Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nitro on-road CT/NY

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2013, 03:43 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Nitro on-road CT/NY

I have searched the forums and the internet and can't seem to find anyone that races on-road 1/10 nitro anywhere in the area of preferably southern CT that isn't a couple hour drive (Bennet Field and Port Jevis are pushing it in distance).

I have an old Traxxas 4-Tec Pro .15 with a few upgrades that im looking to bash around and have some fun with preferably looking for somewhere in south/central CT. Thanks!

Last edited by Mavs; 08-04-2013 at 04:49 PM.
Old 07-29-2013, 05:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mavs
I have searched the forums and the internet and can't seem to find anyone that races on-road 1/10 nitro anywhere in the area.

I have an old 4 tec that im looking to bash around and have some fun with preferably looking for somewhere in south CT. Thanks!
I know some guys that run at R/C Madness bring their 1/10 scale nitro on roads. the more people that show up with them the more likely they will have enough to make a class.
Old 07-29-2013, 01:46 PM
Tech Rookie

Not bad, only an hour or so drive from me. I knew they did offroad but do they have an outdoor onroad track as well or just meet somewhere? How would I go about figuring out dates they are doing onroad nitro? I just moved to the area awhile ago and haven't done much with my lowly nitro 4 tec pro .15 in a few years and am looking to get back in the hobby. I know the 4-tec isn't much of a race car but do you know if that would be an acceptable engine for a class they might have?
Old 07-29-2013, 03:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

a couple nitro on-road tracks in NY...

RC World Depot in Port Jervis RC Tech thread

New York Radio Control Club at Floyd Bennett Field near Brooklyn RC Tech thread
Old 08-01-2013, 05:56 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Mavs
Not bad, only an hour or so drive from me. I knew they did offroad but do they have an outdoor onroad track as well or just meet somewhere? How would I go about figuring out dates they are doing onroad nitro? I just moved to the area awhile ago and haven't done much with my lowly nitro 4 tec pro .15 in a few years and am looking to get back in the hobby. I know the 4-tec isn't much of a race car but do you know if that would be an acceptable engine for a class they might have?
Not sure about the specifics but if it is an onroad TC I'm sure the guys wouldn't mind if you raced with the electrics.

Saturdays on the on-road asphalt track starting at 3pm in Enfield, CT at RC Madness.
Old 08-03-2013, 05:32 AM
Tech Regular

Default .....

Hey Mavs, try any of the three tracks mentioned above ;RC Madness has a well stocked shop if you break and that's besides the atmosphere is conducive to starting-up again with your 4-Tec. Floyd Bennet Field(BK,NY) has always drawn the competitveness out of the attendees(note-Brooklyn Hobbies is a short drive away-they'll take care of you). And as for Port Jervis' new track, jus' go see for yourself- a [World Class] track for racers and and enthusiatsGood luck(and yes there are probably several other tracks where you can run .Just ask the other racers where they run.
Old 08-04-2013, 07:50 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for the replies guys! I really appreciate it. I will be heading down to Floyd Bennet and Port Jervis one of these days to check it out once I feel my car is some what up to par. Would any one be able to let me know how to get in touch with people at the track to figure out if I would be able to race with my Nitro 4-tec Pro .15? I know the care is not meant to race so I would rather not drive 1.5 hours to get turned away.

vintage Shu Cat - I don't think I would be able to run with the electrics? The 4-Tec I have is a nitro .15 Pro.

Thanks guys
Old 08-04-2013, 12:03 PM
Tech Regular

Default ...jus try their respective threads here......

hey Mavs , each of their respective threads tend to be "at-the-top" when you go to the Nitro forums. Also you may want to look into the Blue Diamond Racing(NJ) thread and occasionaly Jackson RC where on occasion ,nitro touring is run on (saturday) Good luck.
Old 08-04-2013, 04:51 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by oreo
hey Mavs , each of their respective threads tend to be "at-the-top" when you go to the Nitro forums. Also you may want to look into the Blue Diamond Racing(NJ) thread and occasionaly Jackson RC where on occasion ,nitro touring is run on (saturday) Good luck.
Thanks oreo I have seen those ones and they are kind of pushing it distance wise but maybe in a few weeks when the car is tuned right and I have done a few(ok, a lot) parking lots I might take the drive for a practice race. The Enfield onroad 1/10 nitro looks like something I can do though.