby shop itself were made. Promotion of the track and the sport itself was introduced thru out the local area. And yeah I hear the economy complaint all the time, when I was transfered here to PA to turn around this Corporation I heard the same. We turned around the company in 2 yrs. We now are in the black, and our workforce is up 15 percent. So I know a thing or two about reconstructing a business.
Old 08-09-2011, 11:20 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by TRADLER
I don't know were this LCRC is but I'am coming there on the 27th just to kick your a** big mouth!! Calling that guy a 12 year old just mean, not all of us are bums like you a can help out at two track. Some of us have wifes that don't get serviced by Barry. If I could get Barry to service my wife I could work at two tracks as well.
So are you working on Wednesday night at G's then? If so, I will take care of your wife while Barry's at my house. Oh and don't tell my mom I was being mean or she will block my internet access.
Old 08-09-2011, 11:34 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by VandelayInc
Hmmmmm well Im not 12. despite what you may believe. second...I have visited the track few weeks ago....shop was closed even tho hours posted said it should be open. So thats why I asked if they are selling anything anymore. I saw the track, the layout is great...could be toned down a tad, but I understand 1/8th raced on it...so. Alot alot of rocks, weeds. But I was blown away by the potentional this track has. Great off the highway location. Thats a rarity. and alot of land surrounding the track. Very well built drivers stand, and track has lighting installed. So before you trash me and call me out. Yes I drove and visited the track. Im not afraid. Second, Im a CEO of a corp and I know what it takes to turn a business around. I was involved with 3 tracks in Cali that we quickly turned around from a low weekly turnout to a consistent high turnout. Improvements were made to the track, layout, dirt. we made it accessible to all sorts of racers not just one class......Improvements to the onsite hobby shop itself were made. Promotion of the track and the sport itself was introduced thru out the local area. And yeah I hear the economy complaint all the time, when I was transfered here to PA to turn around this Corporation I heard the same. We turned around the company in 2 yrs. We now are in the black, and our workforce is up 15 percent. So I know a thing or two about reconstructing a business.
I am glad you clarified your age. There is nothing worse than getting on here in a squabble with a 13 year old. I still believe if you want to turn the track around, and knowing the owners from only visiting their track, the internet is not the place to work it out for them.
Old 08-09-2011, 12:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jmackani
So are you working on Wednesday night at G's then? If so, I will take care of your wife while Barry's at my house. Oh and don't tell my mom I was being mean or she will block my internet access.

Thursday and the wife said no way with as little as he gets it, it will be over before it starts. I told your mom, so the s**t going to hit the fan when you get home. Iam the CEO of a company it s been in the red for three years I think i should hire that guy.
Old 08-09-2011, 12:09 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by TRADLER
Thursday and the wife said no way with as little as he gets it, it will be over before it starts. I told your mom, so the s**t going to hit the fan when you get home. Iam the CEO of a company it s been in the red for three years I think i should hire that guy.
HAAAHAAA!!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.