Wiki Posts
Search

New Huge outdoor offroad coming to Elkland, PA! april 2009

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 01:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nighthawk
After a long muddy end to winter, the track build is now underway! pad has been finished, and we are planning to have a track build day (heavy eqwipment) this coming saturday the 25th. we will be starting things around 9:00 am
Anyone that can come please do, as we would love to hear your ideas for the layout, as you know the track is being modeled like the nitro pit, but there realy is no limit when it comes to building the track! so please come on up and check out the layout and bring your ideas!
feel free to email me for any directions or other info.

Isaac Reichard
isaac,
i might be able to come out and help with the build....have to see whats going on that day...i know its to be beatifull outside this weekend.im heading to altoona on sunday though.

lmk,
lata
Old 04-22-2009, 02:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default cool

Originally Posted by morris
isaac,
i might be able to come out and help with the build....have to see whats going on that day...i know its to be beatifull outside this weekend.im heading to altoona on sunday though.

lmk,
lata
Hey Matt, that'd be great, we need all the idea's we can get, i dont beleave there will be much or any manual labor, as you know the avalible heavy eqwipment is pretty exstensive. but we need guys like you up there that know what you want to see in a great 1/8th track, because the limits for the build of this track realy are endless.

If you want to ride up with me, your more then welcome, and would have room for you little one as well. however i will be leaving at like 7-8:00am and will be planning to be there all day. so i would understand if you didnt want to ride along. but let me know if you do.

Yeah, sounds like most guys are going to altoona sunday, it's to bad, Dave and i are going to go to drums and race, we were hoping you guys would be there. nothing aganst the track in altoona, it's just that after looking at pics of it this year, i realy dont have much desire to go to it. not saying im not going to, because i do plan on getting there, it's just the drums track is so sweet.

Talk to ya later

Isaac
Old 04-22-2009, 06:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I cant get enough of the Drums track!
Old 04-22-2009, 06:55 PM
Tech Master

Default well come on

Originally Posted by rallyebmx
I cant get enough of the Drums track!
my buddy dave and i are going there sunday, he's got a truggy he wants to try out, come on out i got yer pit covered.

Isaac
Old 04-22-2009, 07:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

Isaac,

How long do you think it will take to finish your track? I will definitely want to check it out when it is done.

Rick
Old 04-22-2009, 07:27 PM
Tech Master

Default hey Rick

Originally Posted by Misfit138
Isaac,

How long do you think it will take to finish your track? I will definitely want to check it out when it is done.

Rick
it's looking like may till we start racing. the track build wont take long, we have alot of heavy eqwipment doing all the work.

would be great to see ya up there! and ill see you at drums on sunday
Old 04-23-2009, 02:32 AM
Tech Champion

isaac,
yea dude im more than sure that drums layout is better than altoona.but on another note...altoona owners have hooked me up way to many times.so i need to go and show some support there to.dont get me wrong...i would love to go to drums to.to bad they wasnt racing the sameday.or i would go to both.

lol

i will let you know about saterday..prolly just drive myself.

lata
Old 04-23-2009, 04:29 PM
Tech Master

Default cool

Originally Posted by morris
isaac,
yea dude im more than sure that drums layout is better than altoona.but on another note...altoona owners have hooked me up way to many times.so i need to go and show some support there to.dont get me wrong...i would love to go to drums to.to bad they wasnt racing the sameday.or i would go to both.

lol

i will let you know about saterday..prolly just drive myself.

lata
Thats cool man, i totaly understand, and would do the same thing!

Like i said i would like to get out there sometime, i have nothing aganst it. i just know i love the drums track lol.
Realy looking forward to our track, it's gonna be sick, and im so excited about the possibilitys being endless. all that time and work spent on our old track, and for a track that was extreamly limited.
cant wait!!
Also realy stoked about richfeild, what great people and a great place to race it will be when it's done, and the fact there going to be running wensday nights is just awsome!

Miles Mountain R/C is gonna be sweet!
Old 04-23-2009, 04:55 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Nighthawk
Thats cool man, i totaly understand, and would do the same thing!

