Wiki Posts
Search

NEW California Track In RIVERSIDE

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 04:42 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default NEW California Track In RIVERSIDE

well it was only a Matter of time, but here it is a new track in RIVERSIDE !!! big layout even the Baja 5B and 5T's can run on it to strech out there legs!!
unlike the other tracks the 5B's and 5T's are "WELCOME"
still more work to be done but it is there !!!
well still working on more Power,and there are Tables, but there are lights!! so night racing is Viable! (some of the pics were taken at night)
have been running Buggies and truggies on it and even with there Pony power they still take a while to get down the straight!
it's big but not so over powering that it's not fun, so even for those kinda starting out it's FUN....Oh and anyone remember the Old Ranch Pit Shop???
the dirt there??.....we'll the same here it's "Sifted Clay"....good wear and easy on the Tires !!
but the main thing is everyone is welcome !!! and best part the pricing!! anyone remember when it was only $10.00 well the good times are back !!
no more $15.00 to race,and $10.00 for practice,$5.00 for parking and $5.00 for Electricty.....(yep, there are a few tracks doing this !!) $35.00 just to race? i know it's CRAZY isn't it !!!
remember when raceday practice was free?? on "Non-Race days" yes there is a fee....but it's not 20.00 !! more details are being worked on!
and speaking of "Parking" there is ALLOT OF IT !! even for those if the bigger events are to be Schedualed there is MORE than enough room for Trailers and Mobils even overnight camping too.. and there is a SNACK BAR and BATHROOMS...
check it out your Input is Valuable !!!
days are: Monday CLOSED, Tues.-Sunday Open !!!
more questions hit up RGX Racing at www.RGXRacing.com

here are some pics....

anyways, the location is in Riverside i think this map might work? if not let me know...
it's "located Within the Motorcycle park" !! kinda have to see it to Believe it...
there is all kinds of different racing stuff there !!
in one section there racing "Rhino's" !! they look like Miniture Trophy trucks !!
another area there racing "Quads" another area there full flat out motorcycles !!
it's just big.....LOL....

12685 Holly Street
Riverside, California 92509

on the track before updated Soil

TTRS3 you are go for Landing.....
"A Roger that Tower".....

Old 01-12-2009, 11:57 AM
Tech Adept

What are the hours? Do you have power and pits? Any hobby shop on site for parts to buy? I will make the trip there for sure.

Dan

GARAGE:

Traxxas SLASH
Team Assoc. T4
Old 01-12-2009, 08:16 PM
Tech Adept

the Hours for now are Mondays "Closed"
TUESDAY: 3:30PM-9:30PM

WEDNESDAY: 8AM-9:30PM

THURSDAY: 12:30PM-9:30PM

FRIDAY: 8AM-9:30PM

SATURDAY: 8AM-9:30PM

SUNDAY: 8AM-DUSK

No shop ("YET") but i am going to work on that...
in Negociations with manufactures..
no problem for parts for the AE cars and trucks for now i have those..but i am working to get parts for all cars,Traxxas,Mugens,Kyoshos the usuals...etc..
for Baja's we have something..rolling...
for Power there is Limited, but most now have there Cars or trucks right there in the pits..and usually Charge from them...
but were changing that....and going to talk more with the "property owner" to see if there is more flexablity we can do...
we do however have Lights for Night racing so it's comming together..."Slowly" but it is getting there....
Old 01-12-2009, 08:58 PM
Tech Regular

Is Larry no longer involved in Milestone?
Old 01-12-2009, 09:15 PM
Tech Elite

Looks good. Whenever racing starts up, I will have to make a trip.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:00 PM
Tech Adept

No larry is,
were just helping in getting more of the word out etc...
we were kind of suprised more people did dnot know about it as well.....

just courious? is there anything more would like to see
"From A Track"....
sometimes i think track owners kinda go "Here is a Track" and sometimes dont really ask the people driving there what they want??? or would like to see...????
I know Larry always is looking for Input...
Old 01-13-2009, 09:33 AM
Tech Adept

I think the biggest thing is people like a track that is well diverst. You can race 1/10 scale & 1/8 scale. I noticed also the 1/18 scale is coming up more and more.

Do you plan on changing the design of the track every few months or keeping it the same.

I'm also the person you talked on the phone last week about your new track at your warehouse. We were talking about coming up on a Saturday.

Also if you ever need any help with anything let me know.

