R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 04-08-2009, 12:11 PM   #46
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

well i know i cant enter the points race, or put my name into the list.(due to national guard drill dates always changing and other things) but i will try to make as many races as i can. always enjoy being at the track. even if its just standing around.
jaredmausteller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 01:18 PM   #47
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 107 (100%+)

To all:

I generally like to get a headcount for races, before they happen!
Just copy the list, add you name in the right class and your personal transponder number. Make the investment and buy a personal transponder...!!!its so worth it.

I will put up the main classes/ You can add classes if you want to run in one thats not up:

Tim

April 19th 2009

1/8th Buggy
1. Tim "The Kid" Stuart Jr. (3627476)
2. Rick "AM" Yuhas. (6186329)
3. Brian "BA" Faulstick

1/8th Truggy
1. Rick "AM" Yuhas (8284670)
2. Brian "BA" Faulstick
3. Charles Knight

Monster Truck
1. Rick "AM" Yuhas ( if i'm in the mood)

Slash

2wd-Buggy
( Theres plans in the making to make this a club motor / lipo class. The kit will be around 75.00 For a motor and a battery! Will go over during the first drivers meeting)

2wd-Truck
( Theres plans in the making to make this a club motor / lipo class. The kit will be around 75.00 For a motor and a battery! Will go over during the first drivers meeting)

Hope to have a great season!

Also, the schedule on the hhqrctrackpa.com site may be changing. A points series will most likely take place on the sundays not shown on that calendar. And those shown will be regular race days!!! I will update the schedule after i meet with the owner saturday!

Tim

Last edited by Misfit138; 04-08-2009 at 01:30 PM.
Misfit138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 06:50 PM   #48
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I had a great time at the track today. We ran the timing system to work the bugs out and all went well. The two 6 min. qualifiers and the 10 min. main was a blast even though it was a dry run. Track surface held up nicely even after it dried out. No dust to speak of and no blown out sections. Next sunday on the 19th will be the 1st official race so come on out and help get the party started.
Answer-RC/TLR/Futaba
Snow Monkey Racing
hambone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 08:08 PM   #49
Tech Regular

Hey guys Me and 4 others from the Lancaster area where up there today and just to let everyone else from our area, that track was a blast and well worth the 2 hr drive. We all agreed that we will all be back up there again. I would suggest that anyone want to check out a new track with great facilities, go check this place out. Tons of fun guys. Thanks for the great test and tune show.

Jay
Hyper_Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 09:34 PM   #50
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

yea im looking forward to checking it out also...when will be your next practice day?

dousnt matter...i just want to come and check it out.
Old 04-12-2009, 10:33 AM   #51
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Track is open for practice everyday. The more the merrier. Not much fun running by yourself.
Answer-RC/TLR/Futaba
Snow Monkey Racing
hambone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 12:34 PM   #52
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hambone View Post
Track is open for practice everyday. The more the merrier. Not much fun running by yourself.
i will be there sometime this week then.looking forward to it actually.

will i need to contact somebody to come and pactice?
or can i show up and be good to go?
Old 04-12-2009, 03:38 PM   #53
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by morris View Post
i will be there sometime this week then.looking forward to it actually.

give me a call when you go up matt i will go back up with you to get some more wheel time on the track
Later Jeff
www.richfieldraceway.com
team cpaurl
street racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 05:43 PM   #54
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to tenpins77
Default results round 1

Well,

Ill give this a shot this way, perhaps i can get intouch with a moderator and we can push to have our own forum so i can have sub categoreis, so everythigns not all thrown in here:

Hobby Headquarters is a relatively new track in the north eastern pa, Region. They had tried to run a few races last year however it was a late start and they entrys just werent their. Hopefully this year we can change that, and im glad to see that the interest is growing rather fast. This is going to be the tracks first year with Rc Score pro, and coming from the old autoscore i figured it would be a good idea to open up the track and have a "mock" race, to try and work out any of the beginners "bugs" with the program and get a little pre-season racing in.

This is really the first "racing season" since the shop oppend up their new hobby shop. The owner Allen Cooper has a decently stocked shop, however as the racing season starts and he gets a feel for the different cars that will be racing at the track, his plan is to get all of the needed parts and accessories for the popular brands up their. Losi, associated, mugen etc..