Like i said i would like to get out there sometime, i have nothing aganst it. i just know i love the drums track lol.
Realy looking forward to our track, it's gonna be sick, and im so excited about the possibilitys being endless. all that time and work spent on our old track, and for a track that was extreamly limited.
cant wait!!
Also realy stoked about richfeild, what great people and a great place to race it will be when it's done, and the fact there going to be running wensday nights is just awsome!

Miles Mountain R/C is gonna be sweet!
yea thats whats up.i have a couple ideas for your track...sickest thing i can think of is somethinglike a big wall ride you can hit.come down off that to hit up a step double...that wuld be awesome.i still thinking i can come out and chill for a little bit on saterday...havent made up my mind just yet though.
Old 04-23-2009, 05:02 PM
Tech Master

Default cool

i like that idea, sounds sick, something you wouldnt have to take (10th scale stuff) but something that would be a huge benifit to hit and go with 1/8th

another thing is the owner has this huge pipe made out of some sort of fiberglass (big enough to stand up and walk through. We've been trying the think of ways to use that, not "driving through" but cutting it up and using it somehow, i dunno if we will or not though.
maybe use secion of it cut in half as the wall and make he bank out of dirt. i dunno.
We'll see.
Old 04-30-2009, 04:41 PM
Tech Master

Default Updates on the track!

Just a few updates, for those of you that dont know already.

The final size of the track is now in, and it is : 200' X 160' this thing is huge. As a comparison, for those of you that went to motorama 2009' the track was 200' X 120'.

The drivers stand is going under construction this weekend and will be atleast 35' X 8' (still up in the air if there going to build it to 40' or not, as they got a permit to build to 40')
and it will perch drivers 13' above track level (the setup area for drivers to set up tables and gear will be roughly half the height as the entire track pad has been built up on the side of a large hill) and the "ramped" 35' pit will be directly in front of the drivers stand.
ATTN 1/8TH BUGGY GUYS!! your class will be 100% payout cash race EVERY race day!
Things are going well with the build,using only about 1/4 of the pad so far, we currently have 2 sets of doubles in, a big table top and a big L shaped table top leading to the 200' straight.
Thats right, 200' ! dont worry, there will be more technical things as well on the track. but make no mistake, this is going to be a fast 1/8th scale track. Also, once you finaly get to the other end, there's a big banked 90 wall type kicker into a big table top.
Soil is amazing! no rocks what so ever, and it looks like it is going to have some great traction!, unlimited watering will be provided from the on site resivour (also used to water the mx and super moto tracks)
this place is going to be insane. pics to come soon! im going back up saturday to help with it some more.

Isaac

Last edited by Nighthawk; 04-30-2009 at 05:19 PM. Reason: .
Old 05-08-2009, 02:38 PM
Tech Addict

any updates or pics ???

Thanks
Bruce
Old 05-08-2009, 06:11 PM
Tech Master

Default ,

Originally Posted by Bruce53
any updates or pics ???

Thanks
Bruce
nothing new yet man, rain has been killing us latly
wont be to much longer hopfully though!
this weekend there's a huge 2 day race at the facility (mx) which will be pulling the dozer/loaded operators away, but plans are to have everything laid out, and all of the heavy eqwipment work done this coming week. i would love to get a bunch of people together next weekend to go up with me and help with the detail and testing aspect of he place. updates coming soon! stay tuned! lol

Last edited by Nighthawk; 05-08-2009 at 06:23 PM. Reason: .
Old 05-09-2009, 07:07 AM
Tech Elite

Hey Isaac, this is Tyler. How are yuh? I cant wait for this track to be done! I'll have to check out nirto pits setup to get some what of a an idea of the setup.

Tyler

Last edited by Gearhead racer; 05-09-2009 at 07:18 AM.
Old 05-09-2009, 08:19 PM
Tech Master

Default .

Originally Posted by Gearhead racer
Hey Isaac, this is Tyler. How are yuh? I cant wait for this track to be done! I'll have to check out nirto pits setup to get some what of a an idea of the setup.

Tyler
Hey man! good to see ya on here!
yeah im stoked about things up there,
the dozer guy has garantee'd that all the heavy eqwipment work will be done by tuesday night, so it shouldnt be much longer.
have you though about coming out to any of the other track? just got home from altoona, ran the revo, you said you were building one right? probably going to drums next weekend to run it, thats an amazing track!
howz dougs track coming? they gettin anywhere with it?
talk to you soon!

Isaac

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.