R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-19-2009, 04:16 PM   #1
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 287
Send a message via AIM to Error404
Default Any tracks near Victorville, CA?

Any tracks near Victorville besides Revelations?
Error404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 04:30 PM   #2
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 849
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Default

Green Flag Raceway, Hesperia. www.hesperiaparks.com
Cyberacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 04:36 PM   #3
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 287
Send a message via AIM to Error404
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberacer View Post
Green Flag Raceway, Hesperia. www.hesperiaparks.com
How's the track? I was out there a few months ago, and didn't really like the atmosphere that some people were putting there. Has it changed?
Error404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 05:31 PM   #4
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 849
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Default

I've only been out there once, and I didn't like it. The track surface was horrible, the area was suspect, and it was the only time I can think of that someone had gotten a car stolen from the track. I'll never go back.....
Cyberacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 05:51 PM   #5
Tech Adept
 
karnao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 148
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Error404 View Post
How's the track? I was out there a few months ago, and didn't really like the atmosphere that some people were putting there. Has it changed?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberacer View Post
I've only been out there once, and I didn't like it. The track surface was horrible, the area was suspect, and it was the only time I can think of that someone had gotten a car stolen from the track. I'll never go back.....
weird..i had the complete opposite experience.
two of my friends and myself raced there yesterday for the first time.
i went into it thinking that it wasnt going to be that great, but they are the only track around that races on sundays so i figured..what the hell since i wasnt able to race on saturday at ARC or REV.

the people seemed really nice, i thought the track was good. they layout was fun,a little rough but i dont know how long they have been running the same layout or what kind of maintenance they do.
7 min qualifiers and 20 min main events were different and fun,
i mostly run 5 min qualifiers and 12-15 min main events.

all in all... the three of us agreed that besides the distance we really liked it and would be willing to go back every now and then...im looking forward to JBRL there.
karnao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 05:53 PM   #6
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 287
Send a message via AIM to Error404
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by karnao View Post
weird..i had the complete opposite experience.
two of my friends and myself raced there yesterday for the first time.
i went into it thinking that it wasnt going to be that great, but they are the only track around that races on sundays so i figured..what the hell since i wasnt able to race on saturday at ARC or REV.

the people seemed really nice, i thought the track was good. they layout was fun,a little rough but i dont know how long they have been running the same layout or what kind of maintenance they do.
7 min qualifiers and 20 min main events were different and fun,
i mostly run 5 min qualifiers and 12-15 min main events.

all in all... the three of us agreed that besides the distance we really liked it and would be willing to go back every now and then...im looking forward to JBRL there.
I'll have to check it out. I'm in Adelanto so it's close. Was it packed when you raced?
Error404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 05:54 PM   #7
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 287
Send a message via AIM to Error404
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberacer View Post
I've only been out there once, and I didn't like it. The track surface was horrible, the area was suspect, and it was the only time I can think of that someone had gotten a car stolen from the track. I'll never go back.....
I've heard a few cars being stolen from Rev, but you get that when you have an open area and what not.
Error404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 06:04 PM   #8
Tech Adept
 
karnao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 148
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Error404 View Post
I'll have to check it out. I'm in Adelanto so it's close. Was it packed when you raced?
25-30 cars total.
i cant imagine them ever being "packed" unless its for JBRL.

one thing that i thought was different and cool, but i dunno cause i havent raced at many different tracks is...they split up the qualifiers.
they could have easily run 3 qualifiers and 3 mains and been done with it.
but they didnt, they split the 9-10 cars in each class into 4-5 car qualifiers.
i liked that.
karnao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 09:43 PM   #9
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 287
Send a message via AIM to Error404
Default

I'm going to make a run out to the track tomorrow to check it out, it'll be an excuse to take my slot car to Green Flag
Error404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:18 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net