R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 11-08-2009, 03:04 PM   #16
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

well...progress is being made. the consignment display case that had to be taken down is now gone, which allowed us to widen one side of the oval today.(the 3 columns are 6' from the outside wall and dictate the lane width on that side). the tenth scale cars had a much better time getting around the track. the consensus is we can run 6 at once without a problem.
we're going to run the same track on wednesday nite for the 1/18th cars.
as of now, friday night is when i'm going to try to get the road course layout made. the few people i spoke to today seem to think that saturday night would be a good night for road course.
we're hoping to run F1, hpi cup racer, and tamiya mini's on whatever night we finally decide for road course. there's also interest in 1/12th scale ( 3 people , so far)
any comments or suggestion would be very welcome now, before we get started, so we can try to accomodate anyone who's interested in joining us.
finally, we haven't determined when the hpi F1 racing will start as the ball diffs are not available from the major parts distributors ( HPI only and 55.00...i think i'll wait ), so F1 will be open to all chassis, the only limit will be the johnson silver can motor, and possibly gear ratio.
rcracer1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 12:39 PM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Sounds like progress. I thought that the track was going to extend from the left wall to the columns. Is that what you are describing?

Why the need to wait on ball diffs to run the HPI spec class? No good without?

When is the meeting you were talking about?

I would prefer a week night for the road course.

In any event this is great news!
Old 11-12-2009, 03:04 AM   #18
Tech Fanatic

the oval is going to remain on the right side of the store for the time being, but, the left side of it is now apporximately 9' wide making it much easier to make passes. the road course area is the whole width of the store up to the cash register counter, then narrowing towards the rear area of the store, and from the desk to the front door for length.

as far as the hpi is concerned, honestly i've only run 2 batteries through it with the gear diff, but, it is really bad trying to turn with the gear diff on the carpet with the rubber tires. even getting on the throttle makes it spin out if you're not careful. it's not that big of a deal as the ball diffs came in, i'm picking mine up on friday night and will give it a try on sunday.

we haven't decided on a race night yet, i'm flexible to an extent. randy has mentioned saturday night, i originally thought about friday night. thursdays are out for me, i rarely leave work before 7:30 pm. wednesday is already oval night, so we'll have to get a consensus on what night.

rich is picking up a couple of sheets of masonite on friday, and i'll be there friday night to start working on the layout. i have 3 possibilities drawn up and i'm open to suggestions. anyone who's interested should stop by on friday night to give their input. i'll have my tamiya with me and will probably be trying it out as we go on the construction to see just how it's working out.

some one else showing up would really give rich a boost on how this is going to go, so anyone else who's interested please give it a shot to be there. i should get there sometime between 6:30 and 7:00 pm.
Old 11-12-2009, 05:45 AM   #19
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcracer1958 View Post
the oval is going to remain on the right side of the store for the time being, but, the left side of it is now apporximately 9' wide making it much easier to make passes. the road course area is the whole width of the store up to the cash register counter, then narrowing towards the rear area of the store, and from the desk to the front door for length.

as far as the hpi is concerned, honestly i've only run 2 batteries through it with the gear diff, but, it is really bad trying to turn with the gear diff on the carpet with the rubber tires. even getting on the throttle makes it spin out if you're not careful. it's not that big of a deal as the ball diffs came in, i'm picking mine up on friday night and will give it a try on sunday.

we haven't decided on a race night yet, i'm flexible to an extent. randy has mentioned saturday night, i originally thought about friday night. thursdays are out for me, i rarely leave work before 7:30 pm. wednesday is already oval night, so we'll have to get a consensus on what night.

rich is picking up a couple of sheets of masonite on friday, and i'll be there friday night to start working on the layout. i have 3 possibilities drawn up and i'm open to suggestions. anyone who's interested should stop by on friday night to give their input. i'll have my tamiya with me and will probably be trying it out as we go on the construction to see just how it's working out.

some one else showing up would really give rich a boost on how this is going to go, so anyone else who's interested please give it a shot to be there. i should get there sometime between 6:30 and 7:00 pm.
Sounds good. I wont be able to be there this Friday till around 8:30.
Old 11-12-2009, 06:23 AM   #20
Tech Initiate

Are you going to run the new HPI brushless up there I am trying to figure out a car to buy to come race and I don't want to buy something I cannot run on the road course?
Traxxas Slash
johnnyr135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 01:54 PM   #21
Tech Fanatic

i'm not sure which hpi brushless you're asking about, but the track area is pretty small, 41' long by 20' wide. not sure there is really enough room to run even 21.5 brushless.

if you're buying a car specifically to race with us, i'd suggest a F1 car, with a tamiya johnson motor ( mabuchi silver can ), or, an associated 18R as those are the 2 existing classes, or, you can wait to see what classes develop. we're hoping to develop a tamiya mini class, a hpi cup racer class, and possibly a RCGT class ( any touring car chassis, rubber tires, silver can motor, scale appearing body).

i am going to start a new thread, titled " F1 Carpet track in Hyde Park, NY ", in the hope of generating some more interest in our road course night. i'll be posting news about the wednesday night oval racing, and sunday martinsville racing there as well from now on.
Old 11-16-2009, 06:17 PM   #22
Tech Elite

How did the meeting go?
Old 06-21-2011, 06:58 PM   #23
hvr
Tech Rookie

what happened to rampage

Slot Car Racing
R/C Racing
hvr is offline   Reply With Quote