Dan
[email protected]
Old 01-13-2009, 12:00 PM
Tech Elite

Drivers stand looks pretty DIALED!!!!!
Old 01-13-2009, 12:01 PM
Tech Elite

I would suggest to hold primary race days on Sunday. Since there are 3 tracks that already race on Staurdays.
Old 01-14-2009, 01:51 AM
Tech Adept

thanks for any input...
and seriously i would like to hear any input be it from either side of the specktrum to help find a happy "Medium" as it were...

have to Agree on the Sunday deal sounds better...

and true i like to see all the scales, to "Me" i think that would be kinda cool....but being so big of a track? i wonder if the 1/10 scale drivers would mind? like to hear more from there input...
but then i seen a couple of ones with some brushless systems !!...WOW there were pretty fast...with pretty good lap times...
but like to see the beginers and novice racers as well....

and i have a Bobcat so heck i like to change the layout every 2 weeks...LOL...(if they would let me LOL)
but then i am not in "Full Control" just helping out with some of the details and such.....
as a racer and Enthusiast of all the remote control hobby stuff...there are alot of things i would like to see??
but i really like to hear the inputs of others to see and know more of what more and more people would like or want....
"Myself"
i wouldnt mind something kinda "Supercross" where even the Baja's could run as well as the 1/10 scales...where you could drive it, but not so much where it would feel like you had to be on top of your game every second! or break something, like flying a Ducted fan jet for the first time at full throttle...
anyone ever been to a track like that? where it just seemed like the track was ment to break parts..???
no something flowing but where you can still grab that hand full of throttle for that "Fun Factor"....LOL..where a PRO or NOVICE will be having fun....
with all the track designing i did in my day i am sure i can find a cool medium...but i have to wait for the others to say it's a "GO"

as well
for instance..i have seen were at some places the track owners were not flexable in the least to hear what the racers would have to say? least of anything from the Beginers??

there "Attitude was" well if you dont like it then leave??
i have your money....
was never told to me but i more often than not Overheard it Quite well while sitting in my pits....

a few of the places i thought were key in good standings in this were the track owners at ARC, i cant remember his name? but he at least always "listened" to the racers, very nice person..
and Mike Daughtery, of
"OLD Thunder Alley" he always Listened to the racers and made a cool effort for any compromise,
and Joey at Hemet (the Dirt)
one of the few people i knew who could defuse even the worst situations.....
and Larry Mason at LPRP (Lake Perris)...as well he did a cool job as well...
another one that tried but got flak from the controling members was Mark W at "PALOMAR" when he took over wasnt too bad, he tried to keep afloat....

so learning from different "Views", i would like to hear all kinds of Input, from all different aspects....
Old 01-14-2009, 07:25 AM
Tech Elite

What are the track demensions?
Old 01-14-2009, 08:37 AM
Tech Regular

Milestone has most of the components to be a great track: driver stand,lights, very good dirt and a computer system. Racers like the program to be organized, on time and competitive. To kick it off I think money races or point funds will help, You will get many nay sayers on this but it would work if done properly. Electric at the pits, air and track grooming are important as well.

Why one track works better then another is a mystery to me. Thunder alley has it all but club racing is very low but they have many BIG races every year that keep it a viable track. Revelation just keeps on kicking butt every week, I think the ambiance is there although some people don't like, not sure why.

ARC is just off the beaten path although has ALL of the ingredients to be
successful.

Certainly 1/8th scale buggy is by far the biggest class with truggy fading at this point. All I know is here in SoCal we have MANY options and all are good and the envy of the rest of the nation. There are at least 8-10 traks that are in operation. How do you sperate yourself from the pack I don't know. I have thought of building a track but the work that must go into it vastly underestimated.....good luck
Old 01-14-2009, 12:07 PM
Tech Elite

Location seems to be the determining factor in a succesful race program. Rev is doing well because of the population in the area. Thunder Alley and ARC are a little out of the way for some. I don't like to race at Rev too much because of the parking and pit area. Plus it is chaotic racing atmoshere.
Old 01-14-2009, 02:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I’ve raced on the onroad track when the oc circuit was there for one of there races.
I guess I will have to try out the offroad track. I don’t have any 1/8 so lets see what a mod will do in a 1/10 out there.
Old 01-14-2009, 02:08 PM
Tech Adept

Corner, Thopper......
thanks on the input...
i got my Note pad out too...

yes would have to say i like Thunder Alley and ARC as well...
i "Try" and go there when i can.....

now i have heard the same from others on Rev,
to "Me" when i have gone there it felt like the racers were racing for there "Lives" and drove like it...!!!
myself i stopped racing there "Personaly" as the racers there were getting Quite Un-sportsman like as well...
everything seemed to be on "Edge"

yes, the location for Rev helps....kind of a central hub thing..LOL
i understood there was another track that was Suposed to open not far from Rev??
but never got off the ground? anyone know on this one...???

anyways thnks guys...i will make notes on this any little thing helps....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.