R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 03-03-2009, 12:18 PM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default New Track Built On Fiesta Island San Diego

San Diego RC'ers,

I have begun building a track for 1/8th scale off road cars on fiesta island. I was going to keep the track secret until I've finished it (I've got a long 30 hours into it), but I've already been discovered. So I might as well let everyone come run on it. I ASK THAT EVERYONE WHO USES IT HELPS IMPROVE AND MAINTAIN THE TRACK!! The track needs to be widdened and rocks need be be screened and wet dark dirt from the surrounding water trenches need to be spread.

Please be respectful of the place and not leave trash and MAINTIAN THE TRACK. A shovel is hidden behind the step up jump in a bush. KEEP THE SHOVEL THERE FOR EVERYONE TO USE. It would be very cool if we could get a decent co-op track going.

So where is the track u ask??
Go onto fiesta island take the long way (past the YMCA) when the road makes a sharp 90 and you begin heading west (when you can see the mobile home part and rock pile isands to the north) you will pass a outhouse continue for 200 years and you will come to a path that leads through the surrounding chain link fence. Walk strait in 100 yards and you will see the track (its got a 5 foot high jump).

So lets get this track rolling, since I started the track I want to call it J's RC Track. Post it up on forums and tell your friends so we can make it awesome.

Your track builder,

Jason
JasonSDRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 01:21 PM   #2
Tech Adept

Do you have any pictures or video? Is it in the sand? Hows the traction.

Losi 22m 2.0
Losi SCTe
Axial SCX10 Deadbolt Crawler
Krupted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 03:07 PM   #3
Tech Rookie

I will post pictures tonight. The dirt is a bit sandy/loamy but I tried to u.se the darkest and wetest dirt possible by coving the track with a top coat from the nearby water trench. No rocks and I hope people keep it that way. Ilve been runing my losi 8 nitro and no one on firsta island has bothered me.
Old 03-04-2009, 02:42 PM   #4
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Sounds like you are squating on public property, either way can we get better directions? I am trying to look this up on Google maps but can't seem to find any mobile homes on Fiesta Island.
Giulitto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 03:39 PM   #5
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up fiesta island track

the track looks awesome and hopefully everbody will respect the area and not trash it. it looks like jasons rc track is the only 1/8 scale track in san diego. thank you from this rc basher for a great track!!!!!!!!!
jeffj818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 06:18 PM   #6
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffj818 View Post
the track looks awesome and hopefully everbody will respect the area and not trash it. it looks like jasons rc track is the only 1/8 scale track in san diego. thank you from this rc basher for a great track!!!!!!!!!
So..........how do we get there?
Old 03-04-2009, 06:29 PM   #7
Tech Rookie

Awesome! Now can someone post a google map picture with a big red X on the spot. Thanks!
Airickf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 09:32 PM   #8
Tech Rookie

Default Pictures

Guillito dude - don't be a punk. If you got a problem with Rc'ers "squating" then u shouldn't run there. It'd be cool if everyone was positive and pitched in to make a decent track because there is no 1/8th track in SD without driving to Barona which no one knows whether its open or not. Fiesta Island presents a cool oportunity because no one cares we're running there and if everyone pitches in we can create a cool track. If your gona be a punk don't bother coming out.

On to business:---------------------

Here is the map and some pictures of the track about a week ago. Since then half of it has gotten a bit wider to something that is raceable, the other half needs widening (I'd like to see 8 feet wide all over).

Go forth and dig,

-Jason
Attached Thumbnails
New Track Built On Fiesta Island San Diego-track_location.jpg   New Track Built On Fiesta Island San Diego-1235344307749.jpg   New Track Built On Fiesta Island San Diego-1235344291850.jpg   New Track Built On Fiesta Island San Diego-1235344268151.jpg   New Track Built On Fiesta Island San Diego-1235344250075.jpg  

Old 03-05-2009, 07:36 AM   #9
Tech Adept

Looks like a good area. Its away from everything. Does need some TLC but if we all chip in and help maybe we can get something good going.

But if alot of people show up, Police could have a problem unless someone contacts them just to ask. Just to be on the safe side. Hate to put in a ton of work for nothing ya know.

Losi 22m 2.0
Losi SCTe
Axial SCX10 Deadbolt Crawler
Krupted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 12:44 PM   #10
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonSDRC View Post
Guillito dude - don't be a punk. If you got a problem with Rc'ers "squating" then u shouldn't run there. It'd be cool if everyone was positive and pitched in to make a decent track because there is no 1/8th track in SD without driving to Barona which no one knows whether its open or not. Fiesta Island presents a cool oportunity because no one cares we're running there and if everyone pitches in we can create a cool track. If your gona be a punk don't bother coming out.

Here is the map and some pictures of the track about a week ago. Since then half of it has gotten a bit wider to something that is raceable, the other half needs widening (I'd like to see 8 feet wide all over).

Go forth and dig,

-Jason
Ah, you took this the wrong way, maybe I should have added an emotioncon so not to upset you. Considering I am a "Rc'r" and enjoy running any chance I get. To quote what Krupted pointed out, that this could become a legal issue. Also thanks for the big red X! The reason there is no 1/8th track in SD is due to the fact of cost of property and that California has some of the most ridiculous laws. Plus don't diss on Barona, they post on there website of the next run dates and you can call FHR to ask them if the track is open or not. All in all good find!

Last edited by Giulitto; 03-05-2009 at 12:57 PM.
Old 03-05-2009, 01:42 PM   #11
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonSDRC View Post

Go forth and dig,

-Jason

just to let you know, FHR is racing this Saturday, gates open @ 10:00 racing @ 1:00 pm,
RCTEN. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 02:16 PM   #12
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCTEN. View Post
just to let you know, FHR is racing this Saturday, gates open @ 10:00 racing @ 1:00 pm,
Cool! The layout is dailed @ FHR Barona Raceway. Great all around track, pretty technical layout(if your up to the challenge) and great people to hang out with too. Excellent 1/8 racing and 1/10 scale friendly as well. A little bird told me there are some great plans to further rasie the bar in the near future. It's really great to know there is a track for us to race at in SD. Here's the website folks.

www.3familyhobbies.com

See you guys at the track!
M_Flores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 02:38 PM   #13
Tech Rookie

Thanks J for the map and the big red X. Looks like an awesome bashing spot! Anyway, I can't see why the Po Po would bother us. It's like walking your dog there.... a dog that drinks nitro... and has an electronic leash..... sorta...
Old 03-08-2009, 01:45 PM   #14
Tech Rookie

Went and checked it out yesterday. Nice place for bashing and lots of open space for improvements. I met a guy out there making some jumps and he told me that the ranger said its kool as long as you dont build anything permanent.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:37 PM   #15
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airickf View Post
Went and checked it out yesterday. Nice place for bashing and lots of open space for improvements. I met a guy out there making some jumps and he told me that the ranger said its kool as long as you dont build anything permanent.
Yea as long asa no one builds any stands it won't get torn down. The main track is pretty torn up right now because I am doubling the width. Ill be out there tomorrow (tue) afternoon completing it if anyone wants to join me. Also like u said there are some other guys building a sweet figure 8 track. Tell ur friends and make sure they bring shovels and rakes and don't leave trash.

See u out there.