The Drivers Stand was really well thought out, a handicap accessable ramp was built up to the top and makes it easy to get up and down in a fly, when your marshalling your own car ! By may it should be covered to keep the heat out!

Underneath the drivers stand we re-worked it so that the pit crew can stand under the stand where the track is waist high making it rather easy for pit crew to get their drivers car in and out in a hurry. Also keeping them in the cool shade.

The beneift to having the amount of property that Hobby Headquarters has is that you can build almost anything you want and theirs no property rules or regulations. Allen has a massive indoor garage located right off of the hobby shop and about 20 steps away from the track that he opend up for drivers to pit inside of, when the weather isnt that great! It was a little misty and cold out yesterday, so we were all able to enjoy the relaxing pit atmosphere.

www.crgraphicsonline.com
tenpins77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 05:59 PM   #55
Tech Addict

Default continued

Pro Driver Jason Schreffler and Ron Goetter came out to support the track. Jason of course taking the A-Main buggy Win set the track reccord with a 32.304! Where as most of the slow pokes like me were right around 42's to mid 45's.

Ron goetter bragging to schreffler about how quick he got his smart diff in

The Track is pretty massive for the area. Without grabbing a tape measure and driving up their now i would say the tracks at least 135 x 85.

The newest additon to the track is the massive 20+ foot triple/table top jump that lets us guys with fully mods really get a chance to open em up and grab some air. Unfourtunately if you hit it wrong its a good way for allen to sell some parts!

Viewing the track from the backstretch shows the challenging infield with several whoops sections offcamber jumps, and step-ups!

You can get an idea of height and depth perception of the track from the drivers stand shot below:

www.crgraphicsonline.com
Old 04-12-2009, 06:12 PM   #56
Tech Addict

Default more bs

Unfourtunately yesterday was Pit Stop Hobbies opening day in Mount Joy PA. Looking at the radar it seemed as though it was raning everywhere but where hobby hedquarters is in Drums PA. So they made the two hour hike up to try our track out! Those guys are pretty fast, and put up quite a nice battle.

Bob walker, the race director from pitstop showed up as well with his Kyosho inferno mp-9. After watching bob run, im really kicing myself for getting rid of that buggy. For Some reason everytime he flipped the car would land right side up on all four in the right direction!!!

As always bob bought his kids with him as well, and helped out marshalling the cars! Thanks a bunch!

All in All it was a realy good test day! We hopefully turned a few heads and got some people interested in running at our new awesome facility.

Our First Official Race will be this coming sunday April 19th! Check in's will close at 10:30 and first round of qualifying will start around 11am.

3 rounds of qualifying and mains with the top two bumping up will be the set race format.

entry fees and multiple entry fees will be announced at a later date, however im sure it will be in the 15.00 / 10.00 per extra class area!

Special thanks to dean F. for the pictures, rick, brian, rob, allen for all the help in getting the track ready! And Jay from pitstop for showing me the legs of Rc score pro!

I look forward to seeing everyone and more this coming sunday!

Tim

www.crgraphicsonline.com
Old 04-12-2009, 07:10 PM   #57
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jbright33

maybe tomarow il get up to c the track and bring the race mgt & drake. prob dont remember me but i met you guys 2 years ago at motorama was pitted next to you was racing the revo with the white a-arms. you guys were saying to me then about the track and gave me a card just never had time last year to do any racing.
jbright33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 07:50 PM   #58
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by morris View Post

Also, what hours can we show up for practice?
rallyebmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 08:07 PM   #59
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jbright33

i called like a hour ago got answering machine sayed there store hours are 11:00 to 7:00 weekdays so im assuming anytime in there im goin tomarow at like 12:00
jbright33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 09:22 PM   #60
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default just to add

The pics realy dont do this track justice. I had a great time on opening day, very nice track! I hope as well to be able to make it to a couple races this year, as our track is going to be running the same day.

Go check them out guys! it's alot of fun!

Isaac
LCRC "the best offroad on the eastcoast."
Nